People carrier?

We had a Zafira, was far too small for us. Why so expensive to insure?! Ours was about £300 for the year. We now have a Citroen C8- its huge inside and has a really decent boot space, but then we need the 7 seats xx

Cos she is a new driver Lora.

We have the Citroen C4 Grande Picasso, we love it.

Oh and probably where you live makes it much cheaper Lora x

Cos she is a new driver Lora.

We have the Citroen C4 Grande Picasso, we love it.

Still seems really extreme for a family car though :shrug: I had a Subaru Impreza a year after I passed :haha: and that was only £1200 for the year xx

Still seems really extreme for a family car though :shrug: I had a Subaru Impreza a year after I passed :haha: and that was only £1200 for the year xx

Nope, very normal for a family car now when you're a new driver especially when you live London/not that far from London/the South. When did you pass?

Yea i would be a new driver which seems to bump it up loads. Though insurance for any car seems so extreme now.

Nope, very normal for a family car now when you're a new driver especially when you live London/not that far from London/the South. When did you pass?

Its a wonder new drivers can even afford to drive then :shrug: I think it was 2005 when I passed- Ollie was only a baby x

I just did a quote for a subaru Impreza for me, passed for a year, all my details (like location and so on) and the cheapest is diamond at £4,472.14 :wacko:

I just did a quote for a subaru Impreza for me, passed for a year, all my details (like location and so on) and the cheapest is diamond at £4,472.14 :wacko:

Shocking!

Yep, and that is paying out right, which I think is a bit cheaper isnt it?

Kala, me and my Matt were both new drivers and our insurance for the C4 wasnt as bad as other similar sized cars

Kala, can your dad insure your car for you and put you down as a named driver for a yr or 2?

Kala, can your dad insure your car for you and put you down as a named driver for a yr or 2?

That is naughty...

But would save her a fortune :haha:

Not if there was an accident it wouldn't

They take insurance fronting really seriously and would not pay out in an accident

Can i just ask then, im a named driver on my husbands car and he is on mine, because sometimes we do need to switch cars for whatever reason - Thats ok tho right?

Oh and also having each other on our insurances makes them cheaper too.

That is naughty...

They take insurance fronting really seriously and would not pay out in an accident

Can i just ask then, im a named driver on my husbands car and he is on mine, because sometimes we do need to switch cars for whatever reason - Thats ok tho right?

When I eventually pass my test, my car will be going onto my husbands policy.

That is naughty...

Oh and also having each other on our insurances makes them cheaper too.

Yes of course, that's not insurance fronting, I am also a named driver on my husbands policy, he isnt on mine though haha

It can bring down prices to have her dad as a named driver though. That is what we did I am the main driver (I drive it more), Matt as a named driver and my brother as a named driver too, he has thirteen years of driving and is a transport manager and it bought down our insurance.

It can bring down prices to have her dad as a named driver though. That is what we did I am the main driver (I drive it more), Matt as a named driver and my brother as a named driver too, he has thirteen years of driving and is a transport manager and it bought down our insurance.

Thats a good point, Tasha... Its surprising how much it can reduce the price.

Fronting is when you put a different person to whose car it is, as the policy holder, and you as a named driver, to reduce your premium. It's classed as fraud... And yeh they would refuse to pay out in case of an accident. Technically you would be driving uninsured which is another can of worms :flower:

Having each other on as named drivers in case you need to use the other car is legit though don't worry Lellow!

https://www.premiumchoice.co.uk/fronting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->