PAL Summer 2011 Babies - From 1st tri to MC and back again in one go.

Hi all and thanks Pippin for the invite.

Best guess is we got pregnant again within a few weeks of our lost one...I never had a period.

Date of miscarriage start 11/13-14...
Date of positive test 1/7

Based on this, I am estimating 8 weeks. What a trip...

Hi ya love. Welcome to our group. Feel free to chat about anything. We all come from the same experience. I'm on my phone now but will add you to the front page tomorrow. There you'll find all our stats as you've probably seen already. You'll get to know us really quickly as we're very chatty :haha: When us your first scan?

Well first prenatal appt is thursday...but i don;t think i'm getting a full US then..we'll see =)

Hello ladies. I hope you don't mind me joining you :blush:

I'm P, 25, mum to one gorgeous little lady and am expecting again, due June 26th, my birthday. :cloud9:

We suffered two losses (one at 6w5d, one at 8w6d) just before DD and one whilst trying for this current baby. I didn't even know I was pregnant with the most recent loss. We were trying but I was breastfeeding and my cycles were very much all over the place. On a whim I tested, right in the middle of what I can only describe as an epic period, like nothing I'd ever experienced except for my miscarriages. Lo and behold, a stonking great positive.

Cue a trip to the doctor, who referred me to the hospital, who took blood and scanned me. They found a 9-week old baby with no heartbeat. The bloods came back with hCG levels of around 8 weeks. 2 days later they had dropped to levels of around 6 weeks.

Shock doesn't begin to cover it, especially as I was charting my BBT at the time and had no indication I was pregnant. The month I must have conceived I had a normal thermal shift, a 2 day luteal phase (told you my cycles were screwy :lol:) and what I classed as a perfectly normal period. The same went for the next cycle: I had a thermal shift, FF gave me her lines, and I had what I thought was a 3-day LP, the next cycle the same story with a 6 day LP (I was chuffed that my cycles were supposedly regulating). Then the 'period from hell'.

Needless to say I was scouring my charts. The doctors were no use on that front and told me to stop obsessing (how can you not?!) and to this day I don't understand it. I mean the thermal shifts were slightly less dramatic when I was pregnant but it was still 'clear' ovulation :shrug: Even FF picked it up!

Anyway, that was back in June. We caught in September and this little bean has hopefully stuck! The good news is they gave me lots of scans in first tri to try and keep my mind at ease.

Sorry for the epic intro, as you can tell the most recent loss is certainly on my mind a lot more than the earlier two which I have sort of dealt with. Not totally, as I don't think you can ever get over it, but there you are.

I am thrilled to be expecting number two. I was told in my teens that I was unlikely to have children as my cervix was damaged (which is presumably why I've had trouble hanging onto pregnancies in the past) so to carry to term and have a beautiful healthy little girl was something I had almost ruled out, despite us deciding to ignore the doctor and try for children anyway. But for it to happen again! :cloud9: I am past my 'danger zone' (i.e. 7-9 weeks) and, while I'm still wary and by no means assuming the all clear, I am feeling a lot more relaxed this time around. My body has done it once before and I am clinging to that.

I hope you don't mind me joining you, I know I didn't start my journey with you ladies but I'm hoping to end it with you if that's ok.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Hello Ladies- I like it better here than the other thread :)
Our little story is similar to all of yours, from what I've read, except x2-
I miscarried fraternal twins at 9 weeks on August 1st. A pregnancy that wasn't planned but discovered it was very wanted. Hubby and I decided we would "Just let nature take it's course" and I apparently got pregnant about 5 minutes later - this time with IDENTICAL twins! Both pregnancies with no fertility help, or trying even- our Dr. says there aren't even statistics out there for something like this! It just proves to me that these two are supposed to be in our lives <3
I am due June 2nd, which puts me in the summer category- but will be delivering my girls by c-section at week 36, which puts us at the first week of May- 16 weeks to go!!!
(Ps- how do I get one of those groovy "trackers" and do they have any for TWO? lol

Scan daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :dance:

Welcome ladies!

Lilypie is a good place for tickers xx

Yes I found lilypie has some nice tickers and they do them for twins. Congratulations heyyady and good luck at your scan sequeena!

Hello to all the new ladies!!

Sequeena good luck with your scan!!!!!

Let us know how you get on at your scan sequena! Want to see pics!!

Welcome to the new ladies :)

Hey eve. The truth is I'm feeling pretty shitty!! Just thinking negatively about everything. Gutted I have to wait til 12 weeks (by their dates) 14 (by mine) and I'm gonna be told my baby has died again. Yesterday I was fine. Today is not a good day :(

How's you? x

I had a feeling you were a bit negative today :( Will they not give you another scan sooner than that? I mean one at 9w would be right in the middle? I only got extra scans because I was ill. I mean I know if you were having cramps or something like that.... when I was pregnant with Saraya I fainted and they took me to hospital and scanned me so if you feel ANYTHING like that it might be worth getting down there?
I was really not well yesterday, Chris was an asshole so I'm equally sicky feeling and angry!! I'm not AS sick right now but I got worse as yesterday went on so it's waiting to see how I'm gonna feel in a few hrs and I'll have a better indication of how I'm gonna be! I need to get the house cleaned and tidied for the landlord to come in and put some damp paint in our bedroom on FRIDAY!

Men are such a pain in the ass sometimes!!

Just been speaking to Gav about it all and we've decided to leave it this week and if I still feel this way we're gonna phone epau. Melissa (the nurse) said if I'm having any concerns I can phone any time. She did say that they prob won't scan me again tho cos I've already been scanned three times. I know that's bollocks tho cos I've seen loads on here that've been scanned way more times.

What they're afraid of using up their electricity?!? Sounds like crap to me! I've been scanned twice in EPU and twice in maternity. Because I've been booked in now if I have problems I can go to DOU which is in maternity but if I need to be kept in they will transfer me to Neely ward [which is the gynae ward] because I'm not 15w yet!
I'm sure if you were having bad cramping or something they would have to scan you? For some reason, when I was pregnant with Saraya, I was scanned and seen to faster when taken in by ambulance - fainting runs in the family - so every time I passed out in shops [so embarrassing!] they made me go in!

Aww Embo I'm sorry they're being difficult with you :( I was scanned at 5, 7, 9 and 12 weeks if it's any help... 14w seems a long time, especially after loss(es) :hug:

Scan went brilliantly!! Only one baby in there so I must be growing the hulk :haha: I saw him/her straight away curled up having a little nap. Baby was not happy about straightening out though - taking after me already :D I've been put back 2 days to 10 + 6 and my due date is August 4th It was such an amazing experience!

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs771.ash1/166102_1826822875507_1388356992_2043055_7762246_n.jpg

Baby measures 10cm x

So happy for you squeena!!

My doppler came today [after my last one cannot be found!] and I cannot find a hb at all... tried for ages, angling down behind the pubic bone etc etc and nothing..

Surely I should be able to pick it up by now? I know I'm being totally irrational but all I can think is... maybe there's no HB and that's why I can't hear it... :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->