PAL Summer 2011 Babies - From 1st tri to MC and back again in one go.

Hi ladies!
Just wanted to leave a quick update before I go give my little guy a bath. So, I had my scan today. Which I thought was my 8 week scan give or take a few days. I expected to have some confusion. The good news is I saw a heartbeat...what I am nervous about is that the baby is measuring at 6 weeks. Puts me two weeks backwards. I am so confused with when I got my pregnancy test and last months period. I guess this is why they say wait to months before you start trying after a MC b/c these screwy things happen.
Thankfully my Dr. is awesome and is letting me come back for another dating scan next week. I am definately not out of the woods yet, and not feeling a whole lot of comfort. But I saw a heartbeat and I need to remember that. Thanks ladies for your support.

dimples, you have just described exactly what's happened to me so you're not on your own. I've seen the heartbeat twice now and it's definitely comforting when I have my down, negative moments. I've been discharged from EPU cos they're happy with how everything has progressed. My next scan is in SIX weeks !!

If you look in first tri, I've started a group for peeps like us, that have been measured early. there's about 17 of us so far and lots are about to update in the next few days (from their 12 week dating scans) Have a scoot over it's an interesting read.

Sending big :hugs2:

It can be so confusing when the dates aren't 100%. I have a friend who thought she was about 7 weeks last Monday and only saw a sac on her scan... Today, she saw a baby measuring 6+6 with a heartbeat! :shrug: As long as your baby has a beating heart, you're doing pretty well!

I was looking for stats (for myself)... but I'll share:

Heartbeat seen with no vaginal bleeding = 4% chance of loss
Heartbeat seen with vaginal bleeding = 13% chance of loss

The chance reduces even further when a heartbeat is seen at 8+ weeks. :thumbup: I can't complain about those odds!

Megg your friend is also the same as me. It's really amazing how many have this happen in early pregnancy.

Also loving your stats. I didn't know that and I have to say I did a little :yipee: when I saw that !!

I didn't know either. I thought the chance of loss was still higher... but I found it more than 1 place. And, I really don't want to know if its wrong, ya know? LOL I like the sound of it!

Thanks so much ladies for the encouragement!!! I will def. check that thread out!

dimplesmagee it happens so often and you are right thats exactly why they tell us to wait, so glad you didn't though :winkwink:

I feel sick with nerves, one hour to go.......amazing how different sickness feel different.

Good luck pip!!!

Dimples I'm sorry your scan wasn't the way you wanted but I'm glad the girls here supported you last night

AFM - I still want to nest crazily... I wasn't able to find my doppler so I ordered a new one and it's supposed to arrive between tomorrow and fri.... DYING for it to arrive. I used to listen to Saraya's HB all the time and still have a recordning of it which I put to her scan pics lol
Tablets are still doing their thing, I'm still having to take 3 a day which isn't good and mornings are hard [I feel so sick right now, waiting for the tablet to kick in] but it definitely gets easier as the day goes on!!

All is perfect :yipee: will update a picture tonight but nuchal measurement looks small and had bloods done too. All perfect. Moved by one day so will up date my ticker. New due date is 22nd July.

20 week scan booked 4th March 9am

Hi ladies!
Just wanted to leave a quick update before I go give my little guy a bath. So, I had my scan today. Which I thought was my 8 week scan give or take a few days. I expected to have some confusion. The good news is I saw a heartbeat...what I am nervous about is that the baby is measuring at 6 weeks. Puts me two weeks backwards. I am so confused with when I got my pregnancy test and last months period. I guess this is why they say wait to months before you start trying after a MC b/c these screwy things happen.
Thankfully my Dr. is awesome and is letting me come back for another dating scan next week. I am definately not out of the woods yet, and not feeling a whole lot of comfort. But I saw a heartbeat and I need to remember that. Thanks ladies for your support.

:hugs: for you....
I'm sure everything will be great! AND bean has a heartbeat!!!!!! :happydance:

All is perfect :yipee: will update a picture tonight but nuchal measurement looks small and had bloods done too. All perfect. Moved by one day so will up date my ticker. New due date is 22nd July.

YEY PIP!!!! :wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

Awesome Pip!!! Did they move your dates up by a day or are you moving your ticker by the measurements - the only reason I ask is because at my last scan Noodle was measuring 3 days big but I didn't know whether to move my ticker up or not!!

congratulations on your scan pipp x x
dimples I'm so pleased you got to see your baby's heartbeat I know how reassuring it is xx

I woke this mornig with a little crampy pain then had some brown cm (sorry tmi) when I went to the loo, its stopped now and really wasnt alot but I've moved my scan from saturday to thursday fx baby's ok. I'm also having my flu jab later :cry:

Hi everyone,
I feel like shite today....
I didn't sleep last night, my body hurts, my head hurts, i feel horrendously sick, i'm exhausted and my stomach is doing that stretching thing that is uncomfortable!
I have read that Baby Griff is doubling in size at this point so thats probably why i feel so crap....all i want to do is get back in bed but i'm waiting for a parcel and as soon as i get my ass in bed it will arrive!!!!
I have done NOTHING so far today, not even washed the pots from last nights tea - YUK!
Thanks for the rant.....i'm feeling sorry for myself! :-(

Caroline - ditto!! I've done nothing, still sitting in my dressing gown feeling ill!! Dishes sitting, Saraya is down for a nap... being lazy doing bugger all :] Enjoy it while we have the excuse ;)

Congratulations Pip, really pleased for you xxx

Dimples I'm sure everything will be ok xxx

Reversal FX for you, brown cm is old blood so try not to worry too much, easier said than done I know xxx

Caroline, you're not the only one, I got back from doing school runs and fell asleep, picked George up again at lunch time and still haven't done anything!!!

George's eye is very swollen and red today, I've told school that he's not going tomorrow gonna let him have a rest day.
I think I might have sciatic problems, got a cramp like pain in my bum cheek and my leg keeps going and won't work properly.
Still can't find babies heartbeat on doppler, can still find my own and the whoosh whoosh noise that I assume is the placenta. My uterus does tilt backwards and I do have loads of scar tissue from my c-section, don't know if this makes it more difficult.

xxx

Congrats, Pippin! :yipee:

Hoping the brown is nothing, Reversal! :hugs:

Sure all is well, Dimples! :thumbup:

Hope everyone else is well! :)

Happy 7 Weeks to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members