PCOS and TTC #1

Welcome Ray!
Sorry to hear about all your cycle problems. Fx this round of clomid does the trick. What side effects did you suffer from. I think i am due to start that next month. I must admit im a little nervous. Im also classed as a "lean" pcos patient but tbh i could probably do with loosing some belly fat.
Anyway let us know how ypu get on.

Jules, how goes it? Thanks for all the information, it was extremely insightful. Im glad everything os coming together for you. Lets hope we see that BFP soon.

Hi Very. Thanks for the information about progesterone cream. I was looking into this a while back but got a bit nervous so i didnt purchase it. I have heard that you can build too much in your system so it scared me off. But its interesting to hear that it was what kick started it for you. How do you really know if you are estrogen dominant? Will blood tests show it? Also have you stopped doing now that it's been 3 months. And after stopping did your cycles remain shorter?

Sorry for all the questions :)

Thanks Hopefully :)
Since I had two rounds of the Clomid in one cycle, I'm not sure what it would've been like with one. In the first week with the 50 mg, I didn't really have any. I was warmer overall, but I'm normally freezing (normal body temp for me is around 96) and it was kind of welcome haha

Week two with the 100 mg was awful- I had really bad headaches and neckaches, nausea, mood swings/irritability, and issues with sleeping (insomnia and nightmares). They started on my 3rd day of the dose and lasted until 3 days after I stopped that dose. I've felt fine the past two days. It's funny- In the midst of those bad 5 days, I was all like "next month, they must switch this if I need a second round," but when I saw it made such a difference with the size of my follicles in a week, I wasn't so sure that I wanted to make the change. Side effects are worth it if it works!

Best of luck to all :)

Welcome Ray!
Sorry to hear about all your cycle problems. Fx this round of clomid does the trick. What side effects did you suffer from. I think i am due to start that next month. I must admit im a little nervous. Im also classed as a "lean" pcos patient but tbh i could probably do with loosing some belly fat.
Anyway let us know how ypu get on.
)

Hi Ray, i think thats the mentality i want to go in with. Regardless of the short term side effects if it leads to my BFP then they are pretty much irrelevant.

Afm im cd15 today and not much is going on. Im trying not to expect miracles with metformin and i havent been eating as great as maybe i should have so that will have an adverse effect. Anywho my appointment is ok Thursday so im extremely apprehensive. I just dont want to hear more negativity :(

How is everyone. The board is awfully quiet :nope:

Progesterone is known as the peaceful hormone https://www.everywomanover29.com/blog/hormone-secret-progesterone-for-anxiety/

Please check out this site and get informed about progesterone therapy and how amazing it is. https://www.progesteronetherapy.com/#axzz3cgLU4PKj

You can't use too much progesterone. I used really high doses. It converts into other hormones if needed. When you first start using it you get side effect because estrogen is fighting to keep it's place in your receptors. If you read on the sites I've provided in this post and my last you'll get all kinds of great info :) :flower:

The last month of progesterone therapy for me was January, and my cycles have been regular. FertiliTea (with vitex) has helped bring my ovulation sooner, making my cycles 26-27 days normally. This last cycle I was really sick, laying around before and during ovulation so it pushed it out by a few days- I think ;).

All I wish for is ALL of us getting our BFPs and being healthy and happy. :hugs:

Sorry for the repeat posting- Put this on the Clomid thread, too- Has anyone else had lower stomach/pelvic sensitivity from Clomid/Ovidrel?

Since I did the trigger shot, my lower stomach (like from my belly button down 4 inches and fully across my stomach from side to side) hurts to the touch- to the point where I thought it was my bladder and I had a uti (but I'm pretty sure I don't- I get them and know how they progress- even though I've been peeing a ton). I'm also super bloated and just feel gross. Is this common with Clomid and/or triggers?

I took my trigger on Sunday, so I think it's way too soon to even consider this a possibility for symptom spotting, but can't decide if it's something to call the dr about or if it's normal.

Veryblue thanks for the info, you're just a wealth of knowledge! I might have to give it a go. I will need to check where to get it from in the UK.

Ray unfortunately i haven't had experience with clomid or triggers (yet!) if its something that is not getting any better i would recommend asking a doctor or health professional. Tbh i think clomid effects everyone slightly differently so its quite hard to compare against someone else i imagine.

So afm im on my way to the hospital for my appointment and i am petrified! I really want it to go well and i really hope my dr is an optimistic one as i dont think i can stand more bad news :nope:

Ray, you should call the nurse and let them know what's going on, if at the very least for peace of mind. Clomid can have a lot of nasty side effects. It forces your body to produce a lot of estrogen at one time, and high estrogen has its own awful side effects. Feel better soon.

Opto, good luck at the appointment :hugs:

Thanks guys- I called and they didn't seem concerned. Wish these next two weeks would go quickly!!! How's everyone else holding up?

Can somebody help me here please??

How do you know if you need to use the progesterone cream? :shrug:

:wacko:

Glad to hear all is well Ray. :)

Sarah, read the literature on the sites of the links I provided in two posts. Only you'll know if you should use it based upon your cycle, and medical history. Or ask your doctor.

Right now I'm waiting for my Wondfo delivery so I can test! I'm at 11 dpo, or I could be at 15 dpo (2 days late for AF) depending on when I ovulated. It was confusing this month from being sick. Will keep you updated.

All I know is that when I go for my follicle tracking Scans my womb lining has been growing, so I don't know :shrug: Id have to ask.

Ray-Welcome!!!! I'm sorry the clomid is having some side effects. I hope that despite the side effects that its effective for you. :)

Hopefully- How did your appointment go? I hope all is well. :)

Veryblue- Good luck with testing! Fingers crossed!

Sarah- Did your doctor test your progesterone levels? Mine tested after suspected ovulation and mine was low so they prescribed progesterone suppositories.

AFM- I want to update you guys that I got a BFP! :) I was not expecting it at all and even picked up my femara prescription for next cycle. I had some symptoms, but not sure if it was just the progesterone so I tested on an ic Thursday night and thought I saw a line. I used another ic in the morning and a stronger line came up so I figured I should get a frer. I took it and walked away because I was nervous. Came back and almost passed out when I saw two lines. I took another this morning and I think its a bit darker.I will go on Monday for bloods.

I am just praying for a sticky and healthy bean! Keep your fingers crossed for me. :)

Jules- congrats and best wishes for a healthy, sticky, easy 9 months :)

For me- I ended up having a UTI, so I have no idea what symptoms were O-related, clomid related, trigger related, and and UTI related. Oh joy.

How's everyone else holding up?

For those of you who have triggered, when did you find the best day was to test? This TWW is killer!

Jules, congratulations!!! :yellow: :happydance: I'm so excited for you!! I'm really glad there's been a couple BFPs in this group, first Danna, now you! Gives the rest of us hope! Your baby is due mid February, right? So you could have a Valentine's baby <3.

I'm getting AF today (started spotting, AF cramps, etc). Onto a new cycle! Going to try Clomid either this cycle or next.

Thank you guys!! I should be due around Feb. 18th.

I think I am in total shock...it doesn't feel real. I think once its confirmed with bloods I will feel better.
All my symptoms pretty much feel like pre-af symptoms, but kicked up a notch.

I am really rooting for you guys to get your BFP's !!! Lots and lots of babydust!!!

Congrats Jules! Happy and healthy 9 months! This is great news for anyone with PCOS, I'm sure your blood results will be just fine! :)

Yay congrats Jules!!!! I just happened to log in to see how everyone is doing so I'm super excited to see another BFP! :happydance:

I'm feeling weird lately, probably hormones doing their usual crazy thing. Kind of foggy brained, achey, upset stomach, etc.... But I went out of my way to pamper myself this weekend with a massage so that helped. DH's doctor is going to put him on a low dose of testosterone to help with whole no libido thing. I'm hoping that means more baby dancing! It coincides with me being out of town next week for my sister's wedding so I'm hoping when I get back he'll be ready to go lol. :winkwink:

Hey ladies... sorry i have been MIA... needed some thinking time.

CONGRATS JULES!!! that is such great news!!!! Awe.. a Valentine's Baby!!

AFM- I am currently on my last day of Provera and Erythromicin... thank god... they really both have been killing me.... so countdown to AF. Should be here within 3-5 days and then getting the labwork done.

Congrats Jules! So exciting!

TWW is killer! I'm DPO 7 and going nuts. Had super sore bbs yesterday (had to take my bra off twice) and had AF-style cramping on my upper thighs/lower pelvis today, but I really think I'm just symptom spotting and/or having side effects from the Clomid. I'm also a crazy b* haha- My husband told me that I was pretty awful to him this past weekend, but I just found him to be the most irritating person that I've ever met in my life, so I couldn't help it. I like him again today (always love him haha) Has anyone had pregnancy-style symptoms as a side effect of Clomid or the trigger shot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->