PCOS Club!

Hey girlies... I know it has been a while since I posted in this thread... hope everyone is well. Sorry about the test results Courtney. :( Hopefully this is your month and you don't have to worry about IUI.

I am getting my blood taken tomorrow to see if I ovulated this month. Any idea on how long it takes docs to get the results? I am a fairly impatient person lol.

On top of that I have been charting my temps this month for the first time and on the site this little chick popped up saying pregnant so now I am upset. I had myself convinced that I was 100% ok with this not being my month and then that stupid chick gave me hope. I am wondering if it is just a messed up chart because of my PCOS.

If anyone has any insight here is my chart:

https://tcoyf.com/members/SweetJennie2001/charts/default.aspx

ETA: The BDing isn't accurate. We BDed more then that but I only marked in the days I could remember for sure because I just put the temps up on the site a few days ago and being stupid I forgot to record BDing.

Maria, so sorry hun I know this is a blow but its not a terrible result and IUI could be just what you need (although im hoping you get your BFP this cycle).

Kelly, 3st wow, that is an amazing achievment well done you and good luck!!

Courtney, I'm sorry the results are not fab. But they are not terrible either! And if it doesn't happen naturally IUI is a great way forward! we still haven't had hubby tested yet but if the results aren't great I'll be very keen on the IUI option
So are you testin at 7dpo still ?

I don't mind having to do an IUI, I was just really hoping that this cycle was it. I feel so different this time around and I can't put my finger on why it feels that way. I hate to be wrong about anything and if I say that "I feel that I am pregnant" and I am wrong, it will be a whammy to my ego and my heart.

I can't decide if I will test early :shrug: I would hate to take it and see a :bfp:. I have never seen a real one and I think I might have a moment of elation. I don't want that moment because I'd be crushed when my brain reminds me that it is from the shot. Does that make sense?

So I had my blood drawn today. I marked on the order "stat", so they should get the results sometime tomorrow :haha: I'm so evil :change: But I reason with myself that 1) I have to wait so long for a baby, why should I wait for anything else if I don't have to and 2) they poke me so many damned times trying to get the blood that I should be rewarded for my patience and "understanding" :dohh:

Jennie- have you taken any pregnancy tests? I would ask your doctor to add one onto your progesterone order; that way you would know with more certainty. Although, I am confused a bit. Why are you having your progesterone drawn so late? Usually you have it drawn at 7dpo. And it looks to me that you definitely ovulated and that it was sometime around CD8 (I am not familiar with TCOYF). And if you ovulated when it says you did, then you should have had your progesterone test drawn around October 21st. You are past due for your period and should have tested for pregnancy by now :hugs:

Kelly- what testing are you talking about?

Hey everyone. Im kinda new here. I am 29 years old and I have been diagnosed with PCOS and have been TTC since 1999. It sucks so bad. I tried for 9 years with my exhusband and now with my current husband I have been trying way over a year. It sucks so badly. I know I ovulate, but its just not working. I am going to be going back on clomid hopefully within the next month or so. So Im hoping for a BFP this year sometime lol. I try not to give my hopes up, but after 10 years of trying its hard not to. Alot of people say that I was just with the wrong man lol, but apparently its me since I have been trying with my current husband and still nothing. Im a Preg. test addict lol. Anyways we can't afford to really have alot of tests run to see if its him or me so next month hopefully we can get moved into a new place and we are both going to be going on new diets to help us shed a lil weight to see if that helps at all. Baby dust to all of us.

Courtney - if you can, hold off till 11DPO or so. By then the shot would definitely be out of your system and a BFP should show on a sensitive test.

Still no ovulation for me so I'm getting really worried the follies won't burst :( BBT still low and my nipples are not sore. If I had a 21mm follie on Monday surely it should have ovulated by now?!

I'm still getting lots of cramps in both my ovaries. And a follow up scan tomorrow night. I'm hoping it'll be good news that I ovulated...

Ladies,

Anyone who is doing BBT charting with PCOS, can you tell me if I can start temping mid cycle rather than CD1? Haven't had a proper AF since July so I don't know if I shall wait for her or start temping now.

Any advice?
Thanks!

Yeah... :/ took a test this morning and got a BFN. Normally my periods are 30+ days though so I don't understand why I would have ovulated on CD8. The reason I am only getting the progesterone test done today was because my doctor said my long cycles mean I would ovulate later and so if I tested on CD21 it would not give me an accurate reading.

i_want_bump: I only just started charting this month but I am pretty sure that you are supposed to start on CD1. But if you haven't had a period since July I don't see where it would hurt? Good practice for when that alarm clock goes off at ungodly hours of the morning lol.

SweetJennie: I don't have to get up until 10am so I feel fine about temping lol I guess I can start temping and then when AF arrives I will count that as CD1 .. but for now I want to get going so would consider it as a practice! :)

i started temping on cd 1 but then missed a few days here and there but since cd 8 im making sure i dont miss any days to be on tha safe side.my cycles r usually all over the place ...im curious to see whats going on this cycle but its hard for me to tell with the charts im a little slow whne it comes to that

I want bump - I'd start now. You never know when next af arrives and at least you'll see what your temps are doing. I.e. Are they flat/fluctuating/high/low.

I have my follow up follicle tracking scan tomorrow and I'm petrified she'll tell me the follies turned into cysts... Have to think positive!!!

yay im so excited i have an apt to go over nutrition with me for my IR on monday.....yay....

the only thing is i dont like driving and its kida far from me and OH is complaing about taking me in my own truck ahhh he frustraits me

Hey girls hope you dont mind me joining I found out yesterday I have pcos and wandered if any of you girls have any advice for me as to when they might start treatment etc, have done a seperate post but got no replies xxxx

MariaF: good luck with your scan hun! Think positive! and tell us later how it went ok?

Take care
xxx

So my breasts are no longer as sensitive so I decided to test to see if the shot was out of my system. It appears that it is, so I will be able to test in a few days with more confidence. It is just a bummer that the pain is going away, not because I like it :haha: but, because I feel that it means I am not pregnant. I guess I am at that stage in my cycle that I am starting to get depressed because I know what is coming. I just wish that this time I got something different than what I am used to.

Maria- What time is/was your scan?

Courtney - my scan's in an hour. Will report back when Im home. I fear the worst though. Im pretty sure the follies turned into cysts. I haven't ovulated and still feel uncomfortable in the ovaries area. And if I had a 21mm on Monday it should have ovulated by now :cry: Oh well...

At your stage it could be anything I suppose. I remember my boobs stopped hurting as much a few days before af arrived. BUT I was googling this today actually and have come across stories where ladies didn't have any usual PMS symptoms in the month they got their BFP! No breast tenderness, no cramps, no mood swings! So you never know!

Hey ladies

dawny 690 welcome, I'm not really too sure, when my scan showed I had pco ( don't have the syndrome ) I was told I would have to wait to see the fs which was in 7 weeks which luckily I got changed to 4 week wait then they are sending me for hycosy so waiting for that.

Curently cd26 so as soon as cd1 comes in 3-4 days I can hopefully get my slot !

My boobs are desalt sore at the mo ( usual for me around this time ) although I'm sure it normally wears off my 3-4 days but can't really remember, also I've been getting sort of shooting pains in my nipples - sorry tmi ! So that's rather strange !
Probably wake up tom and there not sore which means af is coming

X

hello, i have been diagnosed with pcos too!
i have very irregular periods and dnt think i ovulate. i went to see the endocrinologist yesterday and he has put me on metformin so will pick up my prescription tomorro and see how i get on with that. xxx

Welcome Drakey :flower:

What dose are you on? Is it the extended release? No matter what you are on, I have one warning for you. Avoid greasy foods at all costs :haha: I tried Metformin a few times and that was one of the things that made me sick the most. Granted I was one of those people who just could not take it in the end, but I did realize a correlation with greasy foods and getting super sick. I hope this helps.

Thank you courtney, I will take that advice! ... doc told me to have just 500mg for the 1st day so that it gets into my system slowly, then day 2, take 500mg morning and evening then when i get onto month 2 i have then to take 850mg morning and evening. hopefully it will do the trick for me! been ttc now for 2 yrs so im slowly getting there lol xx

Hi,
I hope you dont mind me posting here....
I have PCOS - I have a beautiful little girl who is nearly 2 - Im normally pretty regular, a few days here and there and I havent had a period for 2 months - I have terrible nausea, cramps, back ache, my tummy has grown and I "feel" pregnant. I kind of remember feeling this was in may when i had a ruptured cyst - Not like this though.

I have done 4 HPT and its a negative - but i have read that PCOS can mask the pregnancy hormone. Has anyone had negative tests but been pregnant?

Is it usual for my periods to just stop with PCOS? Im very confused! Im hoping that someone will give me their thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->