PAL - July 2012 babies

Very cute BD...love your hair!

Liz, we have the Canadian brand version of this one and we love it, it's really good quality. I'll likely be getting another one of the same for this baby

https://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_04916761000P?prdNo=10&blockNo=10&blockType=G10

there is a dresser/table that matches but I don't see it on Sears

No worries Lauren - anything with an L I usually assume is directed at me :p

Liz - https://www.babyappleseed.com/collections.htm
we ordered the "davenport" version of this brand from buy buy baby (I don't know if you have that store near you) but it's a US store. We just love it, it's very sturdy! We also got a matching dresser and they have other furniture that can go with it.

BreakingDawn - you look great!! love the bump!

I got in to the see the doctor today and I had white blood cells and nitrates in my urine so they said that's indicative of a UTI (as I thought) and they gave me some antibiotics. Hoping they will kick in quickly! My SIL also snuck me in for a quick peek at our little one - looks like he has DH's nose :) always so relieving to see him!

Miss C how did you get on with your scan?

Lins yay for a sneaky scan and fingers crossed the anti-biotics work super quick for you :hugs: I havent had a UTI (watch me jinx myself now) yet but I have had thrush a couple of times :nope:

Love the bumps everyone! This is me at 24 weeks - I still think I look like I've just eaten too many cakes though :haha::haha:

Attachments

• 534673_3712913064135_1314904218_3498697_647485121_n.jpg
    534673_3712913064135_1314904218_3498697_647485121_n.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 2
Haha, no collie you def look pregnant!! Looking great!!

Hi ladies lovely bumps!! :thumbup: glad to see everyone is doing well :hugs:

My GD kicked in around 14wks i was controling it with metformin to start with then they put the dosage up then added in insulin 4units at night thats now up to 8units so iam guessing it wont be long till they add in another insulin that ill need to take with every meal :wacko: Still keeping up beat and cant wait till our liitle guy is all cooked and arrives safely. The consultant has said they want to deliver by section between 36 and 38wks so we'l need to see when i get a date. Was sad as i really wanted a natural birth but at the end of the day as long as he gets here safe thats what matters.

Here is my bump at 24 weeks

Attachments

• DSC_0104.jpg
    DSC_0104.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 4
Gorgeous bump Nic! Sorry about the natural birth plans going down the drain but like you said as long as he gets here happy and healthy :hugs: And on the plus you will get to meet him early :thumbup:

I had such an awful nights sleep last night. I went to bed early as well as I was feeling sick and tired but I tossed and turned ALL night... my hip pain was terrible I just couldnt get comfy and then when I did I would wake up feeling sick or with reflux!! Yuck! I dont like complaining because I am really so thankful that I have this second chance but last night really took it out of me, I dont think I slept for more than 20-30 minute intervals at a time and I have to go to work at 3 till midnight today.

On the plus side I have a 3D scan on the 21st :happydance: so excited!

HeavyHeart why do they say you have to have a section, I am still planning a natural at this stage and have had no opposition from docs so far and this will be a VBAC. I too have GD and was insulin dependent last time but still diet controlled at this stage.

Collie I am hearin ya on the hip pain but I am only getting it in right side, I have tied a small pillow big pillow and body pillow all between legs under belly behind my back etc etc etc etc and nothing is helping, I then manage to fall asleep from exhaustion and wake up almost on my tummy and freak out that I am squashing ziggy!!

I have terrible hip pain on my right side too! I got a pregnancy pillow off amazon that helps but it practically takes up the whole bed and can be too much when its warm out. A pillow between my legs helps a bit on warmer nights.

The pillow was helping for me in the earlier weeks but now its not making any difference really, infact sometimes I feel it makes it worse. I went to a physio class and she said for hip pain it is better to sleep with your leg over the pillow almost like your in the recovery position rather than with the pillow between your leg but that doesnt really help me either!

I agree Collie sometimes I think the pillow makes it worse. I've found that prenatal yoga helps me...I haven't been in a couple weeks and my hip has been killing me. I won't be missing it this week! That's for sure!

I've been doing a prenatal pilates DVD and so far (fingers crossed!) I've been pretty much ache free - It's not been too difficult either (I'm not the sportiest), I'd recommend it to anyone. I've been sleeping with a thin pillow between my legs which has made sleeping on my side a bit easier, although I still find I roll onto my back.

I have been off work for the last couple of days with a horrible cold - it's really knocked me for six. It's the first time I've been ill the whole pregnancy and it's been so hard not being able to dose myself up!

HeavyHeart why do they say you have to have a section, I am still planning a natural at this stage and have had no opposition from docs so far and this will be a VBAC. I too have GD and was insulin dependent last time but still diet controlled at this stage.

Collie I am hearin ya on the hip pain but I am only getting it in right side, I have tied a small pillow big pillow and body pillow all between legs under belly behind my back etc etc etc etc and nothing is helping, I then manage to fall asleep from exhaustion and wake up almost on my tummy and freak out that I am squashing ziggy!!

I think mostly because ive had 2 previous sections, last one was a failed vbac due to her being 10lbs 5oz. My diabetes kicked in this time at 14wks and ive been on insulin since 19wks. They have said they will support vbac but only if i end up in early labour and turn up at the hospital but given that my first was 12days late and 2nd was 7days late they dont see that happening. They are presuming that by the end of my pregnancy my diabetes will be hard to control and therefore feel it would be best to deliver him early by section as they wont induce due to previous sections. All i can do is cross my fingers i go into labour a bit earlier and that the diabetes behaves. xxx

The pillow was helping for me in the earlier weeks but now its not making any difference really, infact sometimes I feel it makes it worse. I went to a physio class and she said for hip pain it is better to sleep with your leg over the pillow almost like your in the recovery position rather than with the pillow between your leg but that doesnt really help me either!

iam feeling your pain!!! i thought i was the only one who found the pillow can make it worse :dohh:. I always end up on my back with the pillow on top of me lol, hubby says iam sum sight:haha: xxx

I just wanted to say I cannot believe I am almost in the third trimester!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->