PAL SUMMER BABIES (winter down south) 2011 ;) - Being updated again!

Fab news aussie about your poochies

Good luck Sequeena for your scan, keep positive hun xx

Good luck Sequeena.

Aussie, that home sounds great, and it's good that your son is taking it so well.

DH has asked me not to look for the baby's heartbeat on our borrowed doppler in front of him, as apparently he freaks out the whole time until I find it (not normally more than a few seconds, but yesterday s/he wasn't co-operating). :(

Good luck, sequeena.

Amidst all of our own stresses sometimes I think we forget about our poor dh's worries. When I thought I was losing this one DH cried more than I did.

Home dopplers can be good but I can easily imagine the unnecessary worry it can create. The dopplers at the hospital have yet to find my baby's heart beat even though my OB's doppler picked it up at 14 weeks quite easily.

My DH freaks out when the nurse can't find him at first. I can feel him squirming so I know he's okay. I have to tell him to relax. It means you have a very caring daddy to be.

Not very good news :( just hope they have better news for me next week.

sequeena, sorry you didn't get the news you wanted. At my 20 week scan, I had a student performing the ultrasound and she was commenting to the head technician that she was having a hard time finding one of the kidneys and the technician said that it's very tricky to find both due to positioning, etc. The head technician had to take over a bit to find it. Hopefully, this is the case with your baby. Good luck for your next scan.

sequeena, sorry you didn't get the news you wanted. At my 20 week scan, I had a student performing the ultrasound and she was commenting to the head technician that she was having a hard time finding one of the kidneys and the technician said that it's very tricky to find both due to positioning, etc. The head technician had to take over a bit to find it. Hopefully, this is the case with your baby. Good luck for your next scan.

Thanks :) I hope that's the case too. I'm a bit worried about the fluid but not as much as the kidney. Sigh.

Sorry Sequeena :hugs: Hope the next scan brings you good news.

At my 20 week scan bubs was being awkward and I had to go back the next week as they couldn't measure everything properly. All the best x

Sequeena hope you get some good new at your next scan.

AFM i have strained ligaments in my back and hips so i am on bed rest. Its not to bad as my beautiful DH is working from home and heloing out with the kids so i have actually been able to rest a bit. On another note though the OB saw me today and did a scan to check everything was OK, my cervix is closed and the placenta doesnt have any problems. Bubs is having a great time in there, bouncing around all over the place. So a got to have another look at bubs and everything is Ok as long as i just rest a little bit and take care when lifting things.

wow guys this thread has gone really really quiet for some reason.
Just an update from me. Things are going well, i have to go for my glucose test next week but i only have to do the 1 hour non fasting one which is great. DH and i had a chat about how life's going at the moment cause i just feel so useless. I rely on him to do the cooking most nights cause i'm just to sore and worn out to do anything. Its not very good at all cause he works really hard and i keep adding extra work which makes me feel worse. He doesn't mind but since i'm a SAHM i feel like i'm letting him down somehow.
I'm also just starting to feel useless cause i dont get out of the house much and haven't made any new friend in Melbourne yet.
OK self pity rant over now:coffee:

Not too much to report on my end. Still waiting for my ultrasound at the children's hospital to check up on my sch and placenta abruption. Baby is getting stronger all the time. I love to feel his kicks even though my cervix remains his favourite target....

Also have some baby showers planned for me already. It's a bit soon by traditional standards but DH and I are planning on moving out of province before baby arrives so it's the last chance for family and friends to throw them.

<Sings> Ooooohh, We're half way there, Woah oh, Living on a prayer! <\assault of eardrums>

I'm 20 weeks now! Only 20 to go!

Does anyone know when "viable" is now?

Not long till my 20 week scan. Keep having nightmares that they find s/he hasn't got a brain and won't live beyond birth :(. Hoping to find out the sex too.

I am viable today yay! :happydance: 24 weeks Kess :D Not long now for you!

Starry I am still getting used the movement and kicks I still find it very strange seeing my belly move so much, my whole belly moves now almost like you can see baby turn, nice that you get kicks in cervix lol My bubs seems to like kicking in my side when I lay on it as if to say what's this?!

Hope everyone else is doing well x

Yup viable is 24 weeks congrats foxforce! :dance:

Only another 5 weeks or for me, I'll be almost 25 weeks by my birthday so focusing on that as the next target :D

Congrats, Kess on reaching 20 weeks! Fears for scans are common but they more often than not turn out great! Hope your little one cooperates and let's you get a peek at the sex.

Congrats to foxforce for reaching viability!

I can only compare the kicks to my cervix to that funny, jarring feeling you get when bumping your funny bone. I'm starting to get more belly kicks but he still prefers sitting down low.

Congrats on your v day, fox.

squeena and kess, it'll be here before you know it!

Starry, I can feel little man squirm but like you the kicks are low and generally targeting my bladder.

AFM, just got over a cold/bronchitis, had it for almost two weeks. Went to the OB today and all is well. I've gained 4lbs so far. Hoping to only gain 20 more, but if I gain more it's fine. Getting some insomnia, nothing too horrible. I have the next two days off so I plan on get some rest. I have to have a scan in two weeks to check my cervical length and stitch as well as check Jonathan. Dr. says that he wants to monitor me closely between now and 30 weeks to make sure the weight of the baby doesn't affect my cerclage.

Hey ladies I am 19 weeks today!

Think I felt little one moving for the first time yesterday as well! 20 wek scan on monday its all becoming quite real!

I started feeling light kicks yesterday. It feels like my stomach has a twitch.

I am viable today yay! :happydance: 24 weeks Kess :D Not long now for you!

Starry I am still getting used the movement and kicks I still find it very strange seeing my belly move so much, my whole belly moves now almost like you can see baby turn, nice that you get kicks in cervix lol My bubs seems to like kicking in my side when I lay on it as if to say what's this?!

Hope everyone else is doing well x

Indeed, not long! Congrats on V-day!

I was wondering if that weird feeling I get was LO kicking my cervix. It feels a little like when s/he prods me in my bladder, but different. Kinda like when :sex: with DH and he goes too deep :blush:... so I figured it might be bubs nudging my cervix from the other side as it feels similar.

27 hours until my scan.

I started feeling light kicks yesterday. It feels like my stomach has a twitch.

That's what mine felt like to start with! I wasn't ever really sure I was feeling the "flutters" and stuff others felt, but I started feeling like ... like when a nerve or something has a twitch, you know? but really localised in my abdomen. Then they got stronger. :cloud9: Now it feels like something prodding me from inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->