PCOS Club!

Hi All

Sunshine, dont worry too much about your cervix, it changes throughout the day as well as through the cycle and the position wont mean that you didnt ovulate. In general around ovulation is Soft High Open Wet (SHOW) but there are many conbinations before and after. It takes a while to get used to what is what so keep going with it!

Princess, aw chick, hope the antibiotics help you feel much better very soon and back to TTC. :hugs:

Mommy2be, you certainly arent alone, i have cysts, irregular cycles and diagnosed with PCOS but i only have very "light" other symptoms, have a tiny bit of excess weight and bad skin sometimes but not really very much. It deffo affects different people in different ways. I agree its hard when people around you fall pregnant at the drop of their knickers but we have to grin and bear it (I always have a good cry on my own, wallow in a bit of self pity and then pick myself up and put my brave face on!!) :hugs:

Ambydawn, yes chick any questions you have or just random chat just let us know, someone is usually here!!

KeepinFaith, im on my 4th clomid cycle this time too, fingers crossed it is lucky for us :dust:

xxx

Going to pick up my script of metaformin tonight.. Does anyone know if it's okay to continue taking my vitex?

Hiya

Im not 100% sure to be honest, I know ladies take metformin and clomid together but i think you need to check with your FS that its ok. You dont want to do anything counterproductive. Someone else might have experience or a different view though

:hugs:

hi Ladies, just wondered if i could join too? i suffer from PCOS and it was suspected for the last 2 years but confirmed in february. i have been ttc for 4 years now, i took clomid for just 2 months and i didnt react well. i was ready some of your symptons and i suffer with most, irregular cycles etc but i seriously struggle with my weight. im currently on hormone injections round 2. my period came at the week just 9 dpo :-(. i just wondered if anyone suffered as badly as i do at loosing weight or if anyone had any tips. my bmi is 34 and i need to get it under 30.

Hiya n41210, sorry that you have been tryng for so long with no luck. Have you tried a Low GI diet?? Ladies with PCOS have similar hormone problems as people with diabetes, hence why the diabetes drug metformin is given. Low GI diet can really help more than other diets as it balances sugars/carbs etc in the body. Try googling it there is a lot of info out there and recipes and food lists etc.

Good luck :dust:

Hi All

Sunshine, dont worry too much about your cervix, it changes throughout the day as well as through the cycle and the position wont mean that you didnt ovulate. In general around ovulation is Soft High Open Wet (SHOW) but there are many conbinations before and after. It takes a while to get used to what is what so keep going with it!

Princess, aw chick, hope the antibiotics help you feel much better very soon and back to TTC. :hugs:

Mommy2be, you certainly arent alone, i have cysts, irregular cycles and diagnosed with PCOS but i only have very "light" other symptoms, have a tiny bit of excess weight and bad skin sometimes but not really very much. It deffo affects different people in different ways. I agree its hard when people around you fall pregnant at the drop of their knickers but we have to grin and bear it (I always have a good cry on my own, wallow in a bit of self pity and then pick myself up and put my brave face on!!) :hugs:

Ambydawn, yes chick any questions you have or just random chat just let us know, someone is usually here!!

KeepinFaith, im on my 4th clomid cycle this time too, fingers crossed it is lucky for us :dust:

xxx

Fingers crossed!!! Did you start your 4th cycle already? I am on my progesterone pills to induce AF now and then clomid days 5-9, 100mg.

I'm here if you need a clomid buddy! <3

Welcome Ambydawn84, is great to have you on board !!! :thumbup:

yes, we can relate, cant always offer cures, but we will be there for eachother.:hugs:

PCOS is not the end of it all,,,,,, just a different angle of approch to the road of conception.....
Are you on any meds ?

we all here to help eachother.... :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
:kiss:
take care !

Thanks for the welcome!!! Right now I am taking some meds for high blood pressure. I have been on metformin before but didn't like the issues it gave me :wacko: However that was a few years ago before I did more research on what to eat and not eat while on it. My Dr. basically gave it to me and said to take this for possible type 2 diabetes. Now I know that if I try a low carb lifestyle (hopefully) the side effects won't be as bad... we will see how this works. I go back to the Dr. in about a month and will talk then about trying it again. Besides TTC my struggle right now is to drop some pounds so I can get off the blood pressure meds. I have been at the same weight for two years, have not gained a pound, but can't drop any either :nope:

Clobo- thanx very much I am hoping to be feeling much better soon as going on holiday a week Friday just me and my partner, leaving his son at home so just the two of us.

N41210 - I struggled really badly with my weight but I got quite Ill last year with stomach problems and lost about 3 stone in a month the docs told me I have a wheat and gluten intolerance but I suppose every cloud has a silver lining. My biggest fear was getting better and putting all the weight back on but I have stuck to a very strict wheat and gluten free diet and I now struggle to gain weight. But that is a good thing I manage to maintain my weight at between 8 and 81/2 st which my gp is happy with.
So maybe try a wheat and gluten free diet there are so many alternatives available

KeepinFaith, yes im on cd 12 now, can feel those ovaries working although i dont usually ovulate till cd 18 so starting with the :ninja::sex: now and doing it every other day!!!

Amy, i think the Low GI diet will help you, ive not heard anyone say that they didnt lose some weight on it. I try and just stick to the general rules anyway as its so easy!! Good luck :dust:

Princess, aw chick a holiday will do you the world of good, after my mc we went to Ibiza for a week of relaxing in the sun and it really worked for me!! :plane:

xxx

Clobo: Enjoy these days!!! Keep me updated, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you & sending you lots of BFP vibes!!!

Clobo-you go get it girl!!! We haven't been :sex: as much as usual due to me being sick(still), so hopefully we were still able to get the deed done :) fingers x'd for ya, we are going out of town tomorrow so I will catch up with you ladies when we get back :)

It's all so quiet...shhh...shhh :-=

How is everyone doing? Anything good happening? Any good news?

I have nothing... :( just waiting for AF to show up or it's time to go to the drs to get more Provera

Hope you ladies are all well and good :)
:hugs:

I just want to wish you girls the best of luck!! Never give up for any reason! Focus on your tries and your goal!!
After been on CD44 I got a BFP now praying for a sticky bean!
With all my heart Im sending you baby dust and my positive thoughts!!

Awww wow congratulations!! :) hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months! Fingers crossed for you!! :)

Really, really happy for you! :)
Were you on Clomid or anything? xxx

no clomid

Prenatal vitamins
B6
B12
4mg extra folic acid
METFORMIN 2x500 mg daily

I'm on Clomid, 2 x 850mg metformin daily and Provera to kick start my AF.
You're so lucky :) metformin hasn't really done anything for me really :-/ I don't get any side effects either xxx

wow!! I had diarrhea for a month!! Dry mouth /nausea!!
Crazyness!

You are the next lucky one my dear!
Good luck with your first month of Clomid !!!
You believe You achieve!!!!!!!

Hugs & lots of baby dust!!!!!!!! :)

Hiya, I'm still here but waiting as usual, hopefully I'll ovulate in a couple of days so we are :sex: every other day and hope for the best!! :baby:

Kubb, keep going chick your time will come!!

Hope everyone is ok, it has been quiet!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->