PCOS Club!

i think i think i think i really am going to O this cycle and shorter cd then last cycle. i had the sticky,kinda cloudy cm yesterday and today its more of a clear and getting more streatchy today so within i few days maybe i will be O-ing. last cycle was 38 days this time i have no clue how long it will be but im on cd 13(?) i think. it would be great if i have a 28 day cycle and O on cd 14 like normal people lol

SMA - Ill keep fingers crossed for you! I had a ton of ewcm - honestly on the saturday before my ov on sunday night it felt like a whole raw egg came out :blush::dohh:

R&G - I was on just metformin for 3 months but it did nothing for me. I was not getting periods at all on Metformin. So I started Clomid after 3 months. Can you not get Clomid, hun?

well i hope i get it like that maria that would be kinda nice atleast i would know 100% that im o-ing.

R&G- sounds like a good plan, give the metformin time to work. between the soy and met. i had my cycle come back on its own last cycle after jump starting it the first month on met with provera. i THINK im going to O on my own again too. i have to say i do like the soy with the met. we r also giving it 6 months before we go down to have a SA done so i can get clomid or whatever

Courtney - I'm thinking implantation dip!!! It can happen as late as 12DPO!!! My cervix also feels hard and low :( so we are similar there.

Lady - it's horrible seeing the BFN, right? I spend about 15 minutes trying to "find" a shade of a line!!! Lol!

Yes, it would be absolutely amazing to all get bfp's. But like you say we know what's wrong and we all ovulated on Clomid - that's brilliant already!!!

If this is an implantation dip, then it is one whopper of an implantation dip. I can't believe how low it dipped this morning! Let's hope that my temp spikes just as far, or further, back up. I can't wait to go to :sleep: just so that I can wake up :haha:

R&G - I was on just metformin for 3 months but it did nothing for me. I was not getting periods at all on Metformin. So I started Clomid after 3 months. Can you not get Clomid, hun?

Maria, I can get clomid but my FS wants me to have a bmi of below 35 :cry:

R&G- sounds like a good plan, give the metformin time to work. between the soy and met. i had my cycle come back on its own last cycle after jump starting it the first month on met with provera. i THINK im going to O on my own again too. i have to say i do like the soy with the met. we r also giving it 6 months before we go down to have a SA done so i can get clomid or whatever

SMA, My periods have already come back with the help of the metformin :happydance: so my next step if to see if I can ovualte on my own or with the help of the soy tablets and then go back to my fs to get the clomind as she will only give me three months

But I have some good news, I read my stars for this month, check this out :thumbup:

If you are attached but have not been able to conceive a baby, Pluto will help with that too after September 14 From then until April 2011, your chances of a pregnancy will improve (whether you are the one to carry the baby or are the woman's partner), so keep those dates in mind.

14th of Sept is my birthday and what a great birthday present to myself if I ovulated :happydance:

Hi Ladies,
I've not been on for awhile cos I've been having a really hard time. If I'm honest I'm really depressed. Our ICSI cycle was a BFN in August and we don't have the money to pay for another cycle without saving. My FS wont give me clomid but gave me metformin to try until we can afford to pay for another cycle. To top it all off my sister in law has announced she's pregnant. I feel such a cow. I've said congratulations but it's absolutely killing me. I'm not coping with everything at all :sad2::sad2::sad2:

Well, going by the last two temps and the spotting, I am out. I think AF is on her way in the next few hours or tomorrow. Oh well, I guess there is always next cycle.

ACLIO--:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Courtney--I hope it's not AF! It's not over until she shows up! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!!

Courtney - if it as af then still try to look at the positives - Clomid worked, you ovulated and had a decent luteal phase!!! And next cycle there's an even greater chance of twins :happydance: Will you be starting Clomid again for next cycle?

Lady - have you tested yet? I have - BFN. So Im pretty sure Im out too this month. But...I am really really happy Clomid worked first cycle and I ovulated :thumbup:

ACLIO - why wouldn't your FS prescribe you Clomid? So sorry you are feeling down :hugs: I think most of us on here go through phases of regular depression. I know I do. And it also kills me to find out about others' pregnancies. I know it's mean and horrible but I can't help it :cry:

Maria--I tested yesterday (8DPO) and got a BFN. So I'm not going to test until next Tuesday or Wednesday (around 14DPO). I don't really have any out of the ordinary symptoms so I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Do you think I can request an HSG test?

When I first went in for testing my doctor said that they usually do an HSG test and a SA before starting Clomid. However, when she realized I was self pay she said she'd hold off on those tests because in addition to the other tests she wanted to do to confirm PCOS it would be a lot of money. I didn't get a chance to tell her that money wasn't an obstacle because although we are self-pay we have insurance we just have to file it ourselves and we don't have a problem paying the bills up front.

So if we didn't get PG this cycle I was wondering if I could ask my doctor about getting that HSG test done if I explain the self pay/insurance thing?

And if I get the HSG do you know when (as in which part of the cycle) the test is usually done?

Lady - I don't have any symptoms either so Im in the same boat. The only thing I can think of is extra acne (nice :growlmad:) and feeling hungry all the time. But for me it's a sign of PMS.

I have a total of 3 tests left - one for each day until Monday. If there's no BFP by Monday I know Im out. I guess my BBT will start to drop too.

As to HSG - I think if money is not a problem I would do it. I had it done on the insurance back in June to confirm tubes were fine.
Has your hubby had SA? Mine hasn't :cry: We want to do all those other tests on the NHS and won't qualify for them until October.

Good thing is we are going to California in 10 days for 2 weeks and when we are back we can pretty much go and register for the NHS free fertility tests, including SA :thumbup:

I've changed my mind. I'm going to go to the store and buy a pack of three FRERs and I'm going to test tomorrow (10DPO), Monday (12DPO) and Wednesday (14DPO). Hopefully I'll have an answer by Wednesday on whether we caught the egg or not.

I think I will request a HSG but probably won't until my third cycle because I just heard from DH that he has a work trip planned for right smack in the middle of BDing time for our next cycle :cry:.

No, DH has not had a SA test. But he's been informed that if we don't get PG by our third cycle of Clomid that he's going to have to do it :haha:

I holiday in California sounds nice, Maria! DH and I visited last year and spent a few days in San Francisco and then a week in Napa and Sonoma...it was really nice!

We are going to Napa!! :happydance: And already booked a tasting tour - would be a shame to waste that if I was pregnant :dohh:

Great! Ill be testing tomorrow too and will post before you wake up. Will then wait for your result. Timewise it sounds like we'll be following in each others footsteps!

Anyone else about to test ladies?

Courtney - has af got you?

sma - any more news on that eggy?

well i had a few little twinges from both sides last night buit mostly my left side....had my right last cycle. still have the streatchy clear cm just waiting for it to increase, it should be any time now i hope. we have all bases coverd though ....every other night untill the last few days its been every night!

i thought about something last night when i couldnt sleep.........

i have read alot of sites and heard it from alot of people that you should BD every other day but around O time should BD every day to increase your chances because its supposed to increase the sperm or whatever....right? y is it that on your most fertile days you should BD every day if the sperm doesnt have time to build up, wouldnt it make more since to stay with every other day that way atleast the sperm can meet the egg when it pops other than having less mobile or less sperm not make it to it at all? am i crazy for thinking this or over thinking it lol?

well i had a few little twinges from both sides last night buit mostly my left side....had my right last cycle. still have the streatchy clear cm just waiting for it to increase, it should be any time now i hope. we have all bases coverd though ....every other night untill the last few days its been every night!

i thought about something last night when i couldnt sleep.........

i have read alot of sites and heard it from alot of people that you should BD every other day but around O time should BD every day to increase your chances because its supposed to increase the sperm or whatever....right? y is it that on your most fertile days you should BD every day if the sperm doesnt have time to build up, wouldnt it make more since to stay with every other day that way atleast the sperm can meet the egg when it pops other than having less mobile or less sperm not make it to it at all? am i crazy for thinking this or over thinking it lol?

When my doctor prescribed me Clomid she did say to just BD every other day for a week and that's what we did, except for one day where we did BD an extra time. I think every day is fine as long as you know that your SO doesn't have any sperm problems? And I guess if you don't know if there is a sperm problem then BDing every other day is a better bet? I'm just spitballing here though... :haha:

:witch: got me

So I just can't believe how quick my temp dropped and how fast AF followed! But I had an exactly 28 day cycle :happydance: Bad thing is that my luteal phase was only 11 days :nope: That worries me.

I'll be starting my next round of Clomid on Sunday. I am now going to be trying 150mg for the first time. I hope my side effects are not too much worse. I already suffer from headaches and hot flashes on 100mg.

Btw, why am I not heartbroken like any other cycle?

lady- that makes since but i wonder y everything says to bd every other day but every day around O time. im still not getting that part.........hmmm maybe im just thinking about it too much

courtney...sorry to hear the witch got you...good to hear ure at 28 days now,just the LP needs a little work maybe with the clomid again it will brig it to where its supposed to be.....off to a new start and good luck

forgot to mention- i was watching that show "i didnt know i was pregnant" and it was one on women wih pcos who didnt think they could get pregnant and they did with out knowing it. so that gave me a little hope to things working them self out and getting preg.

:witch: got me

So I just can't believe how quick my temp dropped and how fast AF followed! But I had an exactly 28 day cycle :happydance: Bad thing is that my luteal phase was only 11 days :nope: That worries me.

I'll be starting my next round of Clomid on Sunday. I am now going to be trying 150mg for the first time. I hope my side effects are not too much worse. I already suffer from headaches and hot flashes on 100mg.

Btw, why am I not heartbroken like any other cycle?

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Sorry the witch got you, Courtney!

Courtney-sorry the bit h got you, honey. 11 days isn't too bad for luteal phase, anything longer than 10 days is ok. It's so good that you are quite upbeat about it all. You had a perfect cycle, you o ulster and you'll be getting another chance to conceive in about 3 weeks!!! Best of luck to you and hubby, chick:hugs:

Sma- I always heard that even if a man has perfect SA it takes 48 hours for sperms to get to perfect condition... But then loads of people catch bd'ing every day!

Lady - best of luck for tomorrow!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->