PCOS Club!

thanks ladies im trying to stay positive about it all its hard but i have to work for what i want and i hope the new year brings in new hope.

maria- im glad the SA turned out good

hope u all have a good x mas...

Been super super super busy these last couple to days but I just wanted to stoP by and wish you all a very merry Christmas. So sorry to hear about AF sma but it is really good to hear that you had a 29 day cycle.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Im stuffed like a turkey :haha:

Had my second injection done today - first one at home, done by me. Although Im not at all scared of needles it was still quite nerve wrecking. DH was also quite shaken...I think both of us were really worried about getting the air out of the syringe.

So 2 more to go and then I have my first scan on NY's Eve :thumbup:

Hope everyone had a lovely day :flower:

first night of 2nd round of clomid 100 mg again!!!!!
hope i get it this cycle it would be nice to know im prego for valentines day

Merry Christmas

All so exciting for you both again, lets let this be it!!

QUESTION-
for those of you on metformin what pills r u on and has it helped with any weight loss?

i think im going to make an app with my doc 2morrow to find out about switching it to the ER so i can actually loose weight or getting a weight loss/diet pill....i just cant take being overweight anymore it bringing me down way to much and my body cant handle it

im on metformin and last time I was on it, it helped with weightloss but this time it hasnt really.

i need to loose some weight one way or another but im just trying to figure out what would be best to get the ER met. or get a good prescribed diet pill or something from my doc.

Im not sure whether the ER would have a different result although I think you do need to be on a higher dose than you are, which ER might help with

I've been on Metformin extended release 1500mg a day for about 6 months. Didn't help me lose any weight at all :nope:

I only need to lose about 10-15 pounds and am really struggling :(

I have one more injection to go and then my scan on the 31st

honey- yes i know i need to be on a higher dose i should be on 1500 but im only taking 500 because i cant handle it. so i think the ER might help with being able to take more and then i think i might be able to drop a few lbs...maybe even have a food supresent with it or something.. i hope i can get some....

maria- i need to loose 30 to 40 lbs and i would be happy. i know my doc is going to say im not that overweight because they wait until people are obese to do any thing....i think im going to fight this one though if they dont wanna do anything. im already IR so that shows right there that my body cant handle this extra weight and i just keep gaining more. i hope yours gets figured out and u can drop the weight u want to also

I hate to butt in but I am also another on Metformin and I have also had no luck with it helping me loose weight. If anything I find it easier to gain when I am taking it. Kinda sucks but my Dr wants me to take it so I feel obliged to take it.

I hate to butt in but I am also another on Metformin and I have also had no luck with it helping me loose weight. If anything I find it easier to gain when I am taking it. Kinda sucks but my Dr wants me to take it so I feel obliged to take it.
hi, thats ok i wasnt only asking a few people the more inputs i get the better it is.... when i was first on it i dropped about 3-5 lbs but then i just gained and gained...i think i gained about 10lbs since being on it... my doc hasnt even done a follow up with me or anything to find out how its going so now im going to my regular doctor to see what she says

my experience with metformin, uneventful. at first it made me sick sick sick, then just gave me bouts of heartburn. i stopped taking it last week because the heartburn was really interfering with my life. it also made me GAIN weight because i found myself eating when i was not really hungry just so i could take my pill. :shrug: i stopped taking it last week and will consult my doctor on my next appointment, which is the 6th of january.

CD 32 for me today and still no AF :confused: should start today or tomorrow, i tested yesterday :bfn: so i have no idea what's taking her so long....

ETanny - I lost a couple of pounds on Metformin and then gained more back! Grrr...because its ER I don't have have any side effects so keep taking it just in case.

Pinky - sorry about the BFN - but loving your new avatar!!! Do you have a hot tub at home?

Pcos-er here.
I've been struggling with weight and am pretty overweight now. I'm trying the GI diet and cardio this time. We'll see how that goes, metformin I've never really been fully commited t, so not sure if it was actually helping or not.

hey ladies

never sure I quite belong in here as im not on metaformin for my pcos and cant have clomid anymore but I keep checking how you are all getting on

just had to say I love your hair pinkee!

babydust to everyone x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->