People carrier?

I do really like the C4s they are pretty :)

Part of my reasoning for a bigger car is being able to take the girls out with their friends in a few years too x

That was part of our reason too Kala. We could of got a way with a smaller car but a bigger one makes it easier. And next year for his ninth birthday Morgan wants to take a few friends to Thorpe Park or Chessington, this car makes that possible.

Hi hun i have a ford focus c-max which basically looks like a focus from the front but bigger, its a good size i get two prams in the boot and its really nice to drive.
For insurance my tips would be go for a diesel as they are cheaper in insurance.

I am 23 been driving 5 years this december so currently 4 years no claims my insurance on the 04 plate cmax diesel is £830. X

I don't mean this to sound rude but why do you need a people carrier?

Our focus we had was massive, it had a big boot and plenty of room inside the car and we only had the 3 door but I found it easy to get Oliver in and out.

If its because you have ERF a 5 door focus or a vectra would be plenty big enough. I personally wouldn't have a large car as my first car... IMO :flower:

She is actually smart to go for a people carrier as it is classed as a family car and is therfor cheaper on insurance. A normal focus would be higher for her due to it not being classed as a family car, insurance companys see people driving family cars less likely to be these new wreckless drivers like boy/girl racers ect who would buy a normal focus this is why there insurance would be partly highe than a new driver with a family car.

If mine have friends over they get dropped off lol its easier for the sake of cheaper insurance :p

I don't mean this to sound rude but why do you need a people carrier?

Our focus we had was massive, it had a big boot and plenty of room inside the car and we only had the 3 door but I found it easy to get Oliver in and out.

If its because you have ERF a 5 door focus or a vectra would be plenty big enough. I personally wouldn't have a large car as my first car... IMO :flower:

She is actually smart to go for a people carrier as it is classed as a family car and is therfor cheaper on insurance. A normal focus would be higher for her due to it not being classed as a family car, insurance companys see people driving family cars less likely to be these new wreckless drivers like boy/girl racers ect who would buy a normal focus this is why there insurance would be partly highe than a new driver with a family car.

The ford focus has won awards a heap of awards as a family car

This page here lets you search cars/what insurance group they are in https://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/advice/car-insurance-groups/

A focus is a family hatch back... it is cheaper to insure if you are over 21.

I now have a Toyota Yaris... it is also classed as a family hatch back. The insurance is 50 cheaper than the focus and that is having it for business use as well.

People carriers tend to have bigger engines making it more to insure. The 2 cheapest cars to insure if you are in your first year of driving is a Ford ka and a fiat seiquiento (sp?).

I know a hell of a lot about insurance groups etc. they have doubled the amount of them to make it easier but to me it makes it harder.

I'm not having ago but in my experience it is cheaper to get a smaller, cheaper run around for the first year or so. Then you can build up your no claims. Plus 90% of drivers will crash with in the first year of driving.... you don't want to smash up or ding a more expensive car. Again just imo

The new Scenics aren't that expensive to tax...As in from 2005 onwards.

Mine is 2005 and it is still £270 per year and thats a 1.6 petrol.

Sorry if its been answered since but i am just reading through....

Insurance will depend on a host of different factors so it's always a bit of a misnomer advocating a car on this basis.

Your postcode, where it is kept, your occupation, any endorsements, other named drivers etc etc etc all go towards forming a risk level that your premium is based on. Yes, the group rating is a consideration but it's merely one of many.

I'd have an estate before even looking at a people carrier - in fact, we will never have one as both me and my OH think them souless pieces of junk with no redeeming features whatsoever- but we're massive petrolheads so our judgement is clouded somewhat!!!! :)

Estate cars usually have five seats though dont they?

If your tax was a certain amount it will not go down.

Tax bands are based age and size of car amongst other things.

If it was £270 last year, it will be the same plus an inflationary increase this year.. That doesn't preclude a newer model of the same car being in a different bracket.

If your tax was a certain amount it will not go down.

Tax bands are based age and size of car amongst other things.

If it was £270 last year, it will be the same plus an inflationary increase this year.. That doesn't preclude a newer model of the same car being in a different bracket.

Basically after a certain yr, the manufacturer starts making them so they produce lower emissions or something like that and the tax is lower.

Or have i made that up?

Yes. For instance, we have a C1 for bombing around town.

It's road tax is £20 a year, but we are still subject to things like the congestion charge.

Ours is a 10 model - the newest has lower emissions so is exempt, damn them!!!

ETA: yes, you are correct!!!! :)

So then, altho me and you might have the same model car, but different plates [older or newer] - They can differ in how much tax you pay.

Right, that might explain it.

People carriers are great for a family car, especially if you are gking to be driving alOt of people around.

I was £1200 for my 1L Y reg micra, over a year of driving but 2 claims.

I'm now £750 per year fOr my 1.2 12 polo with 1 years no claims so it shows the great difference a year will make if you hold on the year Of paying the more insurance.

Quite alot the insurance depends on where you live, as the bigger the city the more cars therefore more risk iykwim.

Also Lellow your correct :thumbup:

So then, altho me and you might have the same model car, but different plates [older or newer] - They can differ in how much tax you pay.

Right, that might explain it.

I got confused with my old clio. the one which was 6 months newer was £90 or more cheaper in tax!

Now our new car a 09 yaris is £30 a year but a brand new one is £95 because they have taken the stop start eco thing off it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->