PCOS Club!

hey ladies,

I got a really strong positive OPK today on an ic cheapie. Im only CD9...so not too sure if it's still Clomid affecting the result :shrug: I have my scan on Monday so I guess Ill know for sure then. I can't wait now :happydance:

I REALLY hope this is our month!!

Hey girls, sorry i havnt been on in a while we have been really busy buying a house! Very exciting! I am 18 DPO and i have been testing getting negatives but this morning i got a :bfp: Hope it sticks, this was my third round on clomid 100 mg it seems to be working for alot of people. I have never been pregnant before so hopefully it sticks it took forever to show up....Good luck girls :thumbup:

Donicaan - aw thats brilliant hun :) congratulations... thank you for the good luck too.

congratulations maria on your positive OPK, soak that feeling up it is the best! x

So it got a little quiet on here :shrug:

How is everyone doing? Did you all have a happy Halloween?

I had a lot of fun handing out candy this year. The kids were so cute! One little boy had to pee so bad that I missed his bucket because he was dancing around so much :haha: I also had to run to the store to get more candy because we ran out :blush:

There was also a lot of baking going on yesterday at my house. DH and I roasted some pumpkins and made homemade pumpkin bread and roasted pumpkin seeds. And then we also made homemade banana bread and crock pot potato soup. It was a busy day and so I had a full day off of not thinking about ttc :thumbup:

But alas, I woke up this morning thinking of nothing but :dohh: My poor breasts are so sore again that I had to put a padded bra on so that I could go back to :sleep: And then I woke up with horrible heartburn and had to go find some Tums. And when I looked in the mirror, I found that my face has broken out really bad! And they are not the simple little pimples, they are the deep ones that are super sore and hard to pop. I'm going to have to wait a few days for them to work their way to the top. Gosh I hate this part of the cycle! I'm only 5dpo, I hate to even think of what else I am going to have to deal with :nope:

Hi! I am new to the site and group, thought I'd introduce myself first.
I am Val, 26yo, been diagnosed with PCOS in 2009, TTC since 2009. I am back on Metformin again (1000mg) and also taking Agnus Castus (Vitex) to try and get an AF. I haven't had one since July :-( Taking Evening Primrose Oil as well.
I've started low GI Diet + exercise 2 weeks ago and lots 4,4lbs so far. Booked my first accupuncture appointment for Nov 6 and ordered a digital basal thermometer hoping to give BBT charting a go! :)

Courtney - all sounding good! Will you test early? Not long left then - just a few days! Good luck! Let this be our month!!!

Welcome to Val! I had to go on Clomid to have periods and ovulation but I have heard stories that diet and weight loss helped ladies restore ovulation.

An update on me. I had my first follicle tracking scan today :happydance: Here's what I have:
CD11:
Left ovary - one dominant follie of 21mm
Right ovary - one dominant follie of 17mm

The sonographer thinks both will ovulate within the next 3-4 days :happydance:

BUT - my lining is only 7mm :cry: Do you think it still has a chance to grow by at least 1-2mm?
Hubby has a slight cold right now but no fever and he's staying off work trying to get better so we can BD loads from tomorrow :happydance:

I REALLY hope this is our month! Courtney - it would be fab to be bump buddies :happydance:

Doni - massive congrats on your BFP :thumbup:

Hey everyone :) How are you all?

Ive got an appointment this evening with the doctor and im going to ask for clomoid. I dont know if she will prescribe it or have to refer me to my Gyne.

Hope it works for us, ttc for two years PCOS for 6 years.

I bought some nair today, want to get rid of my upperlip fluff. Its getting thicker and darker and im too scared to wax hehe. Anyone else use this method?

Lots of baby dust xxx

Welcome Chan :hugs: I hope things go well for you at your Dr. appt. As far as the hair on the upper lip, I have been lucky that I only got extra hair on my belly (happy trail) so I don't have any advice for you. My mom has used Nair for a few years now for her unwanted hair and she seems to like it. I do remember her once telling me that it is VERY important to get the Nair that is specifically for your face. She said the Nair for your legs is a lot stronger and can actually burn your face....it happened to her. So I guess I did have a bit of advice :haha:

Maria- Congrats on the follies :happydance: I can't believe that you had mature follies so soon in your cycle. You seem to have responded really well to the Clomid this time around. As far as the lining issue, I have heard that it can be caused by the Clomid. So maybe the next three or four days will give you more time for the Clomid to get out of your system and for your lining to grow :shrug: I was at 8mm on CD10 and they said that, that was really good. So maybe 7mm is still good too :shrug:

As for testing early, I'm not supposed to. I was given the trigger shot, so I have to wait until it is out of my system. They told me to wait two weeks, but I think I might test at 7dpo to see if it is out yet. I remember that the last time I had the trigger, it was out of my system somewhere around 7-9dpo. If I get a positive, then I will wait until I am 14dpo. If I get a negative, then I will probably start testing at 11dpo.

I am going to go in tomorrow to have my progesterone drawn to see how good of an ovulation I got. I really hope that it was good.

Good luck with the bloods, Courtney!!

Im going back for another scan on Thursday. Should be good to see how the picture changed!
Here's the funny thing - I had ALL symptoms of ovulation over the weekend but not due to ovulate till later today but now all the symptoms (including positive OPKs) have disappeard :shrug:

About facial hair - I have a couple of friends with that problam and one of them uses laser :wacko: The other just shaves it I think and masks it with foundation....
I don't have the hair - I have sever acne :cry: The amount of foundation I have to use every day is ureal!

Hair on upper lip is managable. I normally use hair removal cream like Veet or facial wax strips. I grow hair on my chin and neck (male pattern), and I have to remove it every 2-3days using epilator lol that hurts!

Maria- So are you thinking that you aren't going to ovulate? I know it is possible to develop mature follies and then never release them; it happens to me. But I believe it is rare.

I wouldn't worry about the ovulation symptoms. Do you remember when we went back and forth a few cycles ago about when you ovulated? I had told you that my FS said you can feel ovulation a few days before or a few days after, but rarely during O. I believe that in your case, you felt it before and I think this time is the same. I really hope this is it for you :hugs:

Well I just got some news that isn't very good :cry: We got DH's CMSA back. His motility and morphology were bad. The office wants to see motility greater than or equal to 50% and he was only at 35.5%. They want morphology to be greater than or equal to 8 and his was 3 :nope: His count was also a little low, but not by that much. It was 19 million and they want 20 million.

So if I am not pregnant this cycle, then we have to move on to IUI. I am to test on Tuesday if I have not started my period by then. I am so bummed :cry:

Courtney, I'm sorry the results are not fab. But they are not terrible either! And if it doesn't happen naturally IUI is a great way forward! we still haven't had hubby tested yet but if the results aren't great I'll be very keen on the IUI option
So are you testin at 7dpo still ?

Hey girls, im new to the forum but not to ttc:haha: have been TTC~1 since 2008 on and off but have PCOS and dont ovulate, my GP reffered me to the fertility clinic atthe local hospital where i have been scanned and poked and prodded and was told needed to lose wight before they would prescribe Clomid. Well im happy to say that I have lost the 3 stone I needed and wa sprescribed clomid yesterday 50mg days 2-5. Im so confused by all the testing etc so any advice would be greatly apreciated:shrug:

Kelly xx

Hey girls, im new to the forum but not to ttc:haha: have been TTC~1 since 2008 on and off but have PCOS and dont ovulate, my GP reffered me to the fertility clinic at the local hospital where i have been scanned and poked and prodded and was told needed to lose wight before they would prescribe Clomid. Well im happy to say that I have lost the 3 stone I needed and wa sprescribed clomid yesterday 50mg days 2-5. Im so confused by all the testing etc so any advice would be greatly apreciated:shrug:

Kelly xx

I should also say DH has been tested and has great motility and morphology etc so his head has swollen lol! they took my progesterone day 21 last month and it was at 18 and prior to losing weight was less than 1 so weight loss is already doing something - fingers crossed the Clomid will do the rest!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"