Pcos buddies?

Hippie-- I wonder which post you saw... I tried it once about a year ago and decided I wasn't patient enough and just went in and was put on clomid. I tried again during this thread, but stopped because I made a cross-country move... I only did it for a few weeks. I am pretty sure I oed on my own before I started it, so I don't attribute me oing last cycle to the vitex... Will get back on a bit later... Have woken with stomach pain and just want to go back to sleep... Ugh

AJG - wow that sounds pretty impressive, ive never heard of it before (and thought i would have by now lol) i will be looking into that if i dont get a bfp whilst on the met.

Hi Hb..do you have any appt's coming up for your m/c or the pcos? After 18 months ttc I was just about being taken seriously by the nhs and was eventually refered for tests ect. I hope you get sorted, just kick up a fuss and they'll soon take notice :) Good luck taking the AC and soya - they unfortunaly didnt work for me but they seem to have lots of positive feedback.

Sending the baby fairy to everyone taking clomid this cycle!!! i really want to see a bfp or two (or more!) on this thread lol

Afm - temp a little higher today so pleased about that. Had some watery cm yesterday night and mild af cramps today..other than than not feeling anything

xx

Hey
Had a proper headach all day. Not gd. Lady i babysit for has gone into labour. So been lookin after rhe 1 n 2 yr old all day. The 3, 5 n 7 yr olds wil b back after school. Not a gd day to have a bad headach :(
Vic x

KMR- Your post was from 2011 :p But I saw the pic and I was like I KNOW HER!!! lol. I'm going to try it anyway. I doubt I will be put on Clomid right away because I don't even have a cycle here. Last know anything Nov 2011 so cycle day what? I'm sure they might do something to get me a period, but will see until I'm seen by the ob gyn.

as for my temps, up and down, up and down >.<

Hey
Had a proper headach all day. Not gd. Lady i babysit for has gone into labour. So been lookin after rhe 1 n 2 yr old all day. The 3, 5 n 7 yr olds wil b back after school. Not a gd day to have a bad headach :(
Vic x

Hey Vic, I was just looking at your chart and we are on the same cycle this month. I am CD 3 today and start Clomid tomorrow. Woo Hoo!!! Baby dust!

not ideal looking after kids when your not well - grab a hot drink and get under the blanket..this weathers shocking, loads of local places near me have flooded :/

off topic - i start college tomorrow yey lol x

Wannabump - I've had a few appointments but they won't give me any treatment as I do ovulate occasionally and have fallen pregnant on my own so they're basically leaving me to it. It's really frustrating, especially with there being a family link I've been to 2 separate doctors, as well as a gyn but still nothing :-( they just keep telling me to keep trying so fingers crossed!!
What did they eventually give you? If you have any tips please let me know. I did have 21 day bloods done, which was just my luck that I o'd the month they were taken but unfortunately did not fall pregnant. So it's just a case of keep going!!

Hayley x

Hiya hb..I was eventually prescribed metformin, i take 4x500mg a day. My ovaries were clear on a scan but my hormones were all over. I rarely ovulated on my own and have only ever had 1 pregnancy which resulted in my son who is now 7.5, we were trying for him for 18 months. When I was eventually given meds my cycles were going to 177 days, they had started out ok when i came off the pill (around 50 days) but then suddenly just stopped basically. Not sure if this has helped but thats my little story anyways :) x

Hippie-- yeah that was my first attempt with vitex! I got the tablets, and I also bought fertilitea online, which has some awesome reviews. I loved the taste of the tea... I just got impatient (and the vitex may very well have done good things by now) and I didn't want to have to take it for a few months before I saw results. I still have the tea with me here, might have to make a cup later now ;) I've read awesome things about it, and if you can find the tincture, use that because I read it takes less time to get in your system..

Hb-- I would get in to see someone else. You are very irregular, and there IS help. Just because you o occasionally on your own doesn't mean that everything is peachy. The main reason I began temping was so I could take my charts in with me as proof that things were not right... Do you charts?

Vic, wanna-- how are you ladies doing??? Wanna, what dpo? Have you tested at all?

Wannabump - my hormones are crazy, but my scan showed quite severe PCOS. They said an average ovary should have around 12 follicles, mine have in excess of 50 each. This still isn't enough for treatment though!! I am lucky apparently as I have avoided most of the side effects though, the only things that are affected are my fertility, irregular periods, infrequent ovulation and hormones. Makes me feel really lucky .....

Kmr1763 - do you think I should see another doctor? I have been with my doctor since birth and really like him, he's normally really helpful. I've heard a lot of doctors are holding back for a year due to funding, but drugs like clomid are really cheap so I don't understand it!! I was thinking of maybe going to a family planning clinic, not sure what difference this will make. My doctor is referring me back to my gyn but so far I haven't heard anything and thr was a month or so ago.
I do normally temp, but don't tend to get results very often. It's all over the place this month though because I went on holiday so my temp jumped as soon as I got there so I've gave up this month and am just hoping for the best!!

It's great to finally speak to ladies who understand what I'm going through!! x

hello ladies! How is everything and everyone on the board?

Vic - we are on the same cycle!

wanna - are you gonna test soon? fx'ed!! how's college?

Hb - I am surprised that there has been no treatment yet since you have been TTC for over a year...

AFM - start Clomid tonight. 100mg today and tomorrow and then 50mg day 6, 7, and 8. I am excited and nervous. Actually remembered to temp this morning and got 96.69. We slept with the windows open last night and it was chilly, but 96.69 seems really low for having AF right now and on CD 4. I will temp again tomorrow morning (if I remember haha).

I'd second what kmr said hb, it also occured to me that you should have checks done due to your 3 angels.
I didnt manage to temp this morning on account of i never slept a wink! Was in so much pain. made a early morning drs appt and he said it sounds like gallstones so got some strong painkillers and anti-sickness tablets. I was reading the info and both say unsure of effects in pregnancy. Im 7dpo so way to early to test. Just hope im not potentially doing any harm x

Hey Ladies,

I got my blood work form my doctor to take to the ob gyn, can you tell me what some of these tests means and levels?

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/lilhippie/IMG_0642.jpg

I took this with my ipod so I hope it's easy to read. I couldn't get the scanner to work, but I'd love to know what this means.

I would have thought I should have had some help by now, but they're argument is I fell pregnant in April on my own so that's only been just under 6 months.
I've had some regular testing done due to the miscarriages, I was tested for sticky blood which came back negative and me and oh were both tested for chromosomal abnormalities but they came back clear. I was then referred to gyn for a scan which is when PCOS was diagnosed. Do you ladies know of any other tests I should be asking for? Or anything at all I can ask for? I've went to my doctor and explained my frustrations but all they done is refer me back to gyn.

Hippiekinz - I've never seen anything like that before, mine was diagnosed on the spot and all I got was a letter to confirm which was also sent to my gp. Sorry!! Did you request this or was it just sent?

HB - I didn't request this copy. I had blood work done and my doctor called saying it was PCOS. He left the practice and my primary doctor mailed this to me to give to my new ob gyn. She said since I had the blood work done not too long ago this should be fine to give her. I'm sure the ob gyn will know what it means, I was just wondering myself.:shrug:

I would be asking for blood tests to check your progesterone after ovulation, low progesterone is (apparently) one of the main causes of m/c esp recurrent ones :( as you need it to sustain a pregnancy. Hope this helps and you get you deserved bfp soon x

Sorry hippie i cant be of much help either with the bloodwork. Silly question but have you tried googling it? Whens you ob/gyn appt? x

I would be asking for blood tests to check your progesterone after ovulation, low progesterone is (apparently) one of the main causes of m/c esp recurrent ones :( as you need it to sustain a pregnancy. Hope this helps and you get you deserved bfp soon x

Sorry hippie i cant be of much help either with the bloodwork. Silly question but have you tried googling it? Whens you ob/gyn appt? x

Hi Kate,

Yes, I tried googling, but I was more confused - lol. My ob/gyn appt is Oct 17.

hello ladies! How is everything and everyone on the board?

Vic - we are on the same cycle!

wanna - are you gonna test soon? fx'ed!! how's college?

Hb - I am surprised that there has been no treatment yet since you have been TTC for over a year...

AFM - start Clomid tonight. 100mg today and tomorrow and then 50mg day 6, 7, and 8. I am excited and nervous. Actually remembered to temp this morning and got 96.69. We slept with the windows open last night and it was chilly, but 96.69 seems really low for having AF right now and on CD 4. I will temp again tomorrow morning (if I remember haha).

Hiya capemay, i must have missed your post there!
I think im going to try and hold off for as long as i can..my last lp was only 10 days so we shall see on sun/mon :) college was fine thank you, didnt end up doing much just lots of paper work. Hope this is your cycle hun and you dont suffer too much with the side effects x

hippie - ill inbox you now with my email address as i cant see the figures very well there and have a look for you, i might not be any help - oct 17th is a while away so ill do what i can.
Hows vic? she's been quiet today, hope shes ok.

Having an early night tonight after another painkiller, still in a bit of pain :( feeling sorry for myself lol x

Hey all

Kate, chart lookin gd, wil keep eye on u lol. Wat u studyin then. N how u feelin now, u havin to have scans or anything.

Hippi, yeh im not gd at bloods either lol.

Cape, so first clmid tonite for u, gd luck, hope its ur mth.

Hb, dont sound too gd does it.

Kmr, askn kate if shes tested already ur funny lol.

Afm, 13 hrs of babysittin, im knackered, day off tomo, n then back on fri. Hope she has the baby then. Majorly busy in maternity wards here, her waters broke on tue, but sent her home wed evenin with antibiotics, shes beon induced fri. Its makn m soo broody lookin after her other kids, esp the 1 yr old gal, comin up for hugs, n restin her head on my chest, soo cute.
Day 3 of clomid, defo have a heavier, more painful af, but much shorter. Glad itsover. Have had headach all day n keepin gettin hot. But also think im gettin a cold, sore throat n stuffy. :cry:

Vic x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->