PCOS Club!

Yeah the ticker is messed up. I was thinking of taking it out for now but then decided against it lol.

I am fairly certain I ovulated when I did. I had really bad O pain and all the signs like SHOW and the next day a significant temp spike and my CM turned milky/tacky again and my cervix wasn't as high. Normally I have a 12 day LP. One time I just barely made it to 13 LP and AF showed up just as it flicked over to 13 days lol. I am now 14 DPO. Still no sign of AF. Had AF style cramps but nada. Boobs are still super sore. Normally a couple days before AF they stop hurting as bad. I think I am driving myself crazy and my brain is doing this to me. Ever since I had spotting at 7DPO I have been convinced I am pregnant. Gonna be a crusher when AF does show lol.

Nice to see you again Maria! I have been missing you here. :) How are you doing?

heya girls

just come back on after about a month or so off

no further here really still not ov'ing no further with the docs yet or gyno, got another doc appt on wednesday for more bloods etc they have managed to mess up 3 sets of bloods, i hate blood tests booo lol they always have to weed around to find a vein ouchy

they are still refusing to give me anything for the pcos which i am getting very pee'd off with atm

been having abit of sickness in the morning but not sure if i'v come down with something or not, last time i was abit like that was before i had a mc about a year and a half ago. all bfns so far so who knows lol

nice to see lots of bfps for the girls here big congrats to you all ;)

on another note for the last couple of months i've been trying soy and i have been having quite strong ov pains. i know OPK's can be un-reliable with PCOS so i just bought a 50pack of ic - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Highly-Sensi...7038048&sr=8-1

sometimes i get like a shadow line also pink like the control line but very faint, it's never gotten darker though.

been looking at other peoples experiences with the same opks it seems they don't tnd to get as dark as the control line. but my issue then is that the 'shadow' line is there quite often so that could be either that they aren't working for me or i have random lutheal phase surges without actually ov'ing which i know can happen alot with pcos

do you think i should try some more expensive ones - that said i don't actually know when i ov so i could end up buying loads, or do you think i should leave it and put it down to the pcos?

Butterfly24: Did they say why they wouldn't treat you for PCOS? I had a gyno a few years back who wouldn't treat me either so I just switched docs. Sorry I don't have experience with OPKs so I have no idea.

ETA:

:cry: :cry: :cry: I just had the faintest of spotting. Guess AF will be here full force tomorrow. :(

no he just said he didnt belive in it my gp is trying go get me put on metforim for now but she's struggling as the gyno said no booo

Been out of the loop for a bit!

How's everyone doing??

I'm still trying to be patient with my pcos and cohabitate w my cbfm.
Been a loopy cycle.

sorry Jennie, are you def sure is af ? the good thing is that you have a good lp!

butterly- did you tell your docs and gyno that you are TTC? i saw that you are NTNP..I only got something with my docs when I told them I wanted TTC.

Here I am, officially joining the PCOS club. I was officially diagnosed today but I suspected I had it. I am kinda bummed because I was hoping she would say it's just stress related. She put me on metformin 500mg twice a day. We aren't quite ready for clomid as we are in the NTNP stage. I'm hoping that we will start trying by the end of the year, especially since it may take awhile. Thanks for being such a helpful/active thread!!

sorry Jennie, are you def sure is af ? the good thing is that you have a good lp!

butterly- did you tell your docs and gyno that you are TTC? i saw that you are NTNP..I only got something with my docs when I told them I wanted TTC.

yes hun they do know we have been tcc no1 for about 2 years now

why did he say no to metformin? that's so strange. I hope soy will work for you, it worked for so many ppl. I had big problems with O and only chinese medicine herbs work for me together with a bit of acupuncture..

he simply said he doesnt belive in it! how rude!

my gp told me to ask him for it again at my next appointment if he doesnt give it to be then she'll try or refer me to someone fingers crossed :)

i'm going to try accupunture and reflexology next i think ;)

Hi girls, been reading some of these posts, but don't know where to start..

I'm going to the doctors next week for blood tests...my questions are...

1. What will they be testing my blood for exactly?

I've also got to go for a 'scan' I'm sure my doctor said ultrasound but can't remember...

For all you ladies with pcos how exactly were you diagnosed and what happened once you were diagnosed? are most people given metformin first before clomid? would metformin help me to get pregnant?

Hi baby2010x,

I was diagnosed in Sept 2010. I had to go for 3 lots of blood tests, 3 months apart and a ultrasound scan to see if they could see anything on my ovaries, which they did. I then got told to go back to my doctor to be referred to the Gyno. FINALLY after ages of waiting, and pushing the doctor to help me, I now have an appointment with the Gyno on the 3rd March.
I wasn't given any medication because my doctor said that whatever he gave me, it could make the cysts on my ovaries worse so he said it's best to leave it for the Gyno to sort me out.

So you must of had a big cyst on your ovary? do you know what they tested your bloods for?

Thanks for the reply good luck to you. let me know how you get on.

To be honest, they haven't really gone into too much detail about what they saw and what my blood tests told them. They're keeping me in the dark.
Some of the other ladies on here will be able to tell you a lot more about the blood tests and medication. Sorry I don't know much.

Thank you :) I will let you know how it goes. I'm so worried they're going to say something that I don't want to hear, but hey ho, I'll cross that bridge when it comes to it :)

I never really went into details about my blood work. I know they will test your hormone levels to see if you have too much male hormone.
Will probably test your insulin levels to see if your insulin resistant. Are you doing fasting bloodwork?

as for the scan, I had an internal and external untrasound which I saw the scans afterwards. Classic polycycstic ovaries.

baby 2010- yeah the blood test is to check how your hormones level are, if they are not normal it's a sign of PCOS, with the scan they will check both of your ovaries, if you have lots of little follicles in both of them it's PCSO.
The little follicles tend to be bigger than what they should normal be.
In a perfect world, we all have follicles, one will grow into a egg and the rest disappear, with PCOS they all tend to grow a bit but none of them develop into a egg as our hormones don't function properly and we tend to have higher level of male hormones.

Clomid is one the first thing the doc gives to help you O, it stimulates ovulation, metformin is drug prescribe to people wih diabet type 2. Although you may not have diabet, PCOS ppl tend to have problems with their insulin, which why cutting sugar and food with high GI is really important.

PCSO is complex, if you have it I recommend you to have a look at this website https://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/pcos.html i will give you a lot more info.

I have had PCOS for over 14 years, you can't cure it but you can improve your life!

Thank you all for your replys. I've got my blood tests on Thursday and my letter to book a transabdominal examination. I presume this is just an external exam. I always fear the worse. :nope:

Hi baby 2010 and everyone else!

I have been diagnosed with PCOS for five years. I had a few blood tests to check my hormone levels which were raised and a scan which shows typical pcos. Came off all methods of contraception two yrs ago and only in august 2010 did i start getting natural periods but only had three since august.

I went to my dr who referred me to gyno and i had my appt on thursday, They reccomended i have lap and dye tests to check my womb ovaries and fallopian tubes and whilst they are there they will do ovarian drilling.

Seems some of the girls on hear have found it really sucessfull so i am hoping I will be aswell. Just waiting for the op date now!!

PCOS isnt very nice but there are loads of things that can be done and many women go onto have healthy pregnancys. Just a matter i time!! Or so im hoping now!!

Good luck and lots of baby dust!! xxx

PCOS seeme to be one of those things where if you have enough of the symptoms, they say you have it whatever the tests are. I dont think theres a specific test for it, however, a lot of women tend to have similar blood results, but some dont, maybe misdiagnosis i dunno

Mine was diagnosed as Im diabetic, overweight, ttc over a year, no cysts (which isnt uncommon), progesterone low and all other bloods normal.

Ive been on metformin for 4 months now and its dropped my blood sugar to 5.4 from 6.5 but apart from that no change in fertility

Hello Ladies,

I have had cysts on my ovaries for many years but was always told i did not have PCOS, my partner and i had our first FS appt the other month and she said it was likely i had PCOS as my cycles are 60+ days long and past scan showed lots of cysts she wanted to do an AMH blood test to confirm it, mine came back at 64 they class anything over 40 as high so looks like im joining you ladies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->