Party and people not turning up

It happened to one of my sons one year. No one turned up at all, no phone calls., no family. I had a big spread on and was heart broken. I started giving the cake out to neighbours as I had so much. I think its really rude. If you cant go and you are friends with parents, even family let them know. And dont say you are doing then not turn up. I remember being at parties as a child that was rather big, in restaurants. Every one was at them. I dont invite class as I dont know any of their parents and cant fit them all in, parents have to come with their kids they dont drop them off any more.

omg this is awful! noone?! :growlmad:

we now had 10 replies (8 yes, 1 unsure, 1 no)
we'll see. I didn't expect this to be so stressing!

I know it was because I was breastfeeding because 2 months before that was his bros birthday and every one came. And my mother was apologising to every one because I was breastfeeding a few week old baby in the cornor of my livingroom covered. This was years ago and I still havnt seen any of my relations since. I grabbed some adults neighbours in to help eat the cake in the end. Boys have friends now as they in school so should not happen again. I just dont invite family anyway as there are kids attending and I cant fit them all in, and well they wont turn up anyway.

Am I reading this right? Are you saying they didn't turn up because you were breastfeeding?!?:grr: I agree you are better off without them :hugs:
I wondered why it took my partners sister 15 months to meet our second son, he called her one day and she talks so loud I heard her say this "is she still breastfeeding"? I couldnt believe it, she didnt want her kids to see it or see it either and I cover. My aunt hear had a hernia when I was feeding my third son and her son walked over to see, he did not realize I was feeding and she grabbed him and made me jump. Never seen her again after that. They are really weird my family and breastfeeding. :nope: my mum used my granddad as an excuse to shame me when breastfeeding yet my granddad is the one who never said a word about it. None of them breastfeed and I was told I look down on them. :shrug: So its been lonely. Weird people. Sorry for ranting. I still have to tell them I am expecting again and I really cant be bothered. :growlmad:

That's so unbelievably crazy, like how removed from reality can you be?? Especially if you have kids! I'm sooo sorry Dragonfly, can't even imagine what that's like to deal with.

It's the most natural thing an they make it sound like its so dirty. So sorry you have had to endure that!

We've got a party next week. Only sent 10 invites because I can't afford more but have had to send out 5 more because I've not had many RSVPs. If anyone turns up without RSVPing they will get turned away from the soft play centre though as I can't afford to pay for more partygoers than I budgeted for.

So far we have had 5 yes replies and 1 no!

Do people usually RSVP quite quick or more so nearly the RSVP date? X

It happened to one of my sons one year. No one turned up at all, no phone calls., no family. I had a big spread on and was heart broken. I started giving the cake out to neighbours as I had so much. I think its really rude. If you cant go and you are friends with parents, even family let them know. And dont say you are doing then not turn up. I remember being at parties as a child that was rather big, in restaurants. Every one was at them. I dont invite class as I dont know any of their parents and cant fit them all in, parents have to come with their kids they dont drop them off any more.

omg this is awful! noone?! :growlmad:

we now had 10 replies (8 yes, 1 unsure, 1 no)
we'll see. I didn't expect this to be so stressing!

I know it was because I was breastfeeding because 2 months before that was his bros birthday and every one came. And my mother was apologising to every one because I was breastfeeding a few week old baby in the cornor of my livingroom covered. This was years ago and I still havnt seen any of my relations since. I grabbed some adults neighbours in to help eat the cake in the end. Boys have friends now as they in school so should not happen again. I just dont invite family anyway as there are kids attending and I cant fit them all in, and well they wont turn up anyway.

Am I reading this right? Are you saying they didn't turn up because you were breastfeeding?!?:grr: I agree you are better off without them :hugs:
I wondered why it took my partners sister 15 months to meet our second son, he called her one day and she talks so loud I heard her say this "is she still breastfeeding"? I couldnt believe it, she didnt want her kids to see it or see it either and I cover. My aunt hear had a hernia when I was feeding my third son and her son walked over to see, he did not realize I was feeding and she grabbed him and made me jump. Never seen her again after that. They are really weird my family and breastfeeding. :nope: my mum used my granddad as an excuse to shame me when breastfeeding yet my granddad is the one who never said a word about it. None of them breastfeed and I was told I look down on them. :shrug: So its been lonely. Weird people. Sorry for ranting. I still have to tell them I am expecting again and I really cant be bothered. :growlmad:

i'm speechless :nope:

:hugs:

off topic - are you the 'dragonfly' that used to have a picture of your ?2 boys as an avatar or in the signature?

Do people usually RSVP quite quick or more so nearly the RSVP date? X

most of our replies were quite quick (within less than a week), but had one reply (a no) the day before the party.

so, to update (not that anyone has asked me :winkwink:)
the party was today and it was a real success all the ones who replied, turned up :thumbup: 10 children. DS was over the moon and had a brilliant time. It was so nice, I didn't want the party to finish lol

Dragonfly that is just awful. I thought my mum was bad everything and anything was blamed on bfing, colic which turned out to be overtiredness', lack of sleeping through the night, wanting fed every 2 hrs and even the ridicules dry skin!!!

My mil kept giving the same 40yo out of date, maybe he isn't getting enough use top ups. She thought she was an expert on BFing but never made it beyond a few weeks with any of her kids.

It was a lady SummerRain on here who held my hand thought those early days. My sister also defended my decision based on our generation 70's babies having more allergies than the previous generations.

My mum is now a convert, DS eats everything and anything.
Mil I give up not surprisingly her daughter never made a month.

When Ds was invited to his first every party and said he wanted to go I RSVP'd with a yes. A week later party day came and he had changed his mind, I explained to him that he was going because he was expected and people had paid for him to be there. Since then whenever he is invited anywhere he is reminded that he has to go if he says yes and I always make a point of replying while he is there.

So my dd party was I booked for 30 and 30 came! ! It was crazy kids loved it but next year it will be a family gathering x

Still only three replies out of thirty! I'm getting nervous now :( will send in reminders after the 1st but I genuinely won't know what to do if we don't hear anything back - catering is pay per head and then there's the headache of party bags... Ahh why can't people just reply!!

Still only three replies out of thirty! I'm getting nervous now :( will send in reminders after the 1st but I genuinely won't know what to do if we don't hear anything back - catering is pay per head and then there's the headache of party bags... Ahh why can't people just reply!!

Some of mine just never answered even after I personally handed the invite to the parent. Some who never answered just appeared and some who said yes never turned up and never bothered to let me know . It's so frustrating I always rsvp and feel it from the other side too. Sometimes the kids do lose the invites that's true but mostly they reach the parents. It seems quite common people who don't answer just turn up though . Which Is just not ideal either. I couldn't bring myself to send reminders but if you see the parents in the playground you could just ask if they got the invite ok ... someone else said about sending out a text to remind the date time etc but I guess you would need the number first x

Some of mine just never answered even after I personally handed the invite to the parent. Some who never answered just appeared and some who said yes never turned up and never bothered to let me know . It's so frustrating I always rsvp and feel it from the other side too. Sometimes the kids do lose the invites that's true but mostly they reach the parents. It seems quite common people who don't answer just turn up though . Which Is just not ideal either. I couldn't bring myself to send reminders but if you see the parents in the playground you could just ask if they got the invite ok ... someone else said about sending out a text to remind the date time etc but I guess you would need the number first x

The problem is that the area where the kids are dropped off/picked up is shared with another class, so I'm not really sure which parents are those of kids in Joel's class. I don't really know any of the parents at all...so no numbers either - I'm worried that's why they haven't replied. His teacher has told me the names of the kids that he plays with the most (and they're the same names he always mentions), and NONE of them have replied. X

The problem is that the area where the kids are dropped off/picked up is shared with another class, so I'm not really sure which parents are those of kids in Joel's class. I don't really know any of the parents at all...so no numbers either - I'm worried that's why they haven't replied. His teacher has told me the names of the kids that he plays with the most (and they're the same names he always mentions), and NONE of them have replied. X

I really hope you get a good turn out Hun. GL

Seems like a little reminder might be best just to say your paying per head or something to if anyone can't make it please let you know that will hopefully prompt answers. A few of mine replied the week leading up to her party x

So today is deadline day and we've had eight replies altogether which isn't too bad :) I've sent the reminders in today so hopefully we'll get a few more. I've said that I need a text by the seventh latest so
that their child will have food and a party bag ready. Hopefully that comes across as no text = not coming.

Sounds clear to me bumpy

Maria's party is on Sunday but half the kids in daycare are off sick, I hope her friends get better in time!

So today is deadline day and we've had eight replies altogether which isn't too bad :) I've sent the reminders in today so hopefully we'll get a few more. I've said that I need a text by the seventh latest so
that their child will have food and a party bag ready. Hopefully that comes across as no text = not coming.

My dd was at a party of 10 this weekend and it was such a good little party the kids had a ball

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->