Party and people not turning up

My daughters got her party this coming Saturday iv had just over half rsvp from her class and she's many other friends and family coming I'm expecting around 25 kids. I'm nervous as I know people can just forget and not show. I'll keep you all posted. I know even or nobody from her class comes she's enough people from outwith school. I know a couple of the mums so I know definitely got 4 from school coming x

The whole party thing is a nightmare. DS hasn't mentioned wanting a party so I was thinking - why bother. DH decided to ask him last night of course he said Yes. Looking like I need to organise something....

It happened to one of my sons one year. No one turned up at all, no phone calls., no family. I had a big spread on and was heart broken. I started giving the cake out to neighbours as I had so much. I think its really rude. If you cant go and you are friends with parents, even family let them know. And dont say you are doing then not turn up. I remember being at parties as a child that was rather big, in restaurants. Every one was at them. I dont invite class as I dont know any of their parents and cant fit them all in, parents have to come with their kids they dont drop them off any more.

omg this is awful! noone?! :growlmad:

we now had 10 replies (8 yes, 1 unsure, 1 no)
we'll see. I didn't expect this to be so stressing!

My daughters got her party this coming Saturday iv had just over half rsvp from her class and she's many other friends and family coming I'm expecting around 25 kids. I'm nervous as I know people can just forget and not show. I'll keep you all posted. I know even or nobody from her class comes she's enough people from outwith school. I know a couple of the mums so I know definitely got 4 from school coming x

Have you kept the phone numbers of people that RSVP'd? My daughter went to a party last weekend and the mum sent a text a couple of days beforehand saying how much ... was looking forward to seeing everyone and reminding everyone of the date / time / address. I thought that that was a really good idea and definitely something I will do in future x

Have you kept the phone numbers of people that RSVP'd? My daughter went to a party last weekend and the mum sent a text a couple of days beforehand saying how much ... was looking forward to seeing everyone and reminding everyone of the date / time / address. I thought that that was a really good idea and definitely something I will do in future x

That's a good idea yes some answered on Facebook some text so I can definitely do that x

Dragonfly that is truly awful that nobody turned up. Your kid must have been heartbroken. It is the stuff of nightmares.

This is a good idea :)

My sons 4th birthday party is on the 30th, we have hired the parish hall and a bouncy castle. There are only 10 children in his nursery clas including him and we have invited all them, I gave them to the teacher to give to the children to go home, I requested they RSVP by the 20th. I am still waiting to hear off 4.
We have other friends and family coming anyway but a party we went to the other week had bought happy meals for everyone and the mum had txt people asking what their child wanted, imagine if we did that, and some people turned up without replying and their child didnt get food (we are doing party food anyway so will be plenty but that isnt the point). One mum has even replied to another party invite that was sent after ours!
Alex's best friends are coming from his class anyway. But it isnt nice not having replies come in

That's a good idea - I'll do that!

Saw one of the mum's today and she told me her son is very excited to be invited to his "girlfriend's" party so I guess that's one confirmation then and :rofl: at him calling Maria his girlfriend!

Oh no Dragonfly that's absolutely heartbreaking :( I hope your little boy wasn't too upset. I can't believe some of these stories.

We've handed out our invitations today and so far have had two replies...here's hoping!

I think I just realised why I haven't received any replies - I wrote on the bottom of the invitations "please contact me if your child has food allergies" so its quite possible they misunderstood that I only need contact for that reason and not to RSVP

I'm still waiting for 4 replies from school but still waiting on some from family. I have messaged one family member asking if they received them (hoping my mum posted them through the correct door ahaha). But school wise, my son goes to nursery in the afternoon at 12.40 so I see the parents every single day and not one of the 4 I am waiting to hear from have mentioned anything. And they all know who Alex is, he is the loudest one and makes it known he is Alex lol so no excuse really. They had the invites since going back after Christmas.

Had to pick Maria up early from daycare today because she had a fever and her friends all told me that they're coming so I'm gonna take that as confirmations *fingers crossed*

Thats so sad how no kids or only a few turned up! My ds went to a party a couple weeks ago i rsvp'd the day after receiving the invite letting them know we would come.

This is the main reason i will never do a party for ds not until he is older anyway. He is very quiet in class and doesnt talk to anyone and tbh im quite shy so have only made 1 mum friend at the school so i can imagine no1 turning up.

Just thought do you reply to the rsvps? X

It happened to one of my sons one year. No one turned up at all, no phone calls., no family. I had a big spread on and was heart broken. I started giving the cake out to neighbours as I had so much. I think its really rude. If you cant go and you are friends with parents, even family let them know. And dont say you are doing then not turn up. I remember being at parties as a child that was rather big, in restaurants. Every one was at them. I dont invite class as I dont know any of their parents and cant fit them all in, parents have to come with their kids they dont drop them off any more.

I know it was because I was breastfeeding because 2 months before that was his bros birthday and every one came. And my mother was apologising to every one because I was breastfeeding a few week old baby in the cornor of my livingroom covered. This was years ago and I still havnt seen any of my relations since. I grabbed some adults neighbours in to help eat the cake in the end. Boys have friends now as they in school so should not happen again. I just dont invite family anyway as there are kids attending and I cant fit them all in, and well they wont turn up anyway.

I know it was because I was breastfeeding because 2 months before that was his bros birthday and every one came. And my mother was apologising to every one because I was breastfeeding a few week old baby in the cornor of my livingroom covered. This was years ago and I still havnt seen any of my relations since. I grabbed some adults neighbours in to help eat the cake in the end. Boys have friends now as they in school so should not happen again. I just dont invite family anyway as there are kids attending and I cant fit them all in, and well they wont turn up anyway.

Am I reading this right? Are you saying they didn't turn up because you were breastfeeding?!?:grr: I agree you are better off without them :hugs:

The mind boggles at people being offended by a mum bfing a baby. What do they think boobs are for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->