• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PAL - July 2012 babies

Thanks. It just hurts my feelings when I'm always there for people who are never there for me. I hope your test comes back ok! I hated that drink. It was all I could do to drink it on time. So glad I passed it!

Thanks breakingdawn! I hope you hear back from people soon! And I did pass my Glucose test! Yay! I didn't really mind the drink and my little man loved it lol

Have any of you been having pelvic pain? Like on your pubic bone? It hurts when I stand up. It's not that bad just curious if anyone else is getting that?

Yes!!!!!!! My pelvic bone feels bruised. And to top it off my feet are swelling! Welcome to my 30th week (tomorrow) lol.

BD....I know it's disappointing...people don't even realize sometimes. One of my closest friends ---who's wedding shower I hosted AT MY HOUSE--- didn't come to mine because her daughter had a swim meet. And just to point out, she's obsessed with swimming has a swim meet every weekend all year round pretty much. I was pretty let down about that after all I did for her. But people can be selfish!! She didn't go to my baby shower either but they were in Disney that time.

So I'm in a little dilemma b/c there is a huge whooping cough outbreak in new brunswick, and they're recommending women in 3rd trimester getting the vaccine. I'm ok with that, especially since it will pass some immunity to the baby so she may get some protection until she starts getting vaccinated. BUT...I read that getting it now may inhibit her body's natural immunity to pertussis later down the line. Because the vaccinations she'll get won't be as effective if she already has "some" immunity from me. Confusing, but....still worth getting now right? It's very dangerous for babies under 1 year, they could die and will mostly likely need to be hospitalized if they get it. hmm.

oh and yes, my pelvis feels like it's completely unhinged at the seams and operating as two separate parts!!! ouch.

Lauren, I just think it is super crappy when I have friends form out of state, who I barely know, wishing they could come to my shower... and then people who live literally 5 or 10 minutes from me and claim to be my friend, coming up with excuses. We sent out invites a MONTH in advance. But you know... what goes around comes around. Next time they send me an invite to something I'll be "too busy". :(

I got the vaccine for whooping cough... I recently read a story that scared me so much I HAD to get it. Apparently it is super easy for adults to catch it in the hospital and if your baby gets it, it is bad.... the story I read was awful. Very upsetting. I just did not want to take a chance. My arm was sore for about a week but that was it. No other reactions!

when did you get the vaccine? and did you get the Tdap, or just the vaccine for pertussis?
I'm not too worried about side effects really, they seem so minimal, and yes I agree it's a HORRIBLE think for a little newborn to get, that would be such a scary time!!! I guess my question is the "when" should I get it? asap?

oh and BD, where do you live?

I believe it was the Tdap I got and it was during my week 28 visit. All I know is she told me I had no records of ever getting the vaccine nor in the hospital with my last delivery and she said the vaccine would prevent against whooping cough. As soon as she said that I was like, do it! They were sticking me with so many needles that day anyway.. I had the gestational diabetes test, finger pricked, and a shot for the rh negative issue.

Lauren- I had to get the Tdap shot back around 15 weeks. They want you to wait until the 2nd try but after that you are encouraged to get it. If you've had a Tetnus shot between 2001 and now it probably included the whooping cough vaccine in it automatically because they've been combined since then.

Thanks girls! I guess I'll just go get my Tdap then. I was hoping to isolate the pertussis vaccine but I don't think it's available. Have there been bad outbreaks in the US? I guess here there are usually 20-40 cases a year, but this year SO FAR, 370 confirmed cases and lots more suspected. holy crap! so yeah I better go get it!

I have an aunt that lives in Woodstock, GA on Lake Alatoona...I visit her lots, I love it there and I love Atlanta!!

Lauren, no kidding!!! We are about an hour from Woodstock! And yeah, apparently whooping cough is getting worse which is why doctors are pushing the vaccine. I am glad I got it, so it is not another thing I have to worry about. :)

30 weeks today! My shower is on Saturday.. let's see how it turns out. A little nervous!

Oh cool! she used to live in Smyrna, but has been in Woodstock for quite a while now.

So exciting to have a shower!! I won't get another one this time of course, but I made out like a bandit at the first one. So much great loot!!

I wasn't going to have another shower but my mom insisted. It has been over 4 years since our first shower and although it is another girl, we did not save anything. But it is like I am telling all my friends, it is not about gifts.. to me a shower is celebrating the life of another baby and I just feel if our first got one, why not our second?? Just did not seem fair. Plus after what I went through in August and losing one of my tubes I thought I'd never have another child again. This will probably be our last so we just want to make it special.

Oh yeah I don't think there's anything wrong with it!! I just know one will throw me one this time. I don't mind! I still have everything I need from DD. we have all the big stuff and so many clothes it's just crazy!!

We'll have the families up in august for the Christening and we'll have a little party then!

I think we purchased all the big items ourselves.. but there are a few small things we need. It is okay though, we can buy whatever we do not get. I am not too worried about it. I have been so stressed with school lately I need a fun get together with friends!

I'm not planning on having a baby shower, although I think they're much more common in the US? I think we might have some friends over in June just to celebrate our last few weeks as a couple and celebrate the way our life is about to change! I think we'll get bought things after the little lady has arrived as that's the way it been with all my other friends.

Breaking, it's rubbish when you feel friends have let you down - they probably just don't realise how important this is to you. I'm sure you'll still have a lovely shower with those who can make it :hugs:

We've almost got everything we need now although we still need to get the cot and pram delivered. Still feeling OK and not puffy (yet!) and can't believe how quickly the time is flying by!

Quick question for those ladies who have had little ones already - what kind of clothes did you wear for the month after baby was born?? I'm planning to breastfeed and I'm not particularly vain, but I don't want to feel rubbish in those first few weeks either! Some people say continue to wear maternity clothes and others people say they just won't fit any more. And my pre-pregnancy clothes definitely won't fit so I'm thinking I might need a couple of new bits to tide me over...but then will I be much smaller once I've given birth?? Thanks for any advice!!!

Thank you Lady. :)

Since your baby will be born in the summer (although I am not sure what the weather is like where you are) I would go for something simple and comfortable. Personally, I wrote skirts with elastic waist and tank tops. You can get nursing tank tops which are awesome for breast feeding. I plan to get some! You probably won't fit into your last maternity clothes but you will still need bigger clothes so anything stretchy and soft is always nice!

Good luck with your shower BD! I hope it goes well and you all have fun :happydance:

Lady I have no idea about clothes after the birth - to be honest I hadnt even thought about so thanks for prompting me too!

How is everyone else? I'm still suffering with SPD, I've been signed off work for a few weeks to try and get the pain under control and I'm now walking with crutches! Yuck. I had a consultant appointment yesterday and it looks like she wants to induce me around 38 weeks, maybe slightly earlier if the pain gets much worse. I'm barely sleeping at night, maybe getting 3-4 hours before the pain gets too much and I have to get up and the lack of sleep plus pain is bringing back my sickness too! Not having such a fun time right now :haha: But aside from that baby is doing well and they are completly happy with him! :happydance:

Oh Collie that sounds dreadful!!! I hope you can get some relief.

I still wore some of my smaller maternity stuff after the birth. I probably lost about 20lbs in the first week, but the last 10+ took a while longer, and my regular clothes didn't all fit.

I didn't buy any nursing tops...most days (because it was also in the summer) I'd wear those tank tops with the built in bra...that were just easy to pull down, and I didn't feel like a frump every day! Those worked well for me. I think it was about 4-6 months before I felt really good in my regular pants...so until then it was a lot of yoga pants and my smaller maternity stuff that I wore earlier in the pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->