PCOS Club!

maria-yes i do! i live in cedar crest, nm and there is a BOAT LOAD of snow out here at the moment! just one of the perks of living in the mountains, i guess. :haha:

Hi everyone, hope you had a fab xmas!

Maria how are the injections going?

AF showed yesterday for me which is way too early from as I ov'd around CD15 and got AF on CD22! Its in full flow now! Im really pleased that the drilling worked and that I ov'd on my own although my LP defect is still there...I used the progesterone cream after I'd ov'd up to AF too!

Luckily I was able to get a cancellation appointment with my docs this morning and was prescribed 6 months clomid...hopefully it will work better now & correct my LP defect!!

Welcome to all the new ladies :flower:

Pinky - New Mexico sounds warm to me :haha: But then I don't know much about the US geography so I suppose it could get cold there in the mountains. Very jealous of the hot tub :haha:

Firefox - I nearly forgot the give myself the shot on Monday! Call that a relaxed state of mind :haha: I have my last shot tonight and then first scan on friday before they decide how many more injections I will need. I really hope there's some progress already - even if not, they can correct it and give me more drugs.
It does sound amazing that you ovulated on your own and Im sure Clomid will only help with things. I know someone who really improved her LP with some herbal supplements and vitamins - I think it's a B vitamin, but Im not sure which one (B6 or B12...). May be worth Googling it :winkwink:

Ive had some bad news about my granny :cry: She's had another stroke and is in intensive care at the moment :nope: Worse still is that she's abroad. So Mum and I may have to fly there at a short notice. I just hope I won't have to cancel my IUI cycle. But it would be amazing to tell her the good news - she's been paying for us every day for the last 18 months...:cry:

im new in here 2day.im 24 yrs old,ttc since jan.been diagnosed wit pcos in Nov.my gyno stared me on clomid 50mg dis month,my lmp was on the 17th,started clomid on cd2-6.went 4 scan yesterday hav 1 mature follicle.had sharp pain in right side near ovaries then later on the left.im on cd 13 2day.bd dis morning,plannin 2 again 2nyt,resting 2morow,then will try again friday.when do u tink i will O?i dnt kno any of these tings.y d pain in d side?

gals,is it possible 2 det a BFP on 1st cycle of clomid only?

Really sorry to hear about your granny Maria, I hope she can make a speedy recovery & you can give her some good news soon!!

Yeah its Vit b6 for lengthening LP, I took it before but then replaced it with a B vit complex...may switch back to the B6 on its own.

Out of interest what supplements did you take whilst you were on clomid? I think I might just take the pregnacare conception, omega 3 & b6 this cycle. All the vits etc that ive been taking in the past dont seem to have helped!!

Im slightly worried now that I might have jumped the gun by taking clomid again so soon after the surgery (rather than waiting for another natural cycle) I was certain that I'd have the same problem with my LP (if ov at all). Scared myself into asking for it at the docs, she was more than happy to give it to me tho...like you say surely it will help my LP now!?!

Fingers crossed you wont need anymore injections when you go for your scan on Friday!

I was supposed to ask the doctor about going for private treatment etc today but as usual I completely forgot when I was in there, plus I always feel like I ask too many questions or they look at me like im being hysterical so cut back on what I ask! Suppose I was just glad that she gave me the clomid! Will have to wait and see what happens I suppose, I pray it works & at least get a normal LP so that I dont have to go back!

TTC86 - sounds like you are about to ovulate. Although if you BD'ed this morning I would leave it till tomorrow morning now - sperm need time to replenish :haha: I know a couple of ladies who got pg on their first round of Clomid 50mg so Good luck :thumbup:

Firefox - I think it's brilliant that you started Clomid already. Not sure if the Doc told you but the effects of the surgery are temporary and the ovarian capsule that they drilled will grow back in a few months. That's why they recommend waiting one cycle and trying naturally after the surgery and then moving onto stimulants to improve your chances - hence you are on the right track!

Here's what Im taking: 2 capsules a day of Oil of evening Primrose+Starflower Oil (all in one), 4 capsules a day of Sage leaf - it helps bring ovulation forward and even on Clomid I don't ovulate till CD19 at the earliest; then Pregnacare Conception and Metformin.

So my DH always looks at me with such sympathy in the mornings when I have a handful of pill to take :haha:

This is the first month of sage leaf and Im waiting for my first scan to see if it's working. I think Im feeling pains in my ovaries already and it's only CD8!!

Don't worry that you haven't asked about private referral - give your body time to respond to Clomid. You can always ask about private treatment in a couple of months. Because when you do, the referral comes within a couple of weeks and you get seen right away! So it's not like you are losing time....

Thanks Maria...think you are right, its crazy how impatient I am...another natural cycle would have been a waste of time! :)

EPO doesnt effect clomid then? I wasnt sure whether to take it as I do have some I could take up to ov?

Sounds like you are responding well to the injections if you are having pains already!

Did you get on well with the clomid apart from the hyperstimulation?

Tanks maria,I do hop I OV dis month,I dnt even kno how long I havnt OV,since I've just bin diagnosed wit PCOS,I was devastated :cry: d wait every month was agony each tym I AF.

hey ladies how is every 1?
maria good luck on ure scans i hope everything is working for you already...

i was so down yesterday(about my weight) and the clomid was just adding to it. i have decided that im going to take 1 more round of it then take a break for a month on the clomid then start it again if nothing happend. yesterday was bad but we did manage to have a little fun twice yesterday *wink wink*

sma - I think all of us have days when we feel really down. Just 10 days ago I was so down I thought about going back on the Pill. :nope:
And then you pick up the pieces and kep fighting. I'm glad you and DH had a bit of fun ;)

Firefox - I dont think anything's affected Clomid in my case except for that long haul flight. That was the only cycle when I didn't ovulate. I also didn't get any major side effects except for a few hot flushes (horrible sensation!) and sever mood swings around ovulation time. I didn't connect the two at first...but my temper was just awful! I was hysterical for hours... Poor hubby! Then when it started again the 3d and 4th cycles I put the two and two together and managed it a lot better! So if you feel like killing someone (or yourself) in a couple of weeks bear in there

morning ladies

i have just been diagnosed with pcos dont really have a clue about it apart from i got to loose wieght lol
i am 22 an been ttc since march periods were regukar until oct then just stopped and haven't had one since.

i'm guessing you need periods to get preggers lol

so atm struggling to come to terms with possibly having problems trying to concieve at sucha young age....

please feel free to write to me with any thoughts and opinions just easier than finding my this post everytime lol

hope everyone is ok and look forward tto speaking to you x

morning ladies

i have just been diagnosed with pcos dont really have a clue about it apart from i got to loose wieght lol
i am 22 an been ttc since march periods were regukar until oct then just stopped and haven't had one since.

i'm guessing you need periods to get preggers lol

so atm struggling to come to terms with possibly having problems trying to concieve at sucha young age....

please feel free to write to me with any thoughts and opinions just easier than finding my this post everytime lol

hope everyone is ok and look forward tto speaking to you x

hi, wow u kinda sound like me...i was on the pill for a few months and had the depo shot once..(i had periods before that) once i stopped it my periods stopped for 8 months then i had to take progestone to get them started and gained alot of weight from it. i found out 6 months ago im IR and have pcos but dont actually have cyst on my overies its a hormonal thing i guess...i struggle with only being 22(ttc since 20) and not able to get pregnant right away....its so hard to think ure broken and dont know y....loosing weight isnt as easy as it sounds i struggle with that too.......anyways hun i wish u the very best and try to stay positive

asfm--- i looked at my app on the ipod and noticed i was off by 2 days on my last cycle. it was a 27 day cycle instead of 29 with O on cd 12. so i should be Oing in a few days if its the same as last month

Gina - welcome to the thread! It does come as a shock when they tell you the diagnosis. We've all been there so we understand.

But the most important thing to remember is that most women with PCOS go on to have healthy babies and what's more the condition often disappears after birth!

There are drugs you can take to have regular ovulation and periods. Has you Dr mentioned in to you? You DH should also have his sperm checked

Sma-would be lovely to conceive over the new years! Are you doing opk's?

I'm having my scan tomorrow so please keep your fingers crossed there are some growing follies there! Will let you know how it goes

Good Luck tomorrow Maria :)

CD9 for me and plan to start using OPK tomorrow and BD every other day. Still got the flu but feeling a bit better today so hope I feel better again tomorrow.

Happy New Year everyone, have a wonderful new years eve. Its weird to thinks it is the end of a decade!

Hey everyone... back again. Welcome to the thread millianaire.

I know I didn't get a chance to update you gals from my last post. My ovulation week was really weird... it was like my cm dried up and my boobs started getting really sore and then after a little over a day after my cm came back and my boobs were still sore but my temps went up and then down and then up again. Now they are impossibly sore. Like hope my arms don't brush them sore. But that being said I am so down and depressed these last couple of days I just feel like there is no way I could be pregnant. Blah :/

maria- yes im doing opk's i started this morning now cant wait untill i see those 2 lines again so i can get excited about it again... ugh im feeling so weak and sick today its not good.... but good luck on ure scan i hope u have some nice size eggs in there. that sounds funny

Good luck with the scan Maria! Fingers are crossed for you.

Good luck Honey and Sma with the impending ovulation.

Anyone else here in the TWW or am I on opposite schedules then everyone? lol

honey- i just realized that were on the same cycle times again i guess i forgot about it lol im trying to not think of ttc to much im cd 8 today

maria- r u still with us as far as cycle days i forgot what day every1 is again.....

common girls u better all get to BD !!!!!!!! on my little dry out last night i told OH if he really wants what i want he knows what he has to do all this week hehe and i had to make sure he knows im not using him for that lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->