Parents who had 1 of each and then some more

C

Cloudy7

More of a fun post than anything else but.

As the title says who had one of each and then went on to more?

How many times were you asked why your bothering? You know the whole you have one of each what else are you expecting sort of remarks. I just know theyre all going to come when we start ttc.

So what comments have you received from people?

Idk , I've one of each and contemplating trying again soon . I've had the reaction you speak of..... From oh !!!!! Lol.....

Not quite the same but we have 2 boys, the youngest being 11 months and we are always being asked if/ when we are going to try for a girl. And when we found out at 20 weeks we were having a second boy I was actually asked if I was disappointed!!

Had a boy and a girl then another girl. I was never asked why was i bothering since i had both genders but had lots of... do you know what causes that, use are busy, ul have your hands full etc etc etc the only one i find annoying is 'was it an accident' just find that so rude!

I have two boys and a girl and I'm here to say that it was equally hard to take when people frequently alluded to us trying for a girl bc we had two boys.

I had a girl then a boy and just had another boy. Third time round, pretty much everybody who I told I was pregnant asked if it was planned or said I assume it wasn't planned! Obviously incredibly rude but why do so many people find it hard to believe that I might have actually wanted a third?!

I had a boy, then a girl. Everyone kept saying after we found out DD was a girl that "good, now you are done!" Like it is some challenge to be completed to get one of each. No one has said anything about this pregnancy, but the reception has been lukewarm at best.

We have a girl and a boy and I experienced similar comments as previous posters. Oh so now you're done! My goal was never to have one of each, I enjoy the kids regardless of their gender. I really want a 3rd and dh says "but why? We have the perfect family, one of each!" Drives me crazy

We have one of each but will probably try for a third though haven't told anyone. We got so many 'oh gentleman's family you must be all done now' comments and oh even got asked when he was getting the snip by a few work colleagues. People will have an opinion no matter what you do.

I definitely received a fair amount of, "Why? You have a perfect family." but it surprisingly was less than I anticipated.

I am not in that boat, but I do want to share that the other side of the fence is just as annoying. We have three girls. During my pregnancy I constantly got told that people were hoping my third was a boy (we were actually hoping for another girl). Now that our third daughter is here, we get comments about when we plan on having a boy. We are likely done, but if I ever got pregnant again, I'm sure that's all I would hear. Having one of each is SO important to some people, it seems. I do think it's considered the "perfect" arrangement, and that the general expectation is that if you've achieved it in your first two pregnancies, then you can (should) stop having children. It's pretty irritating. :-/

I don't recall any annoying comments. My midwife asked me what I was hoping for, and someone said to me it doesn't matter what I get because I already have one of each. That was it! I was hoping fervently for another girl so I was pleased.

I have three boys and constantly asked when we are trying for a girl
We're not I'm done people were so rude when we found out number three were a boy saying things like ahh that's a shame etc x

We are having boy number 2 and I 'think' we will end up having 3 children in total. I've already had comments this time about it being a shame that we didn't get one of each and I just know for sure if we try again people will assume we are trying for a daughter. Not the case at all! It's so annoying really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->