PAL SUMMER BABIES (winter down south) 2011 ;) - Being updated again!

Huge congrats hunni, she is gorgeous!
Looks like I'll have to start updating the first page to show dates etc for births!!

I had the midwife out yesterday. I suddenly realised at midday that I'd not felt him move, so I drank some Fanta, which got some tiny flutters from him, but they were still much weaker than usual, so a few hours later (after trying loud music and different positions) I rang Jo. She came almost straight over, checked his heartbeat, my blood pressure and felt him over, and we talked. The position he's in is making me less able to feel him - she was able to tell from the different sound of his heartbeat through different parts of his body where his shoulderblades were! He's head down (still!), and facing my spine, so when he moves his limbs the movements get sort of swallowed up by the fluid so I barely feel them. He's also waaaay down low (his shoulderblade was only a bit above my bladder level!), but she says he may well pop in and out of my pelvis since he's still small and light. He's still a smidge below the lowest percentile for weight according to my fundal height, but edging closer to it each time we measure, and Jo says it's great he's staying small, considering my size (I'm 5'2" and normally around 8 stone). I've also been freaking out at not being able to breathe properly, and apparently the adrenaline could be stopping Dinky moving - their instinct when the mother's body has lots of adrenaline in it is to stay still, so as not to put any extra demands on mother's oxygen in what they assume is an emergency (sabre toothed tiger nearby or whatever!). On the plus side, she says this is often the worst time for freaking out about lung capacity, as my body will adapt soon, and he won't get that much longer, just fatter.

Thank goodness everything is ok Kess, it's hard not to worry, I certainly did. Not long to go now and you get to meet the little guy.....:happydance:

How is everyone else doing today? Who is next to pop? :thumbup:

I am recovering well now, still sore down under due to many stitches, but getting there. Getting slightly more sleep but not much lol :wacko: Just so happy she is here, we just keep looking at her in amazement :cloud9:

Glad everything was ok Kess. Great your midwife came straight over and found everything to be ok. Not long now for you! It will fly by!

Lucy glad your recovering well, it was be amazing seeing her here!

Well today was my c section date. 8am we were down the hospital, but i felt my movements had changed and i could no longer feel a head at the top. 3 people felt my belly and was not sure if baby was still breech or not. So got sent for scan at around 10am, and baby had turned at 39 weeks! They are amazed and so were we! Baby was still breech on sunday, so happened sunday or monday night! So now i am on wait for labour, as no need for c section so sent home

Wow that's great cutelou! Little One left it a bit last minute, hopefully that doesn't become a character trait!

Lucy, no wonder you're looking at her in amazement, she's a stunner.

Yes, everyone keeps saying not long now, and I'm alternating between feeling like it's ages away and feeling eeek how am I going to get everything ready in time! I ordered my ERF carseat the other day, and now it's really starting to feel real.

Kess that's great you got the reassurance you needed, it is so worrying at times isn't it.

Cutelou fab news on lo turning amazing it found the room to turn! I guess your the next to pop out of us :shrug:

Lucy glad your recovering sorry to hear you had many stitches :( so I am sure you are sore, hope that passes soon x Are they stitches that need to be removed? Your little girl makes it all worthwhile!

I had the most uncomfortable evening last night, my groin pain is pretty much constant and rib/back pain was awful :( Got 3 weeks left at work - big countdown now,depending on how these aches go I may finish a few days earlier

Congrats Lucy - she is gorgeous!

Haven't been on for a while as still working and shattered most of the time. Our LO has decided to play silly buggers and has gone transverse after being head down for most of the pregnancy! We have a scan on Fri to see if he / she has turned - fingers crossed. If not we head up to Maternity and discuss the options; which I'm sure will be them trying to turn it or a c-section. Not sure what I'd prefer at the mo!

I have also gone onto iron tablets; was prepared for constipation but have gone totally the other way. Not nice lol!

Hope everyone else is ok - can't believe we are all at the point of being so close to meeting our LOs - scary but sooooo exciting! xxx

Hi guys, only just got back online, internet been out all week!

Anyone popped yet? Waiting to hear news. Orna, I had very loose and frequent BM's just before going into labour :winkwink:.....hope your little one turns, it is so exciting to be so close to meeting your babies, once they arrive your life is changed in such an amazing way. :hugs:

Fox my stitches are dissolving thank goodness, should be nearly gone by now, and the discomfort is a lot better now, I feel like being up and about a lot more.

Baby is sleeping most of the night, but in bed with me, so will need to train her to settle in her own bed soon. OH is back to work tomorrow, so on my own! Poor OH will miss Tilly I think....

Hope everyone is doing ok.....going to go and check the tickers to see who is next to pop :winkwink::happydance:

Cutelou, 40 weeks today! Any news?

Orna getting close, any twinges? :winkwink:

Had midwife today, baby has stayed head down and fully engaged. Booked in fir sweep next Tuesday if im still waiting, and got induction date for week after. Been having bh every 20 mins since Sunday. No waters or show though.

Orna fxed that lo turns back for the scan on Friday. They can turn late as found out! Its scary and exciting isnt it being so close.

Lucy good to hear you are healing well. Hope it all goes well with oh back at work. Glad she is sleeping well for you. Xx

Hi ya,

Lucy - she sounds like an angel! Already in a sleep rountine; keep it up Tilly! Glad to hear you're healing well too.

The scan showed baby is head down and ready to go! Been having very mild period pains since Saturday along with backache, but nothing else. Am still working and trying to keep active and go on mat leave on Friday when half term starts. I regularly hear "still hear then?", "Surprised you made it this far!" I LOVE my job - well the kids I teach (not the paperwork) and have tried to make the transition of me leaving easier for them. My cover started yesterday so I don't actually have to do a huge amount this week and can just play with my class!

Anyone else ready to pop or had any signs?? xx

It's getting close Orna!! Good luck to you!

I can't wait until I get closer.

Well had midwife today and all's good! We're 4/5 so baby has started to engage and to top it all nesting has decided to kick in tonight; but after a day at work I've done as much as I can wiping down sides on my birthing ball and am off to bed shortly.

Anyone else feeling a bit depressed? My eldest dog is having some health issues, which isn't helping as I'm worrying about her, but I feel so over-emotional recently. People keep saying really insensitive stuff and I'm just so tired and I keep thinking about Morgan and feeling so conflicted, as this baby wouldn't be here if I hadn't miscarried Morgan, but at the same time I miss him terribly and urgh some days I just want to yell and scream and then burst into tears and hide under the duvet.

Orna I don't know how you are still able to work, when do you finish? Try and not do too much and rest now, cos when baby comes there won't be any rest for a long time! :wacko::winkwink:

Tilly is not sleeping as well now, sometimes she is asleep midnight, sometimes 2am......very tiring.....and getting very fussy last thing, just wanting to feed constantly. I got mastitis now, painful but on anti biotics......have come close to giving up bf a few times, but still doing it.....:dohh:

Kess i was horribly emotional in the last tri.....when you have lost a baby it makes being pregnant even more emotional. And then the baby blues take you by surprise after the birth......I think it's perfectly normal how you are feeling, but when you meet your baby it will make everything feel worth while. :hugs:

SORRY this is so late but i had a few internet problems the last few days.
So i had my c-section on Saturday and my yellow bump turned pink:baby::cloud9:
She is beautilful, and donig very well. She is 51.1cm long and weighs 8lb 8oz so is the same size as DS2 was when he was born. Everyone is smitten with her.

She is now 3 days old and feeding like a truper.
Ok so my birth story.
We had to get up at 5am to get to the hospital by 6am. Luckily we had the car packed so we just had to get up and get dressed. On arrival at the hospital we got a little lost in all the elevators (cause ther are 3 hospitals all in the one block and interconnected). Anyway we checked in and then had to just wait. At 6:30 i was give some medicine to settle my stomach acid for the op, they also checked my obs and made sure i changed into a gown.

At 7:30 the anethisit came in and informed us that there would be a bit of a wait as Dr Olive had been caught up with another patient. So at 9am we were wheeled to the theatre. So we went into the operating room and DH was allowed to stay with me the whole time which helped me to relax. The Anethisisit was great, she talked me through everything and managed to get the spinal in straight away and it didn't hurt. OGM i was so relieved, especially after one of the nurses said we would be having a different anethisist, which sent me into a panic attack.
When she was pulled out they doctors let DH be one of the first ones to see what she was and he told me. It was beautiful. At 9:26 our little girl came into the world. We have since named her Amelia mary. She is very beautifull and every inch like her brothers and sister. DH got to cut the cord, the first time ever, and even though he said he didn't want to before had he was very excited about it afterwards.

I unfortunatly have a heamotoma on my left side and quite a lot of brusing, but thas because i bruse easily and i bleed more that normal.
So to aid my recovery they put in a drain into the wound, which has helped with limiting the brusing. i'm still in hospital but an managing well (usual stay is about 5 day after a c-section). I had one of the best midwives yesturday which was great cause i had a bit of an emotional day. Unfortunately i'm still waiting for my milk but we are managing through it.

I am walking around and doing well for 3 days post c-section. i do have a sore left hand side. Its quite tender to touch and by 8pm usually causes me a lot of pain, but thats because of the heamatoma on that side. I have pain killers that i am able to take while breast feeding so althoug its sore its not to bad. I gotta go cause Amelia is ready for feeding. :cloud9::baby::cloud9:

Congrats aussie! Can't wait to see pics, hope you recover quickly, and enjoy your new arrival :happydance::happydance::hugs:

here's a picture of my princess

Attachments

• IMG_1814.jpg
    IMG_1814.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 3
Congrats Aussie!!! She is gorgeous!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads