PAL SUMMER BABIES (winter down south) 2011 ;) - Being updated again!

Happy Due Date, Orna!!

I hope the baby comes soon and you have a safe and smooth delivery!

I heard someone mention Castor Oil to induce labor once, I don't know if it helps or not.

Castor oil apparently makes baby poo in the womb as it's a laxative isn't it? I know there were a few heated threads on here about it a few weeks back.

Eww, definitely won't be doing that!! I had no idea, I just heard it from a friend who swore it worked for her. But I had no idea it was a laxative! :nope: I have IBS and don't want to have to poo anymore than I already do (gives me fissures). TMI, I know. sorry.

Happy Due Date, Orna!!

I hope the baby comes soon and you have a safe and smooth delivery!

I heard someone mention Castor Oil to induce labor once, I don't know if it helps or not.

Castor oil apparently makes baby poo in the womb as it's a laxative isn't it? I know there were a few heated threads on here about it a few weeks back.

Eww, definitely won't be doing that!! I had no idea, I just heard it from a friend who swore it worked for her. But I had no idea it was a laxative! :nope: I have IBS and don't want to have to poo anymore than I already do. TMI, I know. sorry.

Don't worry hun, nothing is TMI on the pregnancy boards :hugs:

Our midwife told us that castor oil works as a laxative on us - the same idea behind eating a hot curry. You have something that makes you need to "push" lol and as well as having a poo it brings on labour! So glamorous! lol.

Is it sad that I want curry now?! I'm craving butter chicken!

I'm still here and throughly fed up! :nope:

Just got back from midwife and she wouldn't do the sweep as they're not suppose to do them until 41 weeks! :brat:
So won't get one until Tuesday when I see the consultant to discuss induction. Wouldn't mind but the consultant offered me one at 40 weeks and the anti natel classes midwife told me it would be fine too.

Everyone keeps telling me to be active but I'm shattered as sleeping really badly now and my back hurts just walking around the flat let alone out in the big bad world!

Soooo fed up! Sorry to moan and be miserable. xxx

Oh hunni, hope it all happens soon for you. I'm not even due yet and getting fed up! LOL!

Hey ladies - haven;t posted on here in ages. Hope you are all well. I am feeling impatient although not technically overdue yet. This last part is tough. I know I should be enjoying being able to sleep and have time to myself but just want baby to come now.

Hi all,

Well I'm still here! Had consultant this morning and he attempted a sweep. My cervix was too high though so I am booked in for induction on Friday unless my body and baby decide to play ball and come before.

We have decided not to tell anyone we're being induced so that we can focus on the baby rather than a million texts, phone calls, emails, facebook comments from everyone wanting to know if the baby has arrived - we will tell you, you don't need to hassle us for this! lol

It's not what I wanted but at least I know what's happening now and the end is in sight.

I hope everyone is doing ok. x

Oh good luck Orna really hope things get going before Friday for you! :flower:

Good luck to you Patience also, hopefully anytime now!

I went to mw today who informed me I have an induction booked for 7/7 so I will just go over 10 days, hopefully I won't need it as I don't want to have one but maybe I'll be ready by then!

Foxie and Orna, really hope the inductions are not necessary and babies decide to come along naturally! I was lucky with my LO, going 2 weeks over would not be funny...my sister went 17 days late with her first! :wacko:

Well Tilly is sleeping slightly better, but still randomly, although she does manage to sleep for a good block of 4 hours every night, and then another two lots of 2 hours if I am lucky....:flower:

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Here is a pic of Tilly can't believe she is nearly 5 weeks!

photo.jpg

Aw she is beautiful Lucy, I'm sure you are tired out at times, are you getting on feeding her ok? Her hair is so dark :cloud9:

Yes seems my hospital don't let you go over 12 days, I will be 9 days over due when they have booked me in. That reminds me I need to have raspberry leaf tea, I need to up the intake of that still only having 1 cup a day!

I had my sweep today and have to admit it was quite uncomfortable. The MW kept telling em to relax but it's pretty hard with her hand stuck up there!
I have been losing mucus plug since then and feeling achey like period pains but nothing major. If nothing happens by next week I;l have another sweep at 40+8 and induction booked for 40+10.

Foxforce you've just reminded me about the RL tea. I'm also being slack with it but it's time to pull out all the stops now: Curries, pineapple, DTD...

Hi Foxie, yes feeding finally seems ok, took awhile but we got there. Getting weighed today, and Tilly has stopped being sick massively everyday since using infacol for wind, so hoping for good weight gain today! :happydance:

What does raspberry tea do?:flower:

Patience I started achy like period pains on the Sunday, and properly went into labour Tuesday so fingers crossed this is the beginning for you! :happydance:

Hope all goes well and as quick as poss for you girls due now...Foxie 2 weeks to go!!! :happydance::hugs:

Raspberry leaf tea is supposed to help the uterus muscles contract (I think). It has to be the leaf of the fruit though not the actual fruit.

Lucy - I have heard that Infracol works wonders and bought some from Boots yesterday. Btw your little one is gorgeous.

My aches have disappeared - booo. Oh well - I'm feeling philosophical today - what will be will be.

Lucy - she just gets more beautiful with every pic!

Well I'm off to the hospital tomorrow to be induced. It's not what we'd planned but obviously this baby has their own way of doing things and it doesn't agree with us.

I shall hopefully be back soon with a lovely birth story and some pics of our new little one. Take care ladies and speak soon.

Good luck, Orna! I hope you have a safe and speedy delivery!

Hope all goes well Orna, can't wait to see pics and hear about it! :hugs:

Good luck Orna ....oh wow exciting, hope it all goes well, can't wait to see pics and hear your story, take care xx

Patience and Orna? Anything yet? Hope everything is ok. :hugs:

Foxie, any twinges yet? :kiss:

Yes should be hearing something, on me I'm getting odd twinges but nothing to get excited over :( trying clary sage oil out to try and get things going, dh is off work now until end of July so sooner the better really. Bump is still high and baby isn't engaged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->