People carrier?

It can bring down prices to have her dad as a named driver though. That is what we did I am the main driver (I drive it more), Matt as a named driver and my brother as a named driver too, he has thirteen years of driving and is a transport manager and it bought down our insurance.

That's a better idea, as having the policy in your parents name would be real dodgy, but of course having dad as a named driver in case he ever needed to drive it is fine

Yay, I made sense about something :dance:

My dad lives abroad though, would that be a issue? Though it would mean when he visits he'd have a car to drive

I don't mean this to sound rude but why do you need a people carrier?

Our focus we had was massive, it had a big boot and plenty of room inside the car and we only had the 3 door but I found it easy to get Oliver in and out.

If its because you have ERF a 5 door focus or a vectra would be plenty big enough. I personally wouldn't have a large car as my first car... IMO :flower:

My mum doesnt drive and shes always with at least one of my nephews so would struggle to fit everyine, also when my dads over with my sister i couldnt fit 3 seats in the back.

Alot of my mum friends dont drive also x

My dad lives abroad though, would that be a issue? Though it would mean when he visits he'd have a car to drive

As long as he has a valid UK driving license, your good to go :)

Also, it really makes little or no difference as to the size of the car your driving IMO.

My first car was a prestige car, a massively long Peugeot 607 and if anything it helped me to nail parking confidently as i had this great huge car and these small spaces to get it into...put it this way, now im a fab parker :smug: :haha:

So now with the Scenic, i find it easy peasy to park...infact i mainly only ever reverse park it cos thats how confident i am at the manouevre.

I was going to name my dad on mine to get it cheaper but he would never drive it so felt bit bad lying|!

I was going to name my dad on mine to get it cheaper but he would never drive it so felt bit bad lying|!

It wouldnt be lying cos it is there just incase he ever needed to. It makes sense because more and more insurance are doing it that comprehensive doesnt cover you to drive someone else's car. So it could be just incase you ever hurt yourself or his car broke or whatever. It doesnt have to be a regular thing.

On a seperate note we could of got a 5 seater, but its nice to know I can take my Lo's and friends out. Our car is quite big for a first car but not had any problems :)

we have a grand voyager love it only had it a few months older one but full spec . Insurance is average cost me 500 fully comp with 7 years no claims . you still have loads of boot space with all 7 seats in use i can easily fit my big quinny in the boot and coats and a few bags

I just didnt feel right doing it, would rather have just me on it as thats what I am doing x

Makes sense, if your uncomfortable with the idea. I did it so my brother can borrow my car if needed :)

Kala, I forgot to say our car is really economical with petrol :)

Tasha blatantly works for Citroen :haha:

Hahaha. Do you reckon if I point them in the direction of this thread, that i could get paid for it? :haha:

I just love my car. Think it might be that new driver thing, maybe??

Go for it Tasha. Share the wealth tho :haha:

The new driver element is a factor but its also about the car...Im ok in most of the cars ive ever driven, but i once drove my sisters and it was HORRID...Longest 10 mins of my life :lol:

Mates rates then Tash if we get the C4 Picasso. :rofl:

Go for it Tasha. Share the wealth tho :haha:

The new driver element is a factor but its also about the car...Im ok in most of the cars ive ever driven, but i once drove my sisters and it was HORRID...Longest 10 mins of my life :lol:

Mates rates then Tash if we get the C4 Picasso. :rofl:

Okay, will share the wealth and give you mates rates :haha:

Oh yeah I have driven a micra, KA and a focus since I passed, and I like them but dont LOVE them, so clearly it is cos the C4 is so fantastic :winkwink::haha:

:haha:

I think for a new driver the insurance will be pretty shocking on any car unfortunately :(

As for getting a bigger car for your first car... no problem really... I bought a 3.5 tonne renault master 2 weeks after passing my test and drove it out of London :shock: It was a sharp learning curve but totally do-able, after that I could drive just about any car :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->