• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PCOS and TTC #1

Opto, I'm sorry hun. I wish I could reach through the internet to give you a hug. It's not fair that you are having such a long cycle. The strength training routine and cutting out sugar/gluten sounds like a good plan.

Fx for you shortcakes!

Afm, no AF (yet). I have the same symptoms each morning, like AF is arriving at any moment but then the cramps and backache ease up and no AF. Idk what is going on. I'm testing tomorrow if I make it that long without a visit from :witch:
I'm so nervous.

Opto, I'm sorry hun. I wish I could reach through the internet to give you a hug. It's not fair that you are having such a long cycle. The strength training routine and cutting out sugar/gluten sounds like a good plan.

Fx for you shortcakes!

Afm, no AF (yet). I have the same symptoms each morning, like AF is arriving at any moment but then the cramps and backache ease up and no AF. Idk what is going on. I'm testing tomorrow if I make it that long without a visit from :witch:
I'm so nervous.

My fingers are crossed for you.... i have having the same thing... symptoms are like af but nothing! Its so frustrating.

Also i have a question.... can your ovaries have different cycles. It seems every other month my cycle is exceptionally long. Last month af came on cd25.. here i am on cd32 and nothing yet.

Your cycles are doing different things from hormonal imbalance. It's a myth that ovaries alternate ovulation month to month. You can ovulate from the same ovary month after month, and that's completely fine. The vitex goes in and starts working slowly to balance your hormones, becoming more effective with time. Generally the first 1-3 cycles on it things might be a bit off before they are on track. You can definitely still get pregnant during that time as long as you're ovulating. Try to look at the bigger picture and give the vitex a few months since it's such a slow, gentle herb. I think you're doing a great job with your regimen and being positive. You deserve a BFP and you'll get it soon. Hang in there! :hug:

FX crossed for both of you ladies and hang in there opto! I'm new to taking Vitex too. Hopefully it help both of us with our cycles.

Veryblueapple thank you for the article I'll check it out! I've been telling the husband about improving his diet for so long but he's SO stubborn! Maybe this will finally be the incentive he needs to make some changes. I did finally convince him to switch to brown rice. ;)

Babysquash, you can make "white" rice for your husband, use cauliflower. It tastes like real rice, and he might not be able to tell a difference. Lol, it's soooo good with stir fry! I think I'll make that tomorrow for dinner when we're back home, yummy.

i LOVE LOVE cauliflower 'rice' stir fry... its probably one of my fave foods!!

PS i am out for this month... i have slight pink spotting. :cry:

I love cauliflower substitutions! :) I always mess up the rice, but I think that it is only due to not having a food processor and the fact that I suck at making rice in general. lol I do use it for a substitute for mashed potatoes and use it for low carb sheppherds pie....mmmm. I tried it once for pizza crust, which was ok but again would have worked better if I cound have ground it up better. I also made buffalo cauliflower that tastes like hot wings which are my weakness. lol

For those of you on Vitex hang in there. When I took it the first time it took about 2-3 months before I saw too much of a difference. I know it can help!

Having PCOS and long cycles reallllly sucks! There are so many things out there that people do/use to help with it. But like anything else it is trial and error. So if the Vitex and other supplements don't work then there are other things to try.

I know there will be some bfp's coming on this forum!!!

I love cauliflower substitutions! :) I always mess up the rice, but I think that it is only due to not having a food processor and the fact that I suck at making rice in general. lol I do use it for a substitute for mashed potatoes and use it for low carb sheppherds pie....mmmm. I tried it once for pizza crust, which was ok but again would have worked better if I cound have ground it up better. I also made buffalo cauliflower that tastes like hot wings which are my weakness. lol

For those of you on Vitex hang in there. When I took it the first time it took about 2-3 months before I saw too much of a difference. I know it can help!

Having PCOS and long cycles reallllly sucks! There are so many things out there that people do/use to help with it. But like anything else it is trial and error. So if the Vitex and other supplements don't work then there are other things to try.

I know there will be some bfp's coming on this forum!!!

I LOVE it for pizza crust as well. I use my Ninja blender to do it! and i notice you can't use frozen cauliflower.. only fresh.

I'm definately going to try cauliflower rice!

Shortcakes sorry to hear your spotting, although if it is only spotting I have heard that it's common to spot on the day AF is due even with a BFP. Has it become anything other than spotting?

Very thank you for the virtual hug, it's so lovely having you all here.

Thanks everyone for the reassurance, it's horrid sometimes because i just feel like a failure if i can't even get to ovulation. I really hope vitex helps those that are taking it. I don't want to loose hope in it and I know it takes a while to take effect so I guess I will just wait and see

He's okay with cauliflower subs in some recipes. Like he really likes the cauliflower leek soup I came up with but I don't know how he'd feel about rice. It's work a try though! I don't have a fancy food processor though. would it work in a Nutrabullet?

shortcakes - what pizza crust recipe do you use? I haven't been able to get mine to work.

I would imagine a nutribullet would do the exact same thing. you would have to stop it from blending it too much as it might become mush. Can you pulse on the nutribullet?

I'm definately going to try cauliflower rice!

Shortcakes sorry to hear your spotting, although if it is only spotting I have heard that it's common to spot on the day AF is due even with a BFP. Has it become anything other than spotting?

Very thank you for the virtual hug, it's so lovely having you all here.

Thanks everyone for the reassurance, it's horrid sometimes because i just feel like a failure if i can't even get to ovulation. I really hope vitex helps those that are taking it. I don't want to loose hope in it and I know it takes a while to take effect so I guess I will just wait and see

Hey hope, it's only a couple of really faint pink dots when I wipe ( sorry tmi) but that's it

He's okay with cauliflower subs in some recipes. Like he really likes the cauliflower leek soup I came up with but I don't know how he'd feel about rice. It's work a try though! I don't have a fancy food processor though. would it work in a Nutrabullet?

shortcakes - what pizza crust recipe do you use? I haven't been able to get mine to work.

Baby.. I use this one https://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

Yep, just pulse it a few times to make the cauliflower crumbly. If you were making the cauliflower into mashed potatoes you'd want to blend it smooth. You girls rock. You all have great ideas. I've never tried to use it for pizza crust, awesome idea.

I never spot before a period, once it starts it doesn't stop till it's over, so unless you normally spot that could be a really good sign!!

My rant of the day (sorry lol, :D):
We are in another state while DH works, I'm without a car during the day. Today I walked from the hotel to the dog park which is miles away (i was getting way too bored sitting around here day after day). It was also very sunny and warm. When I got there I went looking for the water DH and I had left at the picnic/shelter area (which was a huge container full of gallons of water), and it was gone, but the floor was massively wet like someone had spilled their food/soda then used the water to wash away the mess so their dogs wouldn't get sick or a sugar high. The dog bowl was bone dry though! There were some white-trash idiots sitting in there at noon eating their burger king. I asked if they'd seen the water I purposely left the previous evening so that my dog and I would have water after our long journey in the sun. They really didn't give a crap, and didn't offer to get water either even though they all had thirsty dogs too. So I took my personal water bottle (small) out of my satchel and filled the dog bowl which their dogs came and drank from, even though I was thirsty, but I knew Zane (my pup) needed water being he's black and has a thick coat. I was so angry that they let their dogs drink without thanking me or offering to get water. It's the responsibility of the owners to bring water. These people are so rude. Then one of them complained about not having the park to themselves anymore. I just thought 'screw you' and got up and walked to the opposite end of the park where there's a bench and sat down letting Zane lay down in my shade. I sat there for like an hour in the sun and lazily played fetch with Zane (he was pretty hot and needed water), while they sat in the shaded shelter. Oh well at least I got my vitamin D for the day! There's a grocery store right next to the dog park but there was no one that showed up that I felt I could leave Zane with for 5 minutes so I could run and buy a jug of w. I considered leaving him for 5 mins in the park but imagined someone stealing him, a dog attacking him, our someone calling animal control. I couldn't bring him in the store, or tie him up outside. I was so upset! This park is great but needs a water source. Our park back at home is much smaller but has a duel fountain, one for people and one low to the ground for dogs, it's awesome!
DH came a couple hours later and brought a jug of cold water which Zane and i chugged, and I even dumped some on him. I took the rest and hid it far from the picnic area so tomorrow when I make the trek out there we have plenty of water! Check out time is noon tomorrow. I'm packing everything up tonight, DH is going to work with all our suitcases in the car. I'll have just a few items, and Zane. We'll spend the day at the park. I hope it goes better tomorrow.

I can't wait to watch the season premier of Game of Thrones from last Sunday when I get home. Anyone else into that show? Oh yeah also no AF still. If I don't get it tomorrow I'll test. Wow I'm super chatty tonight. How are you all? <3

Sorry to scare anyone who read my rant yesterday! :haha:

So today is Friday and as you probably see on my chart I have started a new cycle. My temp dipped below coverline and although I haven't started bleeding yet (unusual for me with this kind of dip) I marked it as so because I'll be walking around today at the dog park without a bathroom so I'm assuming it's starting soon (I put a menstrual cup in). I also changed a couple things to change when ff marked ovulation- instead of o on CD 13, it's now at CD 15 and instead of my LP being 15 days long (unheard of for me) it's now at 13 days for that cycle (usually it's 12 but has been 13 for one cycle before). I guess I won't be getting a Christmas baby, not this year. Maybe I'll have better luck this cycle, and could have a baby right before my 33rd birthday.

Shortcakes, have you tested?

Nah your rant didn't scare me off, I completely understand your frustration... Some people just don't deserve to be owners of an animal. And the fact that they made you feel so awkward is totally uncalled for! Hope you not letting your ordeal bother you too much.

I did see your temp drop today, sorry to see that you didn't get your sticky bean this cycle. It's so strange how different ladies have completely different patterns in their cycles, mine doesn't drop until a few days after AF. What cycle are you now on Very?

Nothing new going on today, still got cramps which is soo frustrating! Trying to take my mind off of it and just let it be what it is.

Opto, thanks hun. Grr it's all so maddening. I wish we could all know what month and year we were to get PG so we could enjoy life a little more in the meantime.

This will be my 6th cycle/month of charting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-17-09-29-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-17-09-29-24.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 2
I am so sorry for those rude people! That would have upset me as well. Why can't people just leave other people's things alone...I mean it was water, its not like they couldn't get some for themselves. Ugh, people are super lame sometimes! lol

I don't watch game of thrones, but I have heard good reviews though. I just can't get into shows like I used to. I always end up forgetting then lose interest.

Im sorry that you restarted a new cycle. Keep your head up. A new cycle means a new chance. You will get that bfp soon!

Nothing new with me today either. My doctor told me to stop temping and using OPK's so I feel super lost in my cycle. The only thing I can do is wait for af to come or not. Originally they were going to induce af if it's not here by the 30th. However, since they want to do an HSG on CD7 and I will be in Disney if I get af at that time. So now the plan is to wait til after Disney to induce af and if it comes while in Disney I will just take the femara without the HSG.

I totally hear that frustration! I have been charting since about July, but not fully until September. I just want to know when it will happen already! I told my husband last night that I wish I had a crystal ball to see how things turn out so I know to make the right choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->