• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PCOS and TTC #1

Hopefully- I'm so sorry your appt didn't go as planned. I hope the clomid does the trick for you!! :) Also, Thank you for the congrats! :) I am still in complete shock, but super thankful that it worked on the first cycle.

Shortcakes- I hope all goes well for your sonogram. I will keep you in my thoughts!

Sarah- I'm not sure how long the HCG shot takes to wear off, but that surely looks bfp to me!! Good luck and keep us updated!

Drjo- That is really great that Femara helped you ovulate. Fingers crossed that you get a bfp soon! :)

AFM- Nothing new. My symptoms are really mild. Just some nausea here and there. I go next Wednesday for my last ultrasound at the fertility clinic before I am discharged to go to my regular obgyn. Once I switch over I will be set up with a midwife.

Just got back from the ultrasound.. they did an internal and an external... now the waiting game until 3pm when i go meet with the dr.... fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed for you shortcakes! I hope all goes well.

Ok. So i went... the doctor said that my insulin, cholesterol and thyroid are on the high side... so he is putting me on Metformin. He thinks that this is a temporary imbalance in my system and thinks that nothing is wrong. He saw nothing on the ultrasound. He also said my reserve is perfect at a 5.34.

So i am a little relieved and now nervous about Metformin as i have heard some horror stories.... can i get details from those of you that have been on it???

Hope everyone is doing well <3

Shortcakes- I am glad that you got some information and starting the metformin.Hopefully it will even things out for you. :) I am not going to lie, the metformin can be a bit rough at first but after the first few weeks you will feel better. I had some mild stomach cramping and diarrhea for about 2 weeks. I found that eating it with yogurt in the morning helped for some crazy reason. Some perks were that I was losing weight, my cycle was a bit shorter, and my af symptoms were less mild. Good luck!!

Shortcakes- I am glad that you got some information and starting the metformin.Hopefully it will even things out for you. :) I am not going to lie, the metformin can be a bit rough at first but after the first few weeks you will feel better. I had some mild stomach cramping and diarrhea for about 2 weeks. I found that eating it with yogurt in the morning helped for some crazy reason. Some perks were that I was losing weight, my cycle was a bit shorter, and my af symptoms were less mild. Good luck!!

if you dont mind me asking how much weight did you lose in what timeframe??

I lost about 15 pounds in a month. I also made sure to eat low carb and exercise about 3 times a week.

Shortcake, glad you got some answers, its nice to hear that they only think you have a mild imbalance, hopefully the metformin will straighten that out for you.
Jules is right about metformin, it can be a little rough at first. Everyone reacts to certain foods differently on it, so you will need to find what works best for you. Make sure its low carb like jules mentioned, also ensure you take them with meals and ease your way into the full dose. I have been on them a couple of months now and they no longer upset my stomach at all really.

What dose have you been prescribed?

I havent really lost much weight but im a lean pcos lady so i dont have a massive amount to additional weight, i have probably lost about 5 pounds, whether thats the metformin or the new gym, who knows...

That is the dose I was on. :) It wasn't too bad. Let us know how everything goes!!

Hi ladies :hi:

Just wanted to tell you ladies I got to see my midwife and she confirmed me as pregnant and due on the 28th March. And she arranged for me to go up early pregnancy unit the same day to get my HCG beta's done!

3weeks and 5days was 85 and 4 weeks exactly was 207 do these sound good numbers? They want to scan me next Monday I will be 5weeks and 1 day.

It does happen girls so don't give up just yet hang in there :flower: We tried for ages and last time had a miscarriage a 5week but im nervous approaching that week again :(

SarahLou, i saw your siggy on the board so i knew you got a BFP, its such fantastic news!!
Were you taking Femara/Clomid or nothing, i cant remember what cycle you were on?

Congratulations and a H&H 9 months

Another femara success story, thats 3 now! Im not sure femara is something that my gyne prescribes so im going to hope and pray that clomid does the trick. Im starting provera tomorrow. Im cd30 and no ovulation and im getting impatient to be honest i just want to give clomid a go.
How is everyone else doing?

hoping for a opk positive soon.. i am day 15.... the line is playing games with me... blah.

Sorry I went MIA for awhile there. I did still check in a couple of times, I just didn't feel like interacting I guess. It's been a difficult summer for us financially (so baby making was last on the list) but things are starting to look up!

Congrats SarahLou!!! That's so exciting! It gives me hope that a thread full of PCOS ladies would have so many BFP's! :happydance:

So I'm on the Vitex again and it's been about 2 weeks so far. I feel like my hormones are doing something but not sure what. I've also been good about taking vitamins in general. My DH has been cleaning up his diet and I'm so proud of him and I continue to work on mine. The thing that made me come on here is how weird I've been feeling for the past few days. I've had a lot of heartburn and today I have a metallic taste in my mouth and things taste and smell off. Could that be the Vitex? We did BD on July 9th so it is slightly possible I'm pregnant but I'm having a hard time believing that since I've been burned in the past. And still no period to speak of. Have any of you ladies who have tried Vitex had those symptoms?

Oh and this morning as I was saying goodbye to DH I said, "so I'm 35 now I think it's time we got serious about baby making" and he agreed. So I'm going to make an appointment with my obgyn to talk about options. I needed to do that anyway because I haven't had a period in a year now and so something needs to happen. It's almost time to move out of Waiting to Try and into officially TTC! I'm ready!

Hey babysquash... i totally get that.. dh took a big pay cut this winter... so its killing us. Im excited that you and ur hubby are on the same page...

When i first started vitex i had a lot of heartburn! It goes away pretty quickly.

Sorry I went MIA for awhile there. I did still check in a couple of times, I just didn't feel like interacting I guess. It's been a difficult summer for us financially (so baby making was last on the list) but things are starting to look up!

Congrats SarahLou!!! That's so exciting! It gives me hope that a thread full of PCOS ladies would have so many BFP's! :happydance:

So I'm on the Vitex again and it's been about 2 weeks so far. I feel like my hormones are doing something but not sure what. I've also been good about taking vitamins in general. My DH has been cleaning up his diet and I'm so proud of him and I continue to work on mine. The thing that made me come on here is how weird I've been feeling for the past few days. I've had a lot of heartburn and today I have a metallic taste in my mouth and things taste and smell off. Could that be the Vitex? We did BD on July 9th so it is slightly possible I'm pregnant but I'm having a hard time believing that since I've been burned in the past. And still no period to speak of. Have any of you ladies who have tried Vitex had those symptoms?

Oh and this morning as I was saying goodbye to DH I said, "so I'm 35 now I think it's time we got serious about baby making" and he agreed. So I'm going to make an appointment with my obgyn to talk about options. I needed to do that anyway because I haven't had a period in a year now and so something needs to happen. It's almost time to move out of Waiting to Try and into officially TTC! I'm ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EvaAriasmom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->