• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PCOS Club!

You could try electrolysis - it zaps the follicle and the hair stops growing there (I think!)

I shave with an intuition razor.... Everyday.. Now I don't shave ALL over (you will have a problem then! ) If the hair is white I don't touch it.. BUT I do have black thick hair under my chin(upper lip too) so I shave it. I'm really happy with results.

thankyou for the advice :winkwink: my mate has had that laser removel done on her legs and under her arms, she is well impressed with the results, its a bit pricey tho i think :nope:
not fair really is it, DH says he doesnt notice, shows how often he gazes at me then lol :paper:

Electrolysis is way cheaper than laser - I just looked it up and it can be around a tenner for 10 minutes. Zap that facefur!!

I just whiz my little 'tache with my electric shaver :blush:

the stripless wax can hurt.....but i find plucking my upper lip more painful.
with waxing is on pull, it hurts for a minute and its over......with plucking it hurts me the enitre time....and I have trouble plucking some of the hairs, especially close to my nose.

With waxing, I have no option but to pull it off LOL

I hate the hair to I usually get it waxed off. But it hurts like the dickens. I got Af today. I hate when she shows up. Plus she is early by a couple of days. I guess I should happy that I even seen her. Most of the time she is MIA but not for the last several months maybe four of five she has come just at werid times. There is no real pattern to them it is confusing.

i shave or wax the tache and pluck the chin hairs. i get 2 types - long fine downy ones that i have taken to just ripping out absent mindedly while i am watching telly, and thick black ones that i tweeze every couple of days to keep them clear. i don't do beard....

I have had to shave the thick ones. My endocrinologist has given me vaniqa cream which is supposed to stop the hair growing I haven't used it yet as I wanted to check if icould use it anywhere?! X

I use jolean which bleeches the hair and then when I start to get a shadow on my upper lip I wax it off.

i find myself sitting there pulling hairs from my chin with my nails as they get so annoying, but then i clock myself doing it and wonder what peole must think if they see me :blush:
bet its like watching someone pick their nose :haha:
might look into that electrolysis then because im a bit mard when it comes to pain and to be honest they grow so quick now. thanks for sharing ladies x

i find myself sitting there pulling hairs from my chin with my nails as they get so annoying, but then i clock myself doing it and wonder what peole must think if they see me :blush:
bet its like watching someone pick their nose :haha:
might look into that electrolysis then because im a bit mard when it comes to pain and to be honest they grow so quick now. thanks for sharing ladies x

I have tried this before.....then I just end up curling them LOL

Just started ttc & I've already been dx w/ pcos several years ago actually dx myself dr said o all those little cysts are nothing to worry bout ya sure maybe not then well it's time now for me and my husband to start tttc and let's hope all those cysts don't hinder the process any advice would be great from you girls I'll take anything I can get, I've lost 10 pounds and trying to loose more I know that's always good to loose weight while ttc but any other helpful info I'm all ears !!!!
Thank u

Hello Mandy
I am in the same boat as you. I am taking PGX fiber it is an all natural form of Metforim which is given to Patients with PCOS to help regulate insulin levels which in turn helps with Ovulation and regulate periods. I am not sure about all the symtops you have from PCOS but my herblist told me to address each one and then in turn you will address the hole. This is what I have been doing.

My symptoms are Orr weight by about 15-20 pounds 15 on a good day lol, both ovaries are covered with little cyst and that's about it. Not sure if I ovulate cause the month of June I only did bbt and it said I did but not to sure how relaiable it was cause i truly didn't know what I was doing an I was measuring my temp by mouth not vaginally so this month I'm gunna buy an opk, so PGX is totally safe ? And if my blood work was all normal would I need that?

O btw I had glucose testing the blood work and it was normal?

Yes hun My btw was normal as well. Here is the deal with PCOS it is a hormonal problem. The cyct on your ovarys are cause by the hormonal problems. Yes PGX is safe I have done a tone of research on it and my herblist that my OBGYN sent me to told me about it. It helps with weight lose and helps with the insulin hormone level to keep your cyst down and you staying regular. I hope this helps there are some other things you can try as well. I would do research according to your symptons and go from there.

See with me I have had PCOS for five years. I have over weight, liver problems, acne, hairstum, irregular periods, No Ovulation, painful periods (when they come), etc. I guess you can say I have a little of everything. I would start and address the symptoms them selfes and go from there.

Here is a website that I use a lot. www.Natural-Hormone-Health.com

All though there are plenty of web sites this is only one. If you google how to treat PCOS naturally you will find great web sites with lots of info on them that might help you.

Redrose27,
Thank you so much ! I will dif look up that site and this is all new to me so all your help and info is great ! I'm going to do some more research and educate my self as much as possible on pcos because it never seems like the obgyn gives u any answers and they never spend much time with you in the rooms my dr actuAlly scared me to death my last visit he saw an "abnormal" cyst so he sent me to get a CA125 which is a blood test to screen for ovarian cancer it was negative thank god ! All my blood work is normal tsh cholesterol all normAl so my dr seems to think if I lost some weight they will go away any body elses dr tell you that ?

I think I will look into the PGX.....I think I may have seen them at my Inlaws house on the weekend actually.

How are people doing today?
I have been feeling kinda nauseous the last few nights and have been fine all day till now.
I am hoping its a good sign since it was last time for me

Hi ...girls...can i join...i was diagnosed with pcos this week though i have long suspected that it is the reason for my excessive hair,depression ,acne and weight gain.Its so hard to keep it all under control.Oh lord the everyday drill...!!!:dohh:OH & I are clashin more often.All this diagnosis is getting to us.

Anyone with low count/morph/motility too alongwith PCOS.

HIiiiiii NG....finally gathered up the courage to join here...i knw GI diet works for pcos.What do u do??

Im trying SOY this cycle.Anyone else experimenting with tht too.Doc wont put me on clomid cos she says with the low SA ,it will be a waste.I really dont know what to believe or trust anymore.

I do believe that some people are just lucky.They get everything they want.Even children!!!

Hi ...girls...can i join...i was diagnosed with pcos this week though i have long suspected that it is the reason for my excessive hair,depression ,acne and weight gain.Its so hard to keep it all under control.Oh lord the everyday drill...!!!:dohh:OH & I are clashin more often.All this diagnosis is getting to us.

Anyone with low count/morph/motility too alongwith PCOS.

HIiiiiii NG....finally gathered up the courage to join here...i knw GI diet works for pcos.What do u do??

Im trying SOY this cycle.Anyone else experimenting with tht too.Doc wont put me on clomid cos she says with the low SA ,it will be a waste.I really dont know what to believe or trust anymore.

I do believe that some people are just lucky.They get everything they want.Even children!!!

:wave:jwelmel
I bought a book (https://www.gidiet.com/) about it and have just been following the diet. Really its not much of a diet but focuses more on healthy eating, and eating the right kind of carbs.
Foods are red light, yellow light, and green light and you want to eat the green light ones.

I have tried soy twice and it didnt work for me :(
the first cycle I tried and I didnt O (74 day cycle)
second cycle I spotted for the entire cycle. Both these were before I knew I had PCOS.

I have no idea if DH has issues. He is supposed to go to his doctors and ask about it (and tell them that my doctor requests it) but sometimes its like pulling teeth. He has to go for other things too so I am not sure why he puts it off (but he does that with many things lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->