• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PCOS and TTC #1

My user name is shortcakes622... Add me!

Also, side note... Started my pineapple today bleh!!!!

Sounds like you're doing great so far babysquash! Glad I could give you some useful info.

Good luck everyone with your diet and exercise. I'll go running tomorrow and try to keep that up every other day.

I was on the phone with the fertility clinic today. They're sending me papers. I have to meet with the financial office to discuss what's covered under our plan. We just got new insurance April 1st.
To my understanding so far our new insurance covers infertility testing and treatments but not drugs. Our old insurance didn't cover anything. I'm excited. I really want my husband to get a sperm analysis, and have my blood work done just to start.

I'm at 5 dpo, so who knows maybe I'll be pregnant before any tests or treatments take place. That's the dream right? ;)

Can I join the group? They put me on metformin but it was dropping my blood sugar to much. So this month we are doing progesterone. If this cycle does not work then on the femera. Have any of y'all tried this?
Baby dust to all!
I am cycle day 12 and waiting for positive opk!

Welcome Dancing nurse! I had 2 rounds of Femara so far, almost no side effects really. Hope you'll get your bfp before having to take it though :)

Blue, yay for good inssurances! Fertility sure gets pricey pretty fast. I'm well covered and in a country where healthcare is free and I consider myself so lucky!

Welcome dn2 :). What CD do you normally ovulate?

Lucky Danna. Healthcare in USA is ridiculous.

Shortcakes you're crazy, pineapple is so good! Lol

You all know what you're doing for exercise starting tomorrow?

Good Morning!!!! Well.. today it starts!!! I have packed super healthy snacks and food while i am at work.

Very... i am going to switch it up between my elliptical, yoga and some weight training.

What is everyone having for breakfast???

I have a slice of sprouted grain bread with strawberries!!

I had a hard boiled egg and some almonds and cashews ;)
Morning everyone!

I had a low carb yogurt for breakfast. :) I am signed up w/ a trainer to show me the weights tonight. I am pretty excited to get back to the gym. Yesterday I did the eliptical and bike for a half hour.. its a start.

Good job so far ladies!

I had an orange, and some oatmeal with walnuts, almond milk, & maca powder.

Also had tea. I don't sweeten or add anything, I like the taste as is.

I'll be using my c25k app to jog today. I'm kind of dreading going out there, there's snow dusted around the edges of the yard by the fence. So it's cold, after we had such nice weather last week too. I am however looking forward to being slimmer by summer, and hopefully getting a BFP sooner rather than later due to increased fitness.

I also lift weights after running, or I do push ups and curls. I have to do the girly pushups.

Welcome dancingnurse! The same thing happened to me with Metformin. It got so bad I would get dizzy and sick just drinking a small glass of orange juice. Ugh no thanks.

veryblueapple, crossing my fingers that you already are!! :dust: That would be awesome! But how cool that your insurance covers so much. I don't think mine covers fertility treatments at all. My boss had to go through IVF and I'm pretty sure it wasn't covered.

For breakfast I had high fiber oatmeal and a banana and packed some healthy snacks for the day too! Everyone's off to a great start!

Oh and I ordered some Vitex last night off Amazon so hopefully that will get here soon! The husband and I have been doing the BD more often now so I'm getting excited!! :happydance:

Eeek!! Yeah ivf is like $20k. I wish we'd had better insurance when I was in my 20s. Better late than never, when it comes to my dream of becoming a mom.

It makes you want to move to another country where they value health instead of profit from sickness. Me and DH have actually talked about it lol. Canada isn't too far away haha

feeling pretty sick today.... i feel like i have to vomit all over :(

I'm in Canada, free IVF, come over ;P
I'm gonna test on friday, anyone else?

Bummer shortcakes, get better soon!

Danna I'm starting testing on Thursday, which is only 8 dpo but what the heck. So we'll be doing our testing together. Wow free ivf, I can't imagine. I live in Minnesota, Canada is our northern border, so I could drive there today lol.

I plan on holding out to test on monday... but who am i kidding.. i will probably start tonight...lol.

Wow, I missed out on loads ladies!
We get free IVF here I think but only 1 or two rounds and that's after they have exhausted all avenues I think. The problem in the UK is that's they don't seem to care, 3 different doctors all told me to go away and just try, I'm like I don't even know if I ovulate and my cycles are longer than 60 days! Still didn't care??
I now am looking to go private which is going to cost me thousands I imagine unless I wait on a stupidly long waiting list for help! Grrr

Anyway this morning I had a spinach and banana smoothly with flax and some melon etc
Lunch was Mac n cheese but with mozarella (not that it makes it better)
No idea what I'm having for dinner as the DH is making it tonight

Lunch for me was a ham sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes... I dont feel great... so dinner is looking like maybe broth and bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->