PCOS Club!

Welcome to all the new ladies :flower:

Bad news from me Im afraid :cry: As I suspected my follicles turned into cysts and are causing me a lot of pain right now. The Dr didn't seem too bothered and just told me to come back for another scan next week.
I am heartbroken and spent the entire night in tears :cry:

I did get a strong positive OPK last night though - too little and too late though:cry:

I have no idea what to expect now. If I haven't ovulated Im assuming I won't have a period - so what will happen with the cysts? Of course I made the mistake of goolging it and now am quite petrified. Im sat here at work not being able to concentrate....

Girls - if anyone had cysts on Clomid - what happened to them?

oh no maria im sorry i hope things get worked out and you feel better soon

So sorry to hear about your cyst Maria. I know this is probably little relief but if it was something serious I would think the doctor would have taken extra steps. Sorry to hear you are in a lot of pain. Hopefully next weeks scan has a better result.

Oh Maria :cry: I am so sorry to hear that hun :hugs: There is no chance that they were just late in releasing? For your sake I hope the Dr was wrong. I mean, your temp went up this morning. Was it because you didn't get any sleep last night? Or could it be delayed O?

As far as the cysts go, I have had them and they have all just reabsorbed. I had them last cycle; they weren't as big as yours might be, but they were gone by the beginning of this cycle. I did experience a lot of pelvic pain until I finally got some Prometrium to start a new cycle. I also had a few cysts a couple of years back and the same thing happened. I had a lot of pelvic discomfort and then I got AF. They seemed to have reabsorbed that time too.

Hi All! I'm new here, I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS, started charting, and am going to start NTNP in Jan, and TTC in March. I've been so discouraged by some of the info I've read online, and would love to be part of your supportive group. Sometimes all the facebook pregnancy and baby announcements can be difficult when you are trying to conceive and know there are issues preventing it!

Thanks so much for your support, ladies :flower:

Courtney - I don't know what to think :shrug: Yesterday I was convinced Id have to go to ER because of the pain. I mean, it hurt to sneeze, to cough to even pee!!! It was REALLY painful.
And I was still getting positive OPKs during the first part of the day. Then they were getting lighter and lighter - I did 4 alltogether :dohh:

This morning - NOTHING! No discomfort at all! But I think my nipples are beginning to get sensitive - although Im not sure if it's from squeezing them too much :blush:

I have an appointment with my GP on Monday and I will ask for a blood test to check progesterone levels. Trouble is that with all that pain we only BDed wednesday night and this morning...not enough I don't think :nope:

How are you? How are the boobs?

Welcome TTC319!!!

Maria- I'm hoping that you ovulated. I have read that it is still possible to ovulate when you have cysts. And with you having a +OPK and a temp shift, I think you may have actually ovulated. Just curious though. How do they know that they were cysts? Did they look different?

As for me, I am doing well. I got my progesterone test result back and it was good. My level was at 21.4 and confirmed O :happydance: My breasts are still sensitive and I am still tired, but I had this the last time O was suspected; so I am trying not to read too much into it. Also I had some super horrible nausea and vomiting yesterday, however, I started taking Zoloft again and I remember one of the side effects that I suffered from the last time was nausea. I didn't take it last night and I am feeling much better this morning. I still have a bit of nausea and some heartburn, but it is nowhere near as bad as yesterday. Oh and I also had some really strong twinges in my pelvic area for a few seconds yesterday, but nothing since. They were actually strong enough to make me stop what I was doing and rest. I don't know what those were about :shrug:

TTC319- Welcome to the thread :hugs: I completely understand what you are talking about with the pregnancy announcements. They are so heartbreaking and discouraging :cry:

Courtney - my fingers are crossed for both you and maria this month (even though maria the DR thought they were cysts i hope they were wrong for you :hugs:

Welcome ttc3 to the site, your more than welcome.
How is everyone~? xxx

hi ladies

taken my first metformin tablet today so pretty cautious really... weightloss is coming along but still very hard especially when the oh has bought lots of goodies! Im sure 1 or 2 haribos cnt be too bad lol xx

hope your all ok x

Drakey - I also find it hard sticking to a diet when hubby loves all things sweet! But he now got the point and we don't have anything sweet at home. At work I just take lots of fruit and nuts to avoid having to buy chocolate to snack. Im not really overweight but have horrible acne from PCOS and sugar does make them worse :cry:

Are you on extended release Met? Hope you don't develop any side effects!!

Courtney - it could go either way, couldn't it?! It's so frustrating that PMS and pregnancy symptoms are so similar :shrug: Not long left till you find out though. And that progesterone level is fab :thumbup:

Im keeping everything crossed for you! But if you do need IUI, we might be buddies :winkwink: We are planning an IUI cycle for January.

When the sonographer was scanning me she said the right ovary "most likely" has a cyst, it was 28mm in size. But then she said the left ovary looked very much like a follie waiting to burst. Then, half an hour after the scan I got positive OPKs and ovulated the following night - so about 24 hours later.

So I think until I get my progesterone back it's hard to judge.

not sure what u mean about slow release? im just takin 500mg twice a day at the moment then 850mg twice a day in months 2 to 6. i hope i dnt hv n e side effects either! xxx

Goodluck Drakey :) There is a Metformin club as well so make sure you come in and say hi.

Good luck on the ovulation Maria!

How long in general does it take to get progesterone tests back? Anyone have any idea? I had mine done on Nov 3rd and I was told it would take about 14 days for my doc to get the results. That seemed like a long time to me. :(

Last time I had progesterone test done it came back in 2 days!

But it depends on how far your lab is and how much they have to do. 14 days does sound too long though...

Darkey - there is a different type of Metformin, called extended release. It tends to have less nasty side effects that regular Met

Sweet - my prog test comes back within about 2days also :nope: i think you should call about 7days after it was taken and ask then ;) good luck i hope all goes well for you.

Maria - good luck huni on your O. It deffinatly sounds like you have O'd and my fingers are crossed for you to have caught that eggy :) xxx

Jennie- 14 days seems far too long. By then, you would pretty much know if you ovulated or not because you should have started a new cycle or tested positive already. So I would think the test would be a waste of time to get done if that were the case. And I would also assume that the Dr. ordering the test would realize that too and not order it :shrug: For your sanity, I hope that the 14 days was a worst case scenario estimate.

Maria- I think you really did ovulate. It is possible to ovulate with a follicle that is 28mm and the left side sounded promising too. So if one didn't release, the other one had to have. I believe that your ovulation date was Nov. 4th which was CD14 for you because of the temp rise CD15. I can only assume that you ovulated that evening since you got a positive that day and most of the next morning. Your positive on CD15 was most likely due to your LH surge on it's way down. Hence, your tests getting lighter as the day went on. I may be premature but...congrats on finally ovulating :happydance: And just to let you know, I think your BD timing was awesome with O being CD14 and you BD'ing CD13 :thumbup: I hope you don't have to wait too long to get your results back to confirm O :hugs:

I think I will test tomorrow. I'll only be 11dpo, but it is still possible to get a BFP that early if I were pregnant (Lady did :blush:). I only have an 11 day luteal phase anyway, so I should test tomorrow even though they told me to wait until Tuesday. I am supposed to wait until then because I'll be 15 days past taking the shot. But I have already found out that the shot is out of my system, so I shouldn't have to wait right :shrug: Oh well...here's to seeing what tomorrow will bring :wine:

Courtney - I have everything crossed for you!!! Please, God, let you have a BFP! You deserve it so much :hugs: And then in about 10 days please let me be your bump buddy :blush:

I do believe I ovulated and FF recalculated my date to CD14 - so Courtney, you are better than any fertility site or a Dr :haha:

I can't touch my nipples anymore and I had another temp rise this morning :happydance:

Still have a bit of cramping down there so may be one of the cysts is still hanging around :growlmad: Oh well, it's certainly not uncomfrotable so Im not complaining :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->