PCOS Club!

Wow courtney your cravings is weird. but that can be a good thing though.

Welcome to all the new pl.

simi- I start clomid on my next cycle. However I am stilling waiting to O. So I am not sure when that is going to be. I am going to call my doctor on day 35 and get provera called in for me if nothing happens soon. GL.

I'm going for an Ultrasound next week cos doctor thinks I have pcos, so I might be joining the club soon. I'm so scared :(

malia- I am sorry to hear that. I hope you don't have it and it turns out to be nothing at all. I will pray for you on this. You will find a lot of support here on bnb in are club. Gl hun and do keep us updated on your results I will pray for you.

malia- I am sorry to hear that. I hope you don't have it and it turns out to be nothing at all. I will pray for you on this. You will find a lot of support here on bnb in are club. Gl hun and do keep us updated on your results I will pray for you.

Thanks so much. It's so strange, my periods went from being like clockwork to having longer and longer gaps between them since about May. And I just piled on weight without any changes to my diet. I never used to get cramp either, but now when my period comes I'm in so much pain I can barely move. The doctor tested me for Celiacs Disease, an underactive Thyroid and Diabetes but that all came back negative, so now he thinks it's either PCOS or just Ovarian Cysts.

Wow that is really werid but you know I think it happens like that. One minute everything is fine and the next minute everything is wrong. At least PCOS is treatable not cureable but treatable. So hopefully they will find out what is going on and you will be back to normal. Mine did the same I had normal period every 28days like clockwork until seven years ago then one day I was like huh I am really late so I started watching it more closely and when a year went by and no period I called the doctor and thats when I was dx with PCOS.

Thanks so much. It's so strange, my periods went from being like clockwork to having longer and longer gaps between them since about May. And I just piled on weight without any changes to my diet. I never used to get cramp either, but now when my period comes I'm in so much pain I can barely move. The doctor tested me for Celiacs Disease, an underactive Thyroid and Diabetes but that all came back negative, so now he thinks it's either PCOS or just Ovarian Cysts.

Same thing happened with me! I stopped BC and my periods were like clockwork for a few months and then I started gaining alot of weight despite still running 5K every other day and not changing my diet (I've put on 15 pounds since I stopped BC :cry:) and my periods just stopped coming.

Fingers crossed for you that it's not PCOS...but if it is there are alot of options out there and you'll have alot of support here on BnB :hugs:

Malia - welcome to the thread!

Like Lady - I also gained about 10-12 pounds since stopping the pill - very very suddenly. And now have great difficulty in shifting them :growlmad:

I craved in and did a test - BFN of course :dohh: What else could I have expected??!!

Courtney - how are you doing?

Lady - any symptoms for you yet?

I've had a few symptoms but truthfully they aren't that much different from my normal pre-menstrual symptoms so I'm not getting my hopes up.

So far the symptoms are:
-cramps, like AF is on her way. They are very low and sometimes quite strong.
-fatigue, but only in the mornings. I spend the first three or four hours in work trying not to fall asleep at my desk!
-white CM and lots of it
-last night I had heartburn when I laid down in bed. I'd never had heartburn before...I had to look up the symptoms :wacko:

So yeah, except for the heartburn this is pretty normal for me. I'm trying not to read too much into it. I may test on Monday if AF doesn't show up by then.

Hi girls,

I just had my progesterone results back - 46.1. I only spoke to the surgery's reception so she didn't really know what it meant but said that Dr's comments were "normal".

Does that mean anything? good, bad, indifferent?

I am thinking it confirms ovulation, but is there a range for say minimum progesterone levels and how does my result comapre?

If anyone knows, Id really appreciate your help!!!

im not 100 % but isnt anything over 30 considered as that u've O'd! dont qoute me tho im sure thats wat the obgyn told me!

girls - i need to know ur thoughts, i was talking to a girl in work today who has pcos and she said that i should go private for a consultation if im not happy with my gyn!
He had given me metformin and from wat he said yest he wont give me clomid for a long while. I dont believe this will help me to O without the help of clomid, its drivin me bokers!! wat do u think??xx

Hello all. Cn I join ? I have pcos. Metforim can be powerful enough on its own to make u ovulate and give good eggs...

Hi girls,

I just had my progesterone results back - 46.1. I only spoke to the surgery's reception so she didn't really know what it meant but said that Dr's comments were "normal".

Does that mean anything? good, bad, indifferent?

I am thinking it confirms ovulation, but is there a range for say minimum progesterone levels and how does my result comapre?

If anyone knows, Id really appreciate your help!!!

You definitely ovulated. Anything over 15 ng/ml on a medicated cycle at 7dpo means you O'd. So this means that you had a good O :happydance:

As for how I am doing, I too took a test this morning :blush: I, of course, got a BFN. My breasts are back to being super sore and my cramps are back again too. My temp is still up and high above my coverline :happydance:

For some reason, I get the feeling that I will not be that disappointed if I am not pregnant this cycle. Does that mean that I am meant to do another cycle? Or maybe I subliminally wish to do another cycle because the next one has an even higher chance of multiples? I just don't understand why I seem so relaxed this cycle compared to others :shrug:

Courtney, in the UK they use different units of measurements. mine is in nmol/ml which is 3 times more than ng. Hence I only just ovulated :shrug:

Courtney I also don't know how I'm feeling this cycle. I'm am just happy Clomid worked but I can't deny I'll be disappointed if it's a BFn...

Courtney, in the UK they use different units of measurements. mine is in nmol/ml which is 3 times more than ng. Hence I only just ovulated :shrug:

Courtney I also don't know how I'm feeling this cycle. I'm am just happy Clomid worked but I can't deny I'll be disappointed if it's a BFn...

Well if that is the case, then you are still over 15 ng....barely, but still over. It calculates out to 15.3666 so it looks like you had a decent O for a medicated cycle.

All of this is making me wish I had gotten my progesterone checked now :( I am so mad because I want to know! I know that I ovulated since my temps are up, but I want to make sure they are up high enough and I guess I just want to know for the sake of knowing :dohh:

Well, here's to me and 4 more days waiting to do another pregnancy test :wine:

Oh, YAY Courtney :flower: Really hope the wicked witch stays away for you!! It would be awsome to be bump buddies :happydance:

Im kind of glad I had my progesterone done but now obviously Im just mildly worried that it's not as high as it could have been. Basically, there's no end to my worries :dohh:

I did another test today - Big Fat NEGATIVE :growlmad: Will leave it until the weekend now and see what my temp does. So far it's been really weird- it's been going up ever since 5DPO :shrug:

Oh, YAY Courtney :flower: Really hope the wicked witch stays away for you!! It would be awsome to be bump buddies :happydance:

Im kind of glad I had my progesterone done but now obviously Im just mildly worried that it's not as high as it could have been. Basically, there's no end to my worries :dohh:

I did another test today - Big Fat NEGATIVE :growlmad: Will leave it until the weekend now and see what my temp does. So far it's been really weird- it's been going up ever since 5DPO :shrug:

Well if my temp this morning is any indication of if I am pregnant or not, then I am definitely out this cycle. I am going to put my chart back in my signature so that you can see my temp drop. It went from being quite high, down to my coverline! I was slightly cold this morning, but not THAT cold :huh:

I did a test this morning as well and got a BFN of course :blush:. I couldn't help myself...the FRERs were calling to me from the cabinet! I think I'm technically 8DPO and I'm trying to convince myself not to test again until next Wednesday if AF doesn't show up.

Courtney--I feel the same too! Like I wouldn't be disappointed for some reason if we didn't fall pregnant this cycle. I don't know why though :shrug:. I think I'm just happy that I have a diagnosis and that I'm able to do something about it. I haven't heard back from the doctor though so I don't know what my progesterone levels are.

Courtney and Maria--fingers crossed for you guys! It would be awesome to all get BFPs this cycle! :happydance:

Courtney - I'm thinking implantation dip!!! It can happen as late as 12DPO!!! My cervix also feels hard and low :( so we are similar there.

Lady - it's horrible seeing the BFN, right? I spend about 15 minutes trying to "find" a shade of a line!!! Lol!

Yes, it would be absolutely amazing to all get bfp's. But like you say we know what's wrong and we all ovulated on Clomid - that's brilliant already!!!

Great news about all the ovulations going on, I will keep my fingers crossed for you all. :thumbup:

Hubby and I were talking last night about our baby situation and were thinking of doing the following

6 months of just metformin, which will take us up to Dec 2010
6 months of Metformin and Soy, takes us up to June 2011 and then go back to the docs to see if we can get clomid

Do you all think this is a good plan of action? baring in mind that my current contract at work runs out in Dec so I will have to either temp of find another perm ASAP

What do you all think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->