• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PCOS and TTC #1

Hope, your breakfast smoothie sounds delish. I used to love eating Mac n cheese with broccoli mixed in. /drool
Ugh sucks about the waiting list and crabby doctors. I think most of us have experienced that. Tells you something isn't right about the health system.

How did everyone's workout go? Mine was great! I was seriously so tired beforehand, thinking I'd fall asleep at any moment, sitting there watching tv. I got up, changed into warm workout gear, popped headphones in and started my favorite track. I felt a lot more rejuvenated already. I started stretching, and Zane, my puppy got excited cause he knew what that meant. It was cold out (35 f), but I pushed through it and eventually warmed up enough that it didn't bother me again til I was doing the cool down walk.
After my run I did some pushups and squats. My legs are probably going to be a little sore tomorrow. My chest muscles next to my armpits are sore! Tomorrow I'll take a long brisk walk, then Thursday I'll run again.

I always feel so good after working out! I'm taking a hot salt bath right now. Love it! <3

I'm so bad I really need to exercise I just don't do it. I walk about 3 miles a day but nothing else, what gets you guys motivated?

We had a birthday celebration today so I had a 1-1/2 small donuts which wasn't a great choice. Later I had some fruit and cheese as a snack. For lunch I had leftover eggplant parm - sauteed and then baked, not fried - so that was okay. For dinner I'm planning to have a big salad! I've been drinking a lot of water too and didn't drink any tea today to try to get even more plain water in.

I'm not going to feel bad about the donuts but I think that I can definitely do better on my vegetable intake so something to focus on for tomorrow! :)

ETA for Exercise notes: I won't be getting home early enough to go on a walk today but I have plans to walk a couple miles with a friend tomorrow after work and I'm planning to go Thurs evening and Saturday and Sunday mornings. It was easier to work out when I wasn't working full time but I'm getting better at finding ways to fit it in.

I'm so bad I really need to exercise I just don't do it. I walk about 3 miles a day but nothing else, what gets you guys motivated?

I have no idea haha. I guess I just have to tell myself to get it over with. Once I do it and I get in the habit, it becomes easier. But walking 3 miles a day is more than I get! Don't you consider that exercise?

I would consider the 3 miles a day exercise, but throw some higher intensity workouts in once and a while.

That's a good plan babysquash :)

Dinner tonight is my personal quinoa salad which is awesome! Plus fruit and almond milk.

Attachments

• received_10204178990171943.jpg
    received_10204178990171943.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1
Yeah it's expercise but I don't consider it enough as depending on how I feel I won't walk it very fast, I will do a quick walk in the morning but not in the way home, I think I need something more intensive :)

I'm not great at exercising either... I do some biking but mostly training hoola hoop, it's fun xD

:bodyb:Sounds fun!

Danna you're 10 dpo! Do you really want to wait til Friday to test?

I would consider the 3 miles a day exercise, but throw some higher intensity workouts in once and a while.

That's a good plan babysquash :)

Dinner tonight is my personal quinoa salad which is awesome! Plus fruit and almond milk.

That looks DELISH!!!!!!

Hi, guys.

This is my first month using OPKS on femara.

I am stumped.

On 4/3 I tested postive on OPK.
On 4/4, negative.

We did not DTD between 4/3-4/7

Then today, 4/7, tested positive again. (????)

WHY?

Also, last Thursday was CD 14 and I had a 16.5 mm follie.

Could it be possible I have not yet ovulated?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 2
Blue, I tested yesterday and this morning. But since I used a trigger shot, I don't trust the results. Friday I'll be sure of whatever the result is :)

Ahhh gotcha Danna! :thumbup:

Hopefulpcos, when I was using opks it would stay positive for many days (and a few days to a week after ovulation) and i tested several times a day, some would be negative, then a few hours later positive. It had to do with how watered down my urine was and the time of day. That's just me. The following month once I got a positive opk I stopped using them. That's what you're supposed to do. The first positive is the one that counts. You dtd that day plus a couple more days, skip one day then dtd the following day. That's assuming you ovulate normally. Maybe your body geared up to ovulate but then didn't - I doubt it though since you had a nice ripe follie waiting to ovulate within a couple days.

Do you track bbt, or cm? If so then pay attention to those signs, ignore the opk, dtd as much as you can while you're still possibly fertile. Look for ewcm. If your temp has spiked chances are you've already ovulated.

Since you know you had a 16.5 mms follie I assume you're receiving fertility care. You might want to call your doctor and speak with the doc or their nurse and get their opinion since they know you and have your chart.

Good luck fx!

Ahhh gotcha Danna! :thumbup:

Hopefulpcos, when I was using opks it would stay positive for many days (and a few days to a week after ovulation) and i tested several times a day, some would be negative, then a few hours later positive. It had to do with how watered down my urine was and the time of day. That's just me. The following month once I got a positive opk I stopped using them. That's what you're supposed to do. The first positive is the one that counts. You dtd that day plus a couple more days, skip one day then dtd the following day. That's assuming you ovulate normally. Maybe your body geared up to ovulate but then didn't - I doubt it though since you had a nice ripe follie waiting to ovulate within a couple days.

Do you track bbt, or cm? If so then pay attention to those signs, ignore the opk, dtd as much as you can while you're still possibly fertile. Look for ewcm. If your temp has spiked chances are you've already ovulated.

Since you know you had a 16.5 mms follie I assume you're receiving fertility care. You might want to call your doctor and speak with the doc or their nurse and get their opinion since they know you and have your chart.

Good luck fx!

Thank you so much!
I have an appointment at endocrinologist tomorrow so I will ask him, and will call fert nurses as well.

I am happy to hear you say 16.5 is ripe and ready. I wasn't quite sure how many days I could expect ovulation after CD 14 since I never have a predictable cycle due to PCOS. Do you think for future I can expect Ov a couple days after such a collie size?

We are trying femara now with ultrasound monitoring.

Admitedly, I am only paranoid because DTD isn't easy for us a lot. My partner is in early 50s. Not exactly 16 yo energy we've got here!:winkwink:

Hey ladies!

I've known that I've had PCOS but haven't really gave it much mind until last year. Last October I started taking inositol, liquid vitex, vitamin D and folic acid. After I started the vitex and inositol something definitely happened... I went from long cycles to a random weird 'period' on CD 22 :wacko: Literally never had a period that short. I think I did ovulate that cycle, my sister thinks I had a super early failed pregnancy. After that I had some things come up in my life so I stopped taking most of the stuff I was taking... I'm back on it this month! I'm crossing my fingers but all this stuff stresses me out. Heading to the doctor at the end of May because of the long wait to get in! :growlmad:

After that weird period I'm on CD 88 with no period in sight... freaking PCOS. Always a roller coaster. :nope:

Hi, autumn.

I was the same way until this month when I started femara (it's like climbed but better, they say)

I went from Jan 2 to March 20 without a period.

So frustrating. Also, as soon as I went off birth control, I started gaining so much weight. On top of that, I have thyroid problems too, so seeing the endo tomorrow too.

I have been reading about inositol. I am glad to hear it is working for you.

hopefulPCOS :flower:

I know how it is. I'm not sure if the inositol is what tapped it off, but I know it does make me feel really good. Definitely less bloated, clear skin and a happier mood in general. I feel like it was the vitex that made me have a strong ovulation that month. I've been back on inositol for a few weeks now and just started back on vitex this month. The taste is horrible but I finally got used to drinking it with a bit of orange juice. Hopefully my period will show soon because my periods were semi-regular before this... I rarely missed more than a month since like a year!

I think lifestyle is partially to blame, I moved back to the US from Korea and I was much more active over there. And I ate a pretty healthy diet with a lot of fermented foods, etc. I know with all the rice in Asia their diet doesn't seem PCOS friendly but every time I've lived in Korea and Japan I've felt great and my periods were normal. :nope:

I'm just stressin'. It's so frustrating that my body doesn't work like it's supposed to. I hate going to the doctor too, so all of these tests are even more stressful for me... I know I'm a grown woman but I still feel embarrassed. :cry:

Hey ladies!

I've known that I've had PCOS but haven't really gave it much mind until last year. Last October I started taking inositol, liquid vitex, vitamin D and folic acid. After I started the vitex and inositol something definitely happened... I went from long cycles to a random weird 'period' on CD 22 :wacko: Literally never had a period that short. I think I did ovulate that cycle, my sister thinks I had a super early failed pregnancy. After that I had some things come up in my life so I stopped taking most of the stuff I was taking... I'm back on it this month! I'm crossing my fingers but all this stuff stresses me out. Heading to the doctor at the end of May because of the long wait to get in! :growlmad:

After that weird period I'm on CD 88 with no period in sight... freaking PCOS. Always a roller coaster. :nope:

Welcome!! I am also using inositol, vitex, vit d and NAC. I started it in the middle of my last cycle... got af on cd25... now this cycle i actually got my first positive opk on cd18 and now i am waiting... this stuff is really great. im glad you are starting again.

Do you think for future I can expect Ov a couple days after such a *follie size?

Yes, 18mm+ is ideal but 16mm is considered mature. For that week dtd every other day, that way your DH is getting a good 24 rest between each bd. I highly recommend you temp and check your cervical mucus. If you look at my chart below you can see a clear shift in temps, so I know I've ovulated. A lot of us ladies use fertilityfriend.com :flower:

Welcome Autumn :)
Hoping your period shows up soon! It's not unheard of to ovulate spontaneously without having had a period in ages with PCOS!

Welcome newbies, sorry about the long cycles you are having autumn, it's really difficult when your body plays horrid trick on you. Are you finding it hard to eat as well now you are living back in the states? Is that why you think your cycles have changed or do you think it's your level of activity?

Hopeful - I hope the appointment with the endo went well and you got the answers you need. I wouldn't worry about your oh being older too much, luckily men don't have as much pressure with their ticking clocks like us woman do. Let us know how you get on.

Shortcakes - how are you doing? You sticking to your healthy eating. I had a kale, banana and almond milk smoothy this morning, and a beef stew with Brussels and carrots for lunch, it's quiche and salad for dinner for me today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->