...Pay it Forward...

H

HB

Firstly...... Has anyone actually watched that film and not blubbed their f*cking eyes out??

Secondly..... Do you like the concept of the film??
(for those that haven't seen.... do a good deed for 3 people ~ has to be lifechanging in the film ~ they then do for 3 people, who then do for 3 people etc etc etc)

Thirdly..... In your day to day life do you try to "pay it forward" I don't even mean in the lifechanging way that is put across in the film... Even the little things? (like once a woman got on the bus and realised she didn't have enough for the whole bus fare for her and the kids, i got up and paid it, smiled and sat back down - good deed done)

Fourthly.... Do you think that we (those who would like to) should try doing a good deed a day?

Finally..... do you realise that in a "sliding doors" kind of way, if you did a little good deed everyday, that deed that seemed so small to you at the time you did it, could actually change the course of that persons life from the route they were about to go down??

Anyways.... thats enough philosophicalness from me for 3.20am!

Replies appreciated!! lol!! :roll:

When I see the film, I will let ya know :wink:

Sounds a bit naff to me!!!

Can't say I'll be rushing out anytime soon to get it!!

I don't think that doing good for others gets you anywhere.

Life is life, and no matter how you are to others you get whats coming.

Some people have a great and simple life, others a life of plenty but are miserable as sin.

Your cards are dealt at birth and that's that you play them as best you can and
whatever will be will be!!!

PAUL ARE YOU HAVING A HORMONAL DAY

Its not about ourselves though, its about helping others.

recnetly i helped a blind man find his bus and i felt better knowing that he was safely on the right bus rather than having some idiot put him on the wrong one and get him lost.

Don't get me wrong, I'll help anyone if I can but never to the detriement of my family.

We have helped people out in the past and it's cost us!!!

You can be the nicest person in the world and still have life deal you a bad hand.

Be yourself and like yourself !!!!

I am with Tams OH on this I always get shat all over from people and all I do is help and be nice

Arcanegirl said:
Its not about ourselves though, its about helping others.

recnetly i helped a blind man find his bus and i felt better knowing that he was safely on the right bus rather than having some idiot put him on the wrong one and get him lost.

Its the little things like that i meant.
Or talking to someone who looks lonely kind of thing....

Even as small as initiating a smile makes someone feel valued and noticed.
I don't even mean anything major that would result in being hurt or shit on!

xox

I know what you mean and i am always nice,and do help people lots...... :lol:

I saw the movie, Cried like a baby. Then I made DH watch it. He got into it. Then was mad at me because of the ending. His way of crying. :shock:

I think that it is a great idea, but most people I have ever tried to be nice to has ended up being rude in return for butting into their life. So it gets to the point why bother if all you are going to get is a slap in the face. I guess just keep trying to do the right thing make you a better person and hopefully at some point that person will return the kindness to someone else. :wink:

:lol:

Glad that you know what i mean Suz!
I might sit and watch it again later! lol!!

xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"