• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PCOS and TTC #1

Welcome newbies, sorry about the long cycles you are having autumn, it's really difficult when your body plays horrid trick on you. Are you finding it hard to eat as well now you are living back in the states? Is that why you think your cycles have changed or do you think it's your level of activity?

Hopeful - I hope the appointment with the endo went well and you got the answers you need. I wouldn't worry about your oh being older too much, luckily men don't have as much pressure with their ticking clocks like us woman do. Let us know how you get on.

Shortcakes - how are you doing? You sticking to your healthy eating. I had a kale, banana and almond milk smoothy this morning, and a beef stew with Brussels and carrots for lunch, it's quiche and salad for dinner for me today!

Eh. I am ok today. Feeling really moody and a little crampy which is making me nervous.

Eating today has not gone very well.... i had a gyro (which isn't that awful minus the pita) and I may or may not have had some Ben & Jerrys. :dohh::cry:

If your feeling moody then sometimes naughty food does help :)
Don't worry about the cramps, they could mean anything. Our bodies are strange like that...

I usually have cramps too during tww. Nothing to be nervous about. Glad you're feeling better! :flower:

It may be TMI but my nipples hurt... which is really strange for me. Not the whole thing..just the nips... and besides the cramping the lower back pain is there....

Yeah that happens to me w/ sore nips, sometimes whole breasts, other times just the sides. It's the progesterone in your system. A great sign you ovulated! Yay! :happydance:

Yeah that happens to me w/ sore nips, sometimes whole breasts, other times just the sides. It's the progesterone in your system. A great sign you ovulated! Yay! :happydance:

I have NEVER had this before!!! I also dont think i have ever ovulated before this month either.... the things your body does that PCOS hides!! Its like a whole new world!!:wacko:

By the way guys what is NAC and inositiol?

These are supplements my holistic dr put me on.. i take NAC (pill) twice a day and Inositol is a powder that i take 1 scoop twice a day.

They are supposed to help with regulating the cycle.

I always refer to this site when I wonder about supplements, diet, get tips, etc for PCOS.

https://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/supplements.html

I took pretty much every supplement for PCOS for a few months but I don't know if they did anything for me. I believe it was the wholesome diet. The supplements I was taking were super cheap ordered from Swansons vitamins. I don't think they were potent or even what they claimed to be since there's no federal regulation on them.

I believe the supplements shortcakes is taking are potent and working, especially being prescribed by a holistic Dr.

If I were to take any of them again I'd go shortcakes route or order them from the site above, even though it's expensive.

I order them from health wave as my dr is very picky with brands

I never heard of NAC, maybe I should start taking that too. I'll take anything at this point as long as AF shows!! :kiss:

I'm on my feet most of the day as a teacher but I'm definitely less active than before and diet went DOWN the drain. I'm slowly reigning that back in but it's a process. I'm horrible at will power. :blush:

Lady bits feeling strange today, I hope it's vitex working it's magic soon!! :flower:

Fingers crossed itsautumn!!!! I had a real bad day with healthy eating today... Back on it tomorrow and I am joining a Zumba class 3 times a week!

Ahhh, I love Zumba! I actually was doing it a lot and losing weight really well but since I moved to a different city when I got a new job I haven't been going. :wacko: The new class I joined doesn't do it for me... it's so true that the instructor makes your Zumba experience. The new class is so slow, boring and the moves aren't interesting. So sad! I was doing yoga too and LOVED it at the old gym... the new one, not so much. I'm so bummed about it. :growlmad:

I'm 50-50 on diet. I do pretty good during the day because I eat with the kids at school so I get small portions of 'healthyish' food. But it's dinner time that things get crafty... lol. :coffee:

Oh... i am awful at work because my coworker eats out everyday and her lunch always looks so much better than mine!!! At home i am a little better until my skinny husband eats junk food in front of me.... sad but i have no self control!

My hubby is the same way! He eats junk all day and never gains a thing. I make him keep all of his snacks in a drawer so I can't even look at them or I am tempted. lol At work I always keep stuff here so that I am not tempted to eat out or I make sure to set aside leftovers from dinner. I still don't eat as healthy as I should all the time, but i'm slowly getting there.

I have never tried Zumba..I have heard so many good things about it though.I may look into classes in a few weeks, but right now I am kind of like working out at my own pace. I used to want someone to come with me or take classes, but for now I kind of like having some time to myself. I have worked out every day this week and it has been such a stress reliever!

Staying motivated to be healthy is exhausting!

I'm lucky enough to have a chef working at my job, with at least 1 healthy option on the menu, huge help!

Way to go Jules! :thumbup: :bodyb:

Today is 8 dpo tested fmu :bfn:
It's super early, so my hopes aren't dashed! One thing of note is that I usually get an estrogen surge mid-luteal phase accompanied by what is considered an "implantation dip" (each cycle only being ovulatory), but this time my temps are staying up and going higher. My chart looks triphasic to me. I know charts can't show a pregnancy, but it's just interesting. ;)

I'm looking forward to my workout today, but not the chilly weather and wet muddy ground. Just waiting until my body absorbs some of the massive amount of water and tea I drank this morning, so I don't go out there with fluid sloshing around in my belly. Lol :cold:

Diet is still on track and I'm very proud of it. I went through all the grief of starting a new lifestyle around 6 months ago, so I'm well set: mostly vegan, only limited sugar (i.e. honey, coconut sugar, no cane sugar), no artificial sweeteners, no gluten (except rare occasion), no meat, no dairy (except rare occasion- I love DQ blizzards and cake lol), no processed foods (except rare occasion), and try to buy organic as much as possible.

Who else is working out today? How's everyone doing?

Danna, are your test lines getting darker or lighter? Fx for you, and everyone.

No workout today for me. I'm actually not feeling as sore as I thought I was going to and was planning to go, but I have to stay late at work. Though, I am making sure I get up and move ever so often so i'm not just sitting at my desk all day.

Danna- That's awesome!

Blueapple- There is still hope, my fingers are crossed for you! I have been charting for months, but due to my cycles being so all over the plave I honestly haven't been able to understand it as much as I would like to. I hope that is a good sign for you though!
That's awesome that you have changed your lifestyle so much, I hope to get there in the next few months..minus cutting out meat. I can't wait for veggie and fruit season here. The weather is finally starting to become a bit nicer so it shouldn't be too far away now. :) DQ cakes are soooo good, I only limit it on my birthday since that is the only cake I like. lol

:) DQ cakes are soooo good, I only limit it on my birthday since that is the only cake I like. lol

Haha same! DH tried to get a Coldstone cake one year (which is still good) but I'm a traditionalist especially when I find something I really like and has good memories associated with it. So I looked at him and asked "when are you picking up my Dairy Queen cake?" Lol He didn't even say a word just sighed and walked right back out the door. I go ALL out for his birthday so he knew better.

Hahahaha! My hubby isn't even allowed to get my cake without me there because I like to pick it out myself. That is what I did growing up so I like to keep up the tradition. :) This year the DQ near us was going through construction so they were closed on my birthday. I got ice cream cupcakes from a place that makes amazing ice cream...it just wasn't the same and made me a little sad. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->