Pay to pee?

In Scarborough they have - or used to have - "superloos" which you paid 20p to get in. They were the nicest public toilets - fresh flowers near the sinks, very clean loo's, nice handsoap and attendants constantly cleaning. Well worth the money!

In the places you have to pay to use, you're normally paying for a better standard of hygiene, and you'll normally find that there's an assistant or cleaner there at all times, opposed to once every few hours. Many of the toilets in cities are disgusting, so TBH I have no problem with paying to use toilets.

Also I don't know what it's like in the US/Canada, but in Europe you can't just walk into a restaurant and use their toilets, as they're not considered "public". You can only use them if you're a paying customer, so if you're not eating/drinking somewhere, you only have a limited amount of public toilets (on the street) that you're allowed to use.

In mainland Europe you find you have to pay in many more places; finding a toilet you don't have to pay to use is pretty incredible :lol:

Most places are free here in Liverpool, however there are one or two places where you do have to pay 20p. Although I went to one place and didnt have any change on me (as it used to be free and then they started charging, which I didnt know) and the woman let me in free because I was pregnant, which I thought was really kind of her as I was very desperate! xxx
It's law in the UK that a pregnant woman can pee wherever she likes; you could have peed on the street and it been legal :thumbup:

Also I think a policeman has to let you pee in his hat if you need to go. Useful tip for the next time you see a bobby on the beat...

In Victoria Station you can actually pull the turnstile back the wrong way and there is enough room for you to squeeze thru without paying.

Honestly I can say I do this with most 'pay2pee' toilets.

Altho I am from Croydon so you wouldn't expect less really :rofl:

I once had to pay £1 to pee in a harrods toilet when I was a kid, you would think they make enough money they would let you pee for free :)

What I do find annoying is when your busting for the toilet ( I suffer badly with IBS and with the pina bifida I dont have much muscle control) and then you find out you have to pay but have no change on you or you have to jump about with yout legs crossed digging around in your handbag for change.

The other week in France I was so desperate I ran to the loo and had to pay 50cents and the woman was so slow taking the money and letting me in I was trying to remember the french for hurry up :)
I cam out grumbling "for 50cents id at least expect some loo roll in there" :)

I remember having to pay in London and France but don't have to were I live.

Most places are free here in Liverpool, however there are one or two places where you do have to pay 20p. Although I went to one place and didnt have any change on me (as it used to be free and then they started charging, which I didnt know) and the woman let me in free because I was pregnant, which I thought was really kind of her as I was very desperate! xxx
It's law in the UK that a pregnant woman can pee wherever she likes; you could have peed on the street and it been legal :thumbup:

Also I think a policeman has to let you pee in his hat if you need to go. Useful tip for the next time you see a bobby on the beat...

Its only a myth :)

quite a few around me now are 20p to go in, i only needed to was my sons hands but still had to pay because the toilet attendant wouldnt let me use the disabled for two seconds :dohh:

There's a few round here but I think all the shopping centres/malls have free toilets. I try to avoid paying to pee if I have to. I think it's ridiculous having to pay to go to the toilet, it's a basic human need and life is expensive as it is call me tight but:shrug:

There's a few round here but I think all the shopping centres/malls have free toilets. I try to avoid paying to pee if I have to. I think it's ridiculous having to pay to go to the toilet, it's a basic human need and life is expensive as it is call me tight but:shrug:

i agree! they'll be charging us for air soon. ;)

This really pisses me off! It's illegal to urinate in a street so in certain areas you are basically forced to pay to use the toilet. It is wrong!

You can legally urinate anywhere without being given a public urination charge, if you are pregnant or a girl under 6! How odd..

I think it's a good idea at, say, train stations because I know for one that our train station here in Wellington New Zealand is horribly dirty, all sorts of people go in there and do god knows what and it's always looking (and smelling) like a tip despite the cleaners going in every couple of hours :shrug: The other day after work I found an empty wine bottle next to the loo...classy :wacko:

If it was just a random public toilet I probably wouldn't pay to go, I'd find another toilet that was free. But I guess there's a lot of money that goes in to maintenance so I can see why they might charge. I'm good at holding on though :smug:

Some places in Ireland you have to pay but it's pretty unusual. Actually the only place I can think of is in a shopping centre near me but if you've bought food in the restaurant there you show your receipt and don't have to pay then. Used to have to pay at the train station but it's free now.

Most places are free but I do think that it tends to be train or bus stations that you have to pay.

I went to one in London that was like a box on a street....it actually gives you a time limit and the door opened :shock: It was a good job it was quiet! (I may have inadvertly pressed something though :blush:)

Last time I had to pay to pee was at the beach a couple of years ago... and it was gross inside :sick:

Most places are free but I do think that it tends to be train or bus stations that you have to pay.

I went to one in London that was like a box on a street....it actually gives you a time limit and the door opened :shock: It was a good job it was quiet! (I may have inadvertly pressed something though :blush:)

Yeah we have those here! No idea how much they are though as I will do a McWee pinstead :rofl:

The toilets in Waverley station in Edinburgh are 30p but they let you in free if you have a small child with you :thumbup: Alternatively if you have no small children with you, there's the neighbouring pub which has free bogs :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->