PCOS and TTC #1

Thank you Jules. I'm trying to accept that I'm no longer a part of that family. My husband is my family and we'll grow our family as much as we can. It is hard to completely accept it, I feel close, but not sure if I'll ever be totally there.

I'm SOOOO excited for you!! It totally sounds like you ovulated and had great timing with bd! I look forward to your results as this cycle progresses!

Wow i feel like i wasn't here for ages when i come back to lots of news happening. Firstly Sarah, so glad to hear that those follies are growing nicely. Hope the HSG trigger goes ahead tomorrow. Was it a decision on your part to change to Femara or was the gyne the one who recommended it?

Shortcakes, have you now got your results? Sorry that you are a little lost with your cycle at the moment. I know all to well what that is like. :hugs:

Jules that is the most fantastic news! Im so happy that your body was able to ovulate without additional help. Looks like the Femara is doing wonders for you also :) hopefully all that BDing will get you that BFP!

Jules, i see you have your crosshairs back, looks like a steady rise. Im so jealous how early you ovulate. I would love that to happen to me. Glad you have been BDing despite the illness. All for a good cause hey :winkwink:

I am going to do a little :happydance: for us all as we need some good luck on this board

AFM i am cd8, had loads of cm this morning which was super strange but nothing much since. DH had his SA today (i think the process weirded him out a little, as he had to do it at the clinic) so not sure he will be up to BDing. O well i have never ovulated before cd25 so i doubt it matters for the next few days at least.

Thank you guys!:) I got solid cross hairs on my chart for the first time..usually it is dotted and changes a bunch. I am just trying to relax and just keep my mind off of it. Though, my hubby is excited and asks everyday if I feel pregnant yet. lol I have a bad sore throat since right after O...pretty sure its due to post nasal drip. I have been trying to just suck on lozenges, drink tea, and gargle w/ salt water but it's not working. Any suggestions for natural sore throat remedies? I feel fine otherwise.

Very- I understand, I could only imagine how hard it must be for you. Things will get better..I promise. I am sure there will be a little part of you that wishes things could be different, but I am happy that you have a supportive hubby to help you through it all. I am rooting for you guys!! :)

Hopefully- My hubby was a little weirded out having to do it at the clinic as well. I told him at least the doctors don't do anything to his privates like they do to mine. lol When do you find out your results?
Maybe taking the met. has something to do w/ your cm. Are you using OPK's or temping?

Solid line woo!!
Sorry the only sore throat remedy i know is warm water with honey (not hot) o and avoid dairy as the natural bacteria can actually exacerbate the soreness.

Yeah maybe it is the met, i dont normally use opk's but today i got curious and it was very negative but im only cd8 so was kinda expecting it :winkwink:

So its hcg trigger shot time tomorrow morning for me.

But nurse says I don't need another scan :wacko:

If I get pregnant this cycle will be testing 3 days before fathers day and I have an idea lol!

Sarah they must be confident that you have nice mature follicles and therefore an additional scan is unnecessary. I hope that trigger works and you get your bfp in time for fathers day :)

Hopefully- Nothing wrong with being curious about whats going on with your body. Any type of vitamin or medication can change things around.
Thanks for the tip. :) I tried tea with honey and it helped a lot for about an hour then comes back.

Sarah- So exciting!!! We are almost going through similar experiences. I am hoping it works for both of us! :) It's going to be a long few weeks. lol

I don't go in til the 15th for my blood test...but I decided to use my wondfo preg. tests just for the heck of it starting the 12th.

Hi ladies! How is everyone?
Sorry i havent checked in sooner. Been feeling extremely low after my appointment. My HyCoSy was horrid, very painful but over really quickly thank god! The results were mixed, i stupidly asked how bad my pcos was, his response was "quite bad" they also found a small cyst on my ovary but he said he wasnt worried about it (not much comfort) but on the flip side my tubes are clear which is my only saving grace.
I have had a good cry about it all as the possibility of getting pregnant just seems to be moving that little bit further away... :(
I know im probably being over dramatic but im forever reading the horror stories. I was going to wait it how and see if metformin helps by itself but i think after his comment i think i may go straight in with fertility drugs if they are offered. I am hoping that femara is an option as i would much prefer it over clomid but i dont think its offered that much in the UK so i would be unlikely to get it.
Anyway my follow up appointment is next week so i will know the next steps then. I feel these next 7 days are going to drag!!

Sorry for the long post, i am just very upset at the moment :(

Hey, sorry i haven't been around I am just going through a bit. I talked to my dr and they are putting me on progesterone to bring on my period since i am on day 51 without a period. After that i will be getting blood work on day 3 and then 4 days after ovulation (if i ovulate).

Also, put on some antibiotics for the bacteria and go from there.

I just feel very defeated.... i understand you Hope....This is really just so frustrating and depressing.

Shortcakes, i am right with you hun, they gave be provera because i was not far off a 70 day cycle. Its horrid! You keep thinking maybe just maybe it will happen and i will ovulate but you dont. (Im my case anyway) just think of the progesterone as your way of starting afresh and getting things in order. I cant tell you how much i can relate. Although I'm sure your cycles are usually shorter than mine, so at least you know you can have better cycles than this one.
Whats the next step for you?
I started spotting/bleeding today, 2 days post HyCoSy so i think (hope) its normal. I have absolutely no idea if i will ovulate anytime soon. If at all.
Fertility meds next for me is guess.

Hopefully- I am so sorry that your feeling low. :( I know it feels like pregnancy is getting further, but knowing what is going on is going to help them know what plan of action to take. I am constantly being told that PCOS is a sucky situation, but there are so many success stories out there so to keep having hope. We are always here for you to vent to and we all understand to a degree what your feeling. :hugs:

Shortcakes- :hugs: to you too. I hope that the progesterone and the antibiotics work super fast for you so you can get back on track.

I went to the fertility doctor this morning for my progesterone check and it came back low. So now I am on progesterone suppositories. My poor husband'd face was like...you put what where? lol I sure hope it doesn't take many cycles of this. I have had more doctors look at my vagina in 1 month than my whole life combined. lol

Hey Jules thanks for the words of comfort, it really does make me feel better. Sorry to hear you have low progesterone, but i must admit you story about your husband did make me chuckle. I feel the same about people seeing my nether regions. Never did i think i would have so many nurses and doctors taking a look in such a small time period!

Where are you in your cycle now?

I am glad I could help. We are in this together!!! :)

It is nuts how this has all pretty much numbed me when it comes to people seeing down there. I mean...when I first started to see the gyno. I cleaned up more down there for that appt. than for anything/anyone else because I was so weirded. Now i'm like...what the heck she looks at these all day long so as long as I maintain and am clean lets go for it. haha!

Currently I am 6dpo. I am trying so hard to symptom spot!lol It's hard because I honestly don't think I have ever ovulated or ovulated strongly so any ache or feeling has been new so I don't want to get over excited. I am keeping track of all new feelings/syptoms in my journal and on ff. I figure if this isn't the month then I have something to go off of going forward. Good news is that my doctor said that on paper everything is looking textbook with the femara (other than slightly low progesterone) so they don't see any reason that I won't be pregnant in the next few months. As much as I hated hated hated the thought of doing fertility meds and cycles, I am glad that I did because I didn't have luck with anything else. The femara honestly wasn't that bad at all so if you can push it, do it. I had no side effects or anything...I was honestly concerned because I heard of people having so many side effects with fertility medication and I felt completely normal.

Jules, i think i will get to a point where I'm not to fussed that i haven't manicured the lawn.. Haha

Glad to hear Femara is agreeing with you, I'm worried that it wont be an option for me as it seems as though its more something that is prescribed in the US and Canada than in the UK. I think its going to be Clomid they will put me on. Jules, out of interest is it PCOS you have? And how bad is it?

Well, my close friend is officially pregnant with #1. She NTNP for 5 months and then actively tried for a year, adding metformin, then clomid, and then switched to femara these last 2 cycles. She was going to see the fertility clinic when she got AF. I'm so ridiculously excited for her, but I'm also a lititle jealous. I'm sure you ladies can relate. Doesn't help that she has the same due date I did before the mc but one year later.

Hopefully- I was diagnosed with PCOS in March. I have basically everything, but the cysts. I have always had irregular cycles..BC regulated them a bit but I knew something was up. I saw my new OBGYN last summer and mentioned we were going to TTC, but my cycles were messed up. She was amazing and did every test she could. After being concerned about my elevated DHEA she referred me to an endocrinologist. I knew it was PCOS in my gut and put it off til February...even though I knew, hearing it from a doctor was a scary thought. He did more tests and of course my fears came true. I had my cry then made peace with it so I could move forward. He put me on the Metformin, but said that's all he could prescribe so I sought out a fertility Dr.and here we are.

I tried all the natural stuff over the past few years so I knew it wouldn't work. Plus things have just naturally progressed to this point and seems to be working. (Knock on wood)

I know clomid isn't always the first choice. However, I know lots of people that had success and the side effects vary from person to person. I have heard horror stories about all types of things and some of those things I have went through honestly have not been as bad as I thought or read \heard about. If that is what they suggest maybe just try a cycle.. If it sucks then you don't have to continue and if it works out then you keep going. As with any condition its about trying different things to find that perfect combination that works for you and gets you that bfp! :)

Sorry for the long post. Lol

Drjo- So sorry for your loss. I can imagine that it must be tough to deal with. :hugs: When trying so hard no matter how much you can be excited, it's only normal to feel a bit down. If you need to talk let us know.

Hey ladies. So sorry Shortcakes and Opto on your setbacks :/. I just know we'll all get pregnant if we keep working at this.

I wanted to share something very valuable with you all. I hope you consider this because it's what has helped balance my hormones enough that I get regular periods and ovulate, whereas before I wasn't getting periods, and had a ton of symptoms due to hormonal imbalance.

When I started my diet/exercise regimen I was losing weight, 20, 30, 40 lbs- still no period. I thought that was unusual because I was feeling great and had more energy than ever. While I was still researching PCOS I came across progesterone cream therapy. You do it for approximately 3 months. Each Luteal phase you are supposed to be progesterone dominant due to the corpus luteum releasing a steady amount of progesterone. If you don't ovulate or aren't getting regular periods then you are not getting regular amounts of progesterone.
It's proven to work. It's safe. It balances your hormones. It's cheaper than dr. visits and scripts.

Using the cream for fertility:

Learn more about estrogen dominance:
HERE

How progeterone cream helps with PCOS

Natpro- the progesterone cream I used, and think is one of the best through all my research.

I'm not a sales person of these products, just someone who has come a long way on this journey and done lots of research and experimenting. :)

Hi all-
Hoping I can join you guys- looking for some buddies to support and discuss this with, as it's really only my husband and mom who know what's going on.

A little on me- I'm almost 31, husband and I have been TTC since December, off BCP since September and periods never came back regularly. They were very irregular from September-Jan (between 24-42 days, but light and short) Had a super stressful life event in Jan where periods disappeared for 3 months and they never came back, so I had to go to an RE. I've also used the Wonflo ovulation strips for about 6 months straight and only ever saw one double line the day before I had my AF for my 24 day cycle (which made no sense), so we are pretty sure I wasn't ovulating on my own. All of my bloodwork has come back normal (and my husband's SA, as well) and I am on the slim side (I eat pretty clean and exercise a lot), but she diagnosed me with pco due to my terrible acne breakouts (the worst), super irregular periods, and my ultrasounds.

This month is my first on Clomid. I took Provera for 10 days to induce a period, took 50 mg of Clomid and then had to take another dose (100 mg this time) because my follicles were not maturing. I had AWFUL side effects on the 100 mg and none on the 50 mg, which was interesting. As of yesterday morning, I had one at 18 and one at 19 with good lining (yay!) and I took my trigger shot this morning. Really nervous, really excited, and wishing for a great month for everyone here- baby dust to all :)

Welcome Ray! Good luck, Fx for you this cycle. :)
:dust: lots of dust

I'm at 11 dpo. I ordered Wondfos on Amazon but they don't arrive till Thursday or Friday which is right about when AF is due or after. I also ordered matcha. Any of you tried it?

Thanks so much :) And to you!

I've never heard of matcha- what is that? (I'll google it, too haha)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->