• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PCOS and TTC #1

Hey. So i did a wondflo this morning and i swore i saw something.... which got me really really excited. So i did a 4 hour hold and did a frep and a big fat negative.... feeling pretty down today.

:hugs: I'm sorry shortcakes! I know how those phantom lines can be. :(

I started Vitex on Sunday and so far no negative symptoms so that makes me happy! I'm on antibiotics for yet another bladder infection so that will probably mess up my stomach for the week. No fun. :( I've been exercising more regularly and even jogged for a bit to try to push myself a bit more. That was SO HARD but it felt so good.

:hug: shortcakes

Awesome babysquash! It feels so great to workout. It's like once you get past your own insecurities you can achieve so much physically, more than you ever thought.

im still going to wait and test again maybe thurs as long as af doesn't show...

Hi ibelieve thanks so much for sharing your story, it makes me that much more excited about seeing my RE now, I have booked a private appointment as I can't get a referal on the NHS. Out of interest did they give you meds as well as a strict diet?

Luna I have no idea about belt east pain in the tww, I have heard that it's common though. I get sore nips just before ovulation which I was told is a marker for unbalanced hormones, I am hoping vitex helps with that. Good luck with your diet, I gave up dairy for lent and it was hard...

Very I am excited to see your results. I hope the witch stays away! Keep us updated. Fx for you :)
Out of interest what do you eat for lunch?

Shortcakes I really hope it's not a false positive/evap! Eee very excited! I am really hoping you or very give the board the first BFP! (Or both obviously) :hugs:

For lunch I have a variety of things, mix and match a couple or few of these items: eggs, salad with homemade vinaigrette, raw veggies or steamed fresh/frozen, nuts, seeds, a specialty salad with sweet potatoes or quinoa or both. Sometimes I'll do a breakfast type of lunch if I had juice for breakfast, like oatmeal, and I always add yummy stuff to that. I use almond milk in almost everything or have a small glass to drink on the side with meals. Sometimes as a treat I'll make a bean dip with black beans, onion, green pepper, cumin, lime juice, with tortilla chips, or I'll just have salsa and chips.

Thank you Very I was doing so well with my diet up until recently where I have started eaten more gluten and dairy etc. I need to get back on the straight and narrow and start planning my meals ahead so I can eat right. I was pretty good for a long while and still make sure I snack on fruit and nuts etc but sometimes I just run out of ideas :p

I hear ya, it's way harder to plan out healthy with special restrictions, versus eating what everyone else eats, or what is on practically every isle and at the check out of stores (packaged, processed junk). Eating gluten is the easiest rule to break too with it being everywhere and in practically everything. Keep up your strength and will, you'll get positive results! :hugs:

I ran out with DH to get a hpt, it was a :bfn:! It's 13 dpo so I feel like it's accurate. Idk if I ovulated later than I thought, or if my LP is longer this month from the Fertilitea and FertilAid. DH said to test again Thursday/Friday.

Thank you ibelieve, that makes sense. There's probably many of us who've stared at stark white sticks imagining a line, turning it at different angles, holding it to the light, and even ripping it apart hoping to see the "line" better.

Afm, today is 14 dpo, my temp is up, like the last two days of it slowly declining never happened. No period. Same symptoms as last few days. I put a panty liner in around 4:30, it's 7:30. I'll end up taking it out in a couple hours if AF still doesn't show. I'm getting a sneaking suspicion I might be one of those women who doesn't test positive til later. That's hopeful thinking though. I'm taking this one day at a time.

I'm not testing until Thursday or Friday like DH recommended.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-15-07-18-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-15-07-18-53.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1
Hi to all the new ladies! :wave:

Ibelieve- When you took femara did you have an IUI or just bd as usual? I am starting it next month and I haven't found much information about it.

Hopefully- I feel your pain, I am feeling the same way. I know pre-planning meals for the week the only for sure way I will stick to stick to it. I am pretty simple with snacks..usually I keep cut up fruits and veggies to keep in the fridge,nuts, super dark chocolate if I need sweet, and low fat string cheese.

shortcakes- I am so sorry you had a bfn. :( Keep your head up, you will see that line soon! :)

Blueapple- Your chart looks pretty promising! I hope your bfp is just taking a bit longer to show. Fingers crossed!

Thank you ibelieve, that makes sense. There's probably many of us who've stared at stark white sticks imagining a line, turning it at different angles, holding it to the light, and even ripping it apart hoping to see the "line" better.

Afm, today is 14 dpo, my temp is up, like the last two days of it slowly declining never happened. No period. Same symptoms as last few days. I put a panty liner in around 4:30, it's 7:30. I'll end up taking it out in a couple hours if AF still doesn't show. I'm getting a sneaking suspicion I might be one of those women who doesn't test positive til later. That's hopeful thinking though. I'm taking this one day at a time.

I'm not testing until Thursday or Friday like DH recommended.

I am hoping this is my case as well. Today is dpo 11.. i really need to start temping to see where i am with that.

I started hysterical laughing at your ripping apart to see where the line is.... i just did this last night..hahahaha....

FX that you both get your BFP's! How cool would that be!! :dust:

So it turns out that my husband has the MTHFR mutation and that could cause infertility. We don't know for sure yet but just knowing that it's a higher possibility is really worrying me. This might get even harder than we thought.... :(

I'm taking 90 drops of liquid vitex every morning. Last time I took I had good results so I hopped back on it when my period disappeared now.

I do have an appointment with an RE but they don't have anything open until May 20th. :wacko: I should have called earlier but my insurance just kicked in on April 1st so that's when I called to make the appointment... I didn't realize there was such a long wait! Until then, there really isn't much I can do other than watch my diet, exercise during the week and take some of these supplements like vitex, inositol and b12/folic acid.

I know losing some weight will definitely give me a jumpstart on conceiving. Before I left Korea I had went to an OB and she told me that I need to lose 15% of my body weight and my chances will increase 3x. I really need to lose 35% to be at my optimum body weight though. :shrug:

I've been hitting the gym to lift weights and I started going hiking on the weekends and taking walks since the weather is finally warm. I was totally messed up last week but it was worth it! I did leg day and I could barely sit down all week haha. I teach preschool so lowering myself down into little people chairs was definitely a sight to see for my students... :dohh:

Today I've been cramping possibly a little bit so I'm hoping something is going down soon. My temp dropped pretty low this morning too. :sleep:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/55fa43//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

I'm so sorry babysquash :sad1: You never want to learn you have more hurdles standing in the way of your goal.

Here's an interesting article I just read about MTHFR:
https://pcosdiva.com/2014/05/mthfr-what-is-it-and-how-can-this-effect-your-fertility/

It seems that you can win against this gene through proper nutrition. Read specifically about folate near the bottom. I'm sure your DHs swimmers can be enhanced with some healthy food and vitamins. It's good to know there's hope.

Autumn, you cracked me up with the image of you trying to sit in a tiny chair at the preschool with sore muscles! :haha:
I know how you feel with the appt so far away. We just got insurance that kicked in April 1st as well. My fertility clinic requires a process that takes forever to get through just to schedule your first appt.

We want our babies as soon as possible not 5 years from now. Well of course we'll take our baby in 5 years if that's the soonest, but if it's up to a doctor being able to give me the treatment that gets my bundle of joy then I want lots of one on one treatment asap.

Yeah your temp did drop pretty low today! Fx you're ovulating!

keep up the exercise!! You will see the benefits and be so proud of yourself. Way to go girl! :bodyb:

Hi all, sorry I haven't been checking in to much. I'm finding it really hard to stay positive at the moment when my cycle is dragging on.

Babysquash sorry to hear about your DH, fx it is something that won't effect you and you can soldier on past it.

Itsautumn sorry to hear you are having to wait so long for the RE, it can feel like a lifetime when your cycles are not playing ball and you can't see no way out of it. Let's hope that vitex and the gym kicks your cycles in to gear. I have to admit I knwo the feeling of trying to move when your legs are in so much pain, I remember trying to walk up stairs was a b****

I started a new strength training regime yesterday. As I don't need to loose to much I thought it was best to do at least some exercise to help my hormones and as I have such long days spending hours at a gym is just not feasible. So I am going to be doing my regular 3 mile a day walk to/from the station and every other day I will be doing a 20 minute strength circuit. I'm going to cut sugars and gluten out again slowly and see where it gets me...

Shortcakes and Very are we testing anytime soon??

Exciting!

Hi all, sorry I haven't been checking in to much. I'm finding it really hard to stay positive at the moment when my cycle is dragging on.

Babysquash sorry to hear about your DH, fx it is something that won't effect you and you can soldier on past it.

Itsautumn sorry to hear you are having to wait so long for the RE, it can feel like a lifetime when your cycles are not playing ball and you can't see no way out of it. Let's hope that vitex and the gym kicks your cycles in to gear. I have to admit I knwo the feeling of trying to move when your legs are in so much pain, I remember trying to walk up stairs was a b****

I started a new strength training regime yesterday. As I don't need to loose to much I thought it was best to do at least some exercise to help my hormones and as I have such long days spending hours at a gym is just not feasible. So I am going to be doing my regular 3 mile a day walk to/from the station and every other day I will be doing a 20 minute strength circuit. I'm going to cut sugars and gluten out again slowly and see where it gets me...

Shortcakes and Very are we testing anytime soon??

Exciting!

I shamefully have been testing everyday... Dpo 10 I thought I saw something but was evap line. I'm dpo 12 today and tested and nothing. I don't think this is my month but af isn't here so I guess I'm still hopeful until she shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->