People carrier?

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
Which are nice?

Ive looked at the Zafira which are cheap to buy but they want £3000 to insure!!!!

Are all like that? :nope:

Don't know if this makes a difference but the boot on the zafira is tiny when it's in people carrier mode, we hired it on holiday and were really disappointed as we thought it was going to be a proper people carrier I.e hold 7 people and their luggage- not a chance!

We have a ford galaxy, they are really spacious but I think its at least a 2L so would probably be pricey to insure.

We have a Renault Scenic, its 1.6 and very reasonable to insure.

The seats come out should you need more space, for things like carrying holiday luggage etc.

We are considering getting a Citroen C4 Picasso after we return from our holiday tho.

Apparently im not allowed anything french lol. Though i do like the Picasso as well

Apparently im not allowed anything french lol. Though i do like the Picasso as well

May i just say that French car parts are very cheap to replace should anything go wrong.

If your thinking German like a VW Touran, then get ya credit card at the ready, my best friend has a Touran and the 1st gear has gone on there car and so you have to start in 2nd gear all the time and theyve been quoted almost a grand to replace it, so theyre just putting up with it for now.

Weve only really had French cars and we've never had any trouble.

The girls dad say french cars break easily....but i think thats only because he had a megane that offended him at some stage :haha:

I really like ford Cmax but they are expensive :(

Agreed with Lellow, AND we have the same car :) very reasonable to insure, and the parts are cheap.

C-Max is nice.

I quite like the Chrysler Grand Voyager, but quite frankly, i cannot warrant spending that amount of money on a piece of metal.

We have a Zafira and we will likely need one of the back seats up when Squishy arrives, meaning we will have NO boot space at all. It's a good 7-seater and all but if you want to use it as one you compromise boot space. We won't even get the pram in. We can't afford to change it though. French cars are brilliant, we had a Citreon Berlingo once and we loved it, plus it was soooo cheap to run whereas I put petrol in the Zafira like every two/three days and it's not like I go much further than toddler groups and hubby to work. The C-max is fab apparently, but unless you need the extra seats I would stick with something like the Scenic because that extra space and weight costs you in fuel.

We have a Zafira - loove it. we got a huge roof box from ebay for £40 cos there is no boot space when 7 seats are in use and we often use all 7. its the same insurance and fuel costs as our vectra we just got rid of :D

If you are a new driver hun, it will be expensive to insure xx my ford fiesta is 120 a month!!

Have you checked out Parkers for a good comparison between different ones?

Do you need a people carrier 7 seater in particular?

Common family ones are Ford Galaxy, S-Max, C-Max, Renault Scenic, Espace, Vauxhall Zafira, Meriva, Citroen Picasso, Toyota Verso range, Mitsubishi Space Wagon, Estates etc. The list is endless ;)

I've had a c-max and it has some serious engine problems, never again.

I currently have a renault scenic and although its a great family car, the MPG is terrible and the road tax is £270 for the year!! Its very very expensive to run.

We've been looking and i really like the nissan note.

I used to have a scenic but I never thought it was a people carrier? It had 3 separate back seats but when it came to actual space in the back and boot my skoda octavia won hands down

At the moment dh has a wee corsa for running back and forward to work in, and it's fine for when he is taking the kids to school/nursery

I have my taxi which is a Peugeot partner, same as a citroen berlingo - massive plus is the back bench seats, totally flat so mega easy for car seats going in and out

Also drive a Nissan qashqai which, while it's very nice, I don't rate it very highly as a decent family car, inside is tiny, and the boot is really lacking

The biggest thing is don't take too much notice of horror stories regarding other peoples experiences with different manufacturers, if you listened to them all, you would never buy a car -all cars have had problems and faults, but there is nothing out there nowadays that is hugely unreliable either

Same with parts availability, most motor factors can have parts to garages next day, if not same day now, unless it's something massively unusual (in which case it wouldn't matter what kind of car it was) it's not usually a problem

When mine needs things done I usually go to the motor factor and pick up the parts myself, saves a wee bit just having to get them fitted

I have a renault scenic,it's v roomy and more than big enough for us 2adults and 2 children with a big bulky pram and shopping.

I have had a lot of problems with it the past 6months but I could have had the same problems with a different car. It does love to drink petrol and as a precious poster dai the road tax is really expensive compared to some other cars out there

Oh yes that is a good point! the road tax is huge on the scenic, i went with my friend to tax it a while back, and he burst out laughing (bit rude lol) when i went to pay at the post office, and he said "is that for the year BHAHAHAHAHAA" knob lol. ( it was for six months)

The new Scenics aren't that expensive to tax...As in from 2005 onwards.

mine is a 2001 :( lol that must be why then! thats good to know though if we upgrade it :)

We have a ford galaxy as we needed the extra space we only use 6 seats and have taken the other one out and popped in the shed. It has given us enough room to have the pushchair a weeks worth of food shopping or the dog and all the stuff needed for a day out and all the kids 2 of which are in car seat still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->