PAL Summer 2011 Babies - From 1st tri to MC and back again in one go.

He's not as sweet as you think!!!

Don't you think it'd be really interesting to hear each other speak, I always forget about people having accents, when I read what they've written they all sound like me, get ready for it.....................Emmerdale meets Kes. Yes everyone originally I'm from Barnsley. And if you don't know the film Kes................... Emmerdale meets Brassed Off.

Robs from Sheffield so when he's not trying to sound like he comes from NI, he's like Emmerdale meets Full Monty (without the tackle :rofl:)

He's glaring at me now!!!

Does Rob hand you something and say ' eeee arrrrrr love' ?
I say love quite a bit and being from High Green in Sheffield the accent is quite strong!!
Now we live in Barnsley and i cant get my head around the accent, i cant tell a word my midwife is saying half the time!! :wacko:

:rofl: my god where abouts in Barnsley are you!!! Is her accent that strong!

Thankfully no Rob doesn't say that :haha: I'd be handing it him back :thumbup:

I think mines sort of a mish mash accent now, people from Sheffield can tell I'm from Barnsley, people from Barnsley think I'm posh because of how I speak and I suppose here people just recognise it as more northern accent. Although someone did ask me the other day if I was from Lancashire, so I think thats Emmerdale meets Coronation Street meets Kes :wacko:

It's not bloody weird!! :rofl: Stop picking on me!!

My OH is from Barnsley Caroline, his accent is stupid. :lol:

What's a Barnsley man doing in Wales, he's a rarity very few people make it out of Barnsley, have you been, its like a black hole no one gets away :dohh:

I bet he sounds perfectly normal to me :thumbup: Where's he from?

xxx

It's not bloody weird!! :rofl: Stop picking on me!!

My OH is from Barnsley Caroline, his accent is stupid. :lol:

What's a Barnsley man doing in Wales, he's a rarity very few people make it out of Barnsley, have you been, its like a black hole no one gets away :dohh:

I bet he sounds perfectly normal to me :thumbup: Where's he from?

xxx

His dad moved down here when he split from my OH's mum. He came down to visit him and just never went back! Bummer for him lmao!!!

He was born in Mexborough but lived in a mining village. I've forgotten where now (wish he was here so I could ask!!).

Apparently so Eve!!! Me and you are the only ones in a different country LOL

We are living in Wombwell at the min.
My sister is from Sheffield and now she lives in Wombwell and works at Barnsley Hospital and she speaks Barnsley now too, as does my nephew who goes to a Barnsley school!

Haha, Barnsley man in Wales! ;-)

Rob says (get ready for it) he's got connections to NI, and learnt to kiss, smoke and swear in welsh all on holiday at 13!!!

He's gone now to get me strawberries and cream xxx

Not only am I from Barnsley but I went to school in the village where Brassed Off was filmed, also went out with the artist who painted the paintings for Brassed Off (I use the term went out very loosely :sex: !!! :blush:) Van Gogh had nothing on him, he was completely crackers, we went out for a few months before I came out of the ridiculous place I was in!!!

We are living in Wombwell at the min.
My sister is from Sheffield and now she lives in Wombwell and works at Barnsley Hospital and she speaks Barnsley now too, as does my nephew who goes to a Barnsley school!

Haha, Barnsley man in Wales! ;-)

I used to work at Barnsley hospital many years ago and kendray hospital (that's where I met Rob xxx)

xxx

You live in WOMBWELL MWAH HAHAHAHAHAHA that's the funniest name ever!!!!! LOL

there's a place near Wombwell called Jump!
People don't say Wombwell they pronounce it Wumwell
Xxx

I think English place names are way funnier than ours!!!

Yea but H you don't count because your accent makes it sound cool, not common LOL

Yay heva! My mw wont tell me how engaged she is. She just says she is very very low. I know she has engaged as I can breathe and eat again! But I need a wee every two mins. Lol

Sorry you felt rough pip - hope you feel better now.

Had a good day today! Got some fantastic news and getting a brand new car:) the doc gave me some med for my acid reflux and it knocks me out at night - so getting much more sleep.

I'm so boring I have no accent I'm just plain old southern England. Family have been for generations. Have a boring bbc language which does warp when talking to Devonish people as that's where I grew up. I can do a good ee by gum accent but it's not mine :haha:

Good luck embo x x

Only reason I know is because it wrote in my notes Emma x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"