PAL - July 2012 babies

whinge ahead - I feel like crap today - worst nights sleep ever, hips so painful so tossed and turned and turning hurt cos all my tummy muscles pulled, have a touch of vertigo back again AND I have dialed up from 4-12 on the insulin over last few days and still not getting within range readings - grrrrrrrrrrr d NOT want to make this baby any bigger! At 34 weeks scan we had a full term head and belly hence why we are going at 38 weeks.

AND I have just called to confirm numbers for my baby shower high tea and they have double booked and bumped me from private room to main dining area so now frantically looking for an alternative venue for Sunday.

eff me dead is ANYTHING with this baby gonna be straight forward? Seriously!!

BD hang in there darlin' hope all is well today, losing the plug and pre labour contractions etc can last for a couple of weeks as far as I know, it only if the waters break you need to be IN LABOR in the next 48 hours.

Miss C :hugs: - hope you find somewhere else for your baby shower. Life is so much harder when your tired and when you're worried about your baby too.

Could you have the baby any earlier? You're 'full term' from 37 weeks so would they consider birth a week earlier or is that out of the question? I hope it all works out and you get your insulin levels under control.

BD - hang in there! Like Miss C said, the mucus plug can be lost a good could of weeks before labour starts so it doesn't mean that anything is wrong, and feeling movement is great as it means baby is non the wiser. If you're waters break or contractions become regular and strong then you'll need to call your midwife. Good luck at your appt tomorrow.

AFM, pretty boring really. Just the normal aches and pains but not doing too badly really which I'm grateful for. Although it would be good to see some sunshine, I'm quite enjoying having ankles at the moment as they disappeared during the last heatwave and that was grim!

BD what's the news? did you have your appointment yesterday?

Yesterday was stupid, lol. I got hooked up to the monitor, was contracting every 2-3 minutes SO they sent me down to L&D YET AGAIN..... for IV fluids and medicine to stop the contractions (which again barely worked). Joy. I got sent home... still having contractions but not as bad right now. Also, I just got a personal call from my doctor... o_O He wanted to see how I was doing and then told me if I am still constantly contracting once I am in week 37 to be prepared to go in for a c-section right then at my appointment. But, he did say he would be the one to do it so that is a relief! No on call doctor as long as it's during the day. So, she may be here sooner than expected.

so did they check you for effacement and dilation?? that's kind of crazy they're just letting this go, isn't it? doesn't really make sense to me!

No cervical change at all which was really surprising due to the issue I had all last week/weekend. I guess since the baby is doing fine and I am just suffering physically they want to hold out until full term. It sucks but it is what it is I guess. Crappy thing is, my doctor appointment next week I will still be in week 36 so if I am contracting still, nothing will be done. Have to wait for the week 37 visit. :(

Oh well that's good you're not dilating and effacing yet. That really sucks though, I'm sorry!

I started having BAD, I mean really bad cramps around 2am this morning. I couldn't tell if they were contractions or not. They would go away as soon as I'd get up and walk around a bit but my stomach felt really hard. I almost called the on call doctor but I am SO jaded now by getting sent to L&D for the shots that don't work I just didn't call. I was like, well.. I guess I might have the baby in bed tonight or something. It slowed down enough for me to sleep but now that I am awake I am feeling them again. I really don't think it is active labor and I know they won't do anything before 37 weeks so I am not sure what to do.

That really sucks. Are you well hydrated? Did you take some tylenol for the pain?

BD braxtons can be more painful than normal contractions in a lot of women, have you tried having a warm bath or a shower and running water over your tummy when they are happening. I had some the other night that were literally taking my breath away but in 2-3 minutes of running warm water over my tummy in the shower all settled down.

How are you doing now BD? I've been having some cramping too but nothing serious. I'm on weekly appts now...almost there ladies!

Hey there ladies, just saw on another traed BD had her baby, and all is well :happydance: so happy for her. Congrats BD. Wont be long now for the rest of us :)

ohhhh exciting!! so glad everything is ok with them. Congrats BD!!!

I lost some of my plug over the weekend, but it wasn't blood streaked, so I guess it's not necessarily a sign of anything coming soon. :shrug:

how is everyone else this morning?

Hi ladies. Yesterday around 5pm my water broke while I was sitting at home! We rushed to the hospital and I had my baby girl at 8:38pm via c section. She weighs 6lbs and 5oz. Her name is Alice Winter. I'll post a picture once I get home and to a computer. Might not be until Thursday or Friday though. If anyone wants to see her sooner find me on facebook. Facebook.com/kytti

that's awesome BD!! She's a good size for only 36 weeks, perfect! Glad everything is going well

hugs!

:wohoo: aw BD congratulations!!!! hope baby alice is well, what a good weight!!! wishing you a speedy recovery :hugs: :hugs: xxx

Congratulations BD - so glad all went well for you :hugs:

I wonder who will be next????

Yay! Congrats BD! So happy for you!

Lauren - have you had any contractions or anything?

My feet have started swelling as of this weekend...I've been thankful they've held off this long!

OMG welcome to the world Alice - congrats BD and well done.

Next? Hmmmm given a choice I'd have Ziggy today!! I am so so so uncomfortable, Ziggy keeps kicking my fibroids and that seruiously is so painful, my hips will be up on first degree murder charges and I swear if there is any more pressure my pubic bone is gonna give way, can barely walk today, can't sit for long cos when I stand I almost pass out, cannot lay down cos my hips hurt so much and I feel so so so guilty for wishng this to be over cos we are exactly where we wanted to be and tried so hard to be and would not change it for the world - feel like an ungrateful bitch today! Sorry feel really sorry for myself today.

On a lighter note took some photos at the weekend, you can see how big I am!!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150507073848498.395371.640593497&type=1&l=d8e5ab2b10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->