PAL - July 2012 babies

Well, I had a trip to labor and delivery the other day. Unpleasant! I was hooked up to a monitor at my doctor's office, was having contractions every 4-5 minutes. They were not really painful just uncomfortable. So, they sent me to L&D where I had 2 shots to try and stop them along with IV fluids and other unpleasant things done. They finally sent me home. They have slowed down some but still here... not sure if I will make it to my week 39 date or not now!

I have been MIA for a few weeks cos 1) My 3 year ild had surgery for tonsils and adenoids removal and recovery has been rough, then I got sick with a nasty head cold and chesty cough ending up with a sinus infection and bloody mucus coming out of my nose - so painful - but it cleared up for a few days and I then ended up in hospital with vertigo - sheesh rough last month or so!!!

Ziggy is doing OK so far, have another scan on Friday at 34 weeks to check growth and position etc etc, pretty sure he has dropped down quite a lot judging by the pain in my pubic area, stabbing pains in my wanny are NOT pleasant. I have a gut feeling that this baby will come early - dunno why but just feel it. Nursery is painted and I will pick up the layby this weekend with all the bedding curtains etc etc and will pack the bags next week just to be sure. Appointment with OB on Wednesday next week too following the scan and I know she is gonna push me on a decision for a section but at this stage still hoping for VBAC although my blood levels have crept up a little in the last week or so but I haven't been very strict either so gonna be very careful this week with foods and get some proper readings before then.

Anywhoo that's my update and I'll go have a read of what you have all been up to now!!

Hi ladies!

Sorry you had a scare BD! How are you feeling now?

My mil is convinced I'm going to deliver early but I'm not sure...I think he'll join is early but nothing significant. I've been having a lot of pubic pain that has recently switched to back pain. Hoping today will be better. I have a feeling I will be ready for this little guy to be out in the next few weeks lol. My belly is huge and all out front - probably why I have the back pain.

Little man keeps getting hiccups! So cute! I get some mild cramping every once in a while...is that braxton hicks? Or just cramps?

How's everyone else doing?

I'm still having contractions but not as frequent but sometimes I do have weird period like cramps/pain... so that is a little worrisome. I am not dilated or anything yet, since the last check. So, I don't know. All I know is my hospital bag and cell phone charger will be IN my car for my next doctor visit in case I stay!

Hi girls!! 35 weeks, woo hoo!

the bh's definitely can get stronger near the end. I've had a few painful ones too. I also think I'll go early, but don't know if that's just wishful thinking!! of course I only mean like a week early...don't want to be too early!

my pelvis started feeling lots better, and I wonder if it has anything to do with me not taking the omega-6 anymore? supposedly is softens your ligaments and cervix...eek!! but no harm done I guess...my cervix was still firm and closed as of last week.

Getting close to meeting our babies now girls!! so exciting :)

Hi ladies,

BD - glad things have settled down again for you and maybe the crams are just BH now? I've been getting lots of tightening and a bit of light cramping but nothing too painful yet.

Hi everyone else - we're on the home stretch now! :happydance:

Had my 36week MW appt today and I'm 3 fifths engaged so things are starting to happen! I thought baby had moved down as I was needing to wee more often and I'm feeling more pressure down low, but I wasn't expecting it to be that far along! I know it doesn't mean she'll arrive early or even on time, but it gives me hope that I won't be hanging around until 42 weeks!

Today I went to the bathroom and noticed a weird pink color when I wiped. It was mixed with some clear stuff. So, of course I frantically started wiping to see if it would get darker and I noticed it on maybe 4 or 5 wipes? I went to the bathroom not long ago and did not notice anything except maybe a small spot of light pink. I am still having the BH contractions off and on and every now and then some light cramps/back pain. I called my nurse and they don't want to bring me in unless it gets worse/turns bright red.. or I am not feeling movement. I didn't feel much this morning so I drank a soda, laid down, and got about 4-5 movements I think. Trying not to be concerned!!!

That sounds like 'show' BD - it could mean that your body is getting ready to go into labour. It doesn't mean you're in labour though - you can get a 'show' a couple of weeks before labour actually starts.

Yes, I think so - I don't think it always comes out all in one go though. It also shows that your cervix is softening.

Ugh, just saw more of it after my shower! Just one wipe and it was a little more brownish... kind of unpleasant really!

I've also heard that women can lose the mucus plug but it will grow back if the baby's not ready yet. Just keep a close eye on things and go in if you feel uneasy about any of it! better safe!!

Still crampy + contractions + icky mucus plug issues. Hurry up Wednesday for my doctor appointment!!! My doctor is out of town until Monday too.... ugh.

Yea there are other doctors you can see if you're worried! Keep us updated!

I reeeeeeeeeeeeally don't want any other doctor doing my c section at this practice. Like reeeeeeally.

eeeeeeeeeeeeek 26 days until we meet Ziggy - my gestational diabetes has ramped up and I am now on insulin. Bubs at 34 weeks had full term sized head and belly so we are no on strict controls until 38 weeks and planned c section. May be possible for an induction and VBAC attempt IF the cervix is showing any signs of ripening and open enough to put in a catheter but not hanging too much hope on that. So at this stage provisionally booed for July 5th!!!

BD how is everything today? has the spotting and cramping stopped?

Miss C sorry about the diabetes :( are you feeling ok?

More cramps today... still losing mucus plug stuff but not as bad lately unless I move or walk around a lot. Doctor appointment on Wednesday, my goal is to make it until that time! I am feeling movement still so that's good!

hang in there BD!!

I have the start of my weekly OB appointments starting Weds! it's really coming to the end!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->