• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PAL - July 2012 babies

Collie - the SPD sounds awful - makes me feel very lucky to be pain free so far! I had a friend who had SPD from about 20 weeks and she was on crutches at times, but once her DD was born it went away really quickly. Hopefully you'll be able to get the pain under control and get a bit more sleep :hugs:

I'm just getting a bit of insomnia - was away from 3am to 6am last night which was pretty annoying, but I reckon I'm getting of pretty lightly so far.

Thanks for the advice - I think I'm just going to get a few comfy, stretchy cheap bits for the first few weeks and then go shopping (online if I haven't worked out how to leave the house yet!!) once the first chunk of weight has come off if I need to. I think there's a danger I could spend too much on clothes that just won't fit a couple of weeks down the line otherwise. Going to look for some yoga pants/wide leg trousers and will probably get some nursing tops to keep me going - H&M do some cheap decent looking ones. Sadly my books are too big for the built in bra vests (I've gone from a DD to GG already to heaven knows what size they'll be when I'm feeding!!) so need to get some proper bras too.

Collie - I just looked up SPD and I guess I have a mild form of that as my pelvic bone hurts a lot when I stand up and when I roll over in bed at night. It says that it's a good idea to rest and sit when you can with it but I find I feel so much better after getting up and walking around. Last night we watched a movie in bed and I had a hard time sleeping because it was bothering me so much but felt much better when I got up with the dogs this morning. I hope you start to feel better soon!!

BreakingDawn - I hope you have a lovely baby shower today!!

I had read that our little one's will usually peak with their movements between 24 and 28 weeks but the last few days have been nuts for my little guy! I just love it! Maybe it's because he's just getting so much bigger that I feel every little movement. I think I'm really going to miss that feeling once he's born but I'm sure I'll get over it quickly! :p

Oh and with the clothes thing - I've never had a baby before but I assume since it will be summer that I'll wear a lot of dresses and probably sweatpants at night. I'm in a wedding 3 months after my due date so I have to get into a bridesmaids dress pretty quickly so hopefully I'll shrink pretty quickly! eek!

Well, my baby shower was amazing. The turn out was so much bigger than I had anticipated and it seemed like it took forever to open up all the gifts. Some people even brought a gift for our 3 y/o so she wouldn't feel left out! My husband served margaritas (with and without alcohol to celebrate Cinco de Mayo) and he was just an amazing host in general. I had to share a photo of a touching gift we received. It was such a nice day!

Attachments

• alice.jpg
    alice.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 7
Glad you had a great day bd! That's adorable!

It was so nice to get a personalized item because it seals the fact we have definitely chosen her first name! Our course the middle name is still up in the air!

how about some bump pics this week??!! let's see 'em

Lauren - you've probably already seen this pic on my facebook but for everyone else - there's my big belly!! He's doing well in there - just had my last appointment with my high risk doctor monitoring my cervix - so happy it's been holding together as it should! I also posted the profile pic they gave me of him this morning. He was 3lbs 3ounces! Measuring about a week ahead - so maybe we'll get to meet him a little early :) just hopefully not too early!

How's everyone else doing?? I'm still having the pelvic pain - doc said it's because the baby has moved so he's head down and it's putting pressure on my pelvis and there's really not much I can do, so ohwell! Just glad he's doing well!

Hope everyone is doing great!

Attachments

• 28wks5days.jpg
    28wks5days.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 28wks6days.jpg
    28wks6days.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1
I definitely do not feel fantastic! :( People can use me as a flotation device in the pool!!!

No honey, you're pregnant and beautiful!!!!
I'll take a new one tomorrow as its 8:54 pm and I'm laying in bed. Haha

Linds you look awesome! So glad everything is great!!!

Here's my bumpage this week. who else has one!!??

Attachments

• 31 weeks.jpg
    31 weeks.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 5
Lauren - you're tiny with a lovely bump :flower:

Here's me - looking massive at 32+1...

Bump 32 plus 1.jpg

We had our first NTC class last night - I was feeling a bit sceptical beforehand as had heard both good and bad stories from other people, but actually had a good time. The other people there were really nice and we had a good laugh as well as learning some interesting things. DH wasn't so keen, but he hates anything involving group activities - he's coming whether he likes it or not anyway!

Thanks Lady!

ha, you do NOT look massive!!! far from it!!!! you look awesome.

What's NTC class?

Thanks Lauren - have moments when I feel like a whale!

Just realised it's NCT :dohh: - I think it stands for National Childcare Trust. Anyway they're antenatal classes. We get to learn all about labour and later stages of pregnancy as well as the basics of how to look after baby when she arrives, like breastfeeding etc. They're quite an institution in the UK and I don't think our hospital does much to get you ready so I decided to sign up - we need all the help we can get!!

OMG you are all so flippin' tiny, here is me at 30weeks!!!

https://i46.tinypic.com/nnqyy9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->