Personal training

M

MILF2011

My Personal trainer sent me a text this morning ....it reads ..."August! LET'S DO IT MISS!!We'll have you back in shape in 12 weeks..maybe less. We'll smash it hard!" lmfao!! There ain't gonna be anymore SMASHING for me. After labour, i'm gonna be erm SMASHED! hahaha:dohh:

LOL my partner is a personal trainer...im waiting for him to try & get me back into shape after birth :D x

I think you need to give yourself a month or two to recover before you SMASH IT! Sounds a bit too strenuous!

I think you need to give yourself a month or two to recover before you SMASH IT! Sounds a bit too strenuous!

My thoughts entirely lol!!

I do miss training though, but it needs to be stepped up in moderation postpartum i think!:thumbup:

12 weeks? LOL. I wouldn't expect any resemblance fitness-wise for the first 8-12 months. I'm a weightlifter myself (Oly-style, powerlifting) and you really just can't underestimate the power of sleep deprivation on training. I had a colicky baby and couldn't even consider training until about 16 weeks postpartum, lol. How do you train and recover properly when you are awake 10x a night :rofl:

I'm guessing your trainer has never given birth...

12 weeks? LOL. I wouldn't expect any resemblance fitness-wise for the first 8-12 months. I'm a weightlifter myself (Oly-style, powerlifting) and you really just can't underestimate the power of sleep deprivation on training. I had a colicky baby and couldn't even consider training until about 16 weeks postpartum, lol. How do you train and recover properly when you are awake 10x a night :rofl:

I'm guessing your trainer has never given birth...

Lol, well it's a bloke....and they tend not to have a fookin clue! Kettle bell training in my pyjamas!! lol In my dreams :D

haha
im a personal trainer although i dont intend to smash it i intend to wait a couple of weeks, walk for a couple of weeks then start upping the intensity

is your trainer a male??!!... lol

yes he is a man lol! I find it hilarious.

Don't you need to wait for your bones etc to go back into place....i'm sure it takes a year minimum?

nah your bones are a little weaker during pregnancy but just up your calcuim intake and theyll spring back. if a c section occured its a different story since you need to let your stomach muscle heal since they are cut open aswell. once they heal then start verry light core training. with my son i had to have a c section and i got the all clear after a month but waited till my son was about 6 weeks old before i started going for a walk increased the kms i walked each week then when my son was 3 months old i started to focus on core training by the time my son was 6 months old i had my abs back and was in great shape.

i took my time getting into it again since i was breastfeeding so didnt want to slow the flow of milk. if im allowed to have a natural this time im going to start walking once bubs is about a week or so old then increase the kms again then once hes about a month old il get back into training myself back to normal

every body is different and react differently to training. when you go back to your trainer sit down and let him say what he thinks you should be doing and if at all you feel uncomfortable or feel hes going to push you too hard be sure to tell him. he may know his stuff but you know what your body will/has gone through and if you over do it you can injury yourself causing your progress to stop

With my first I waited about 2 weeks then started working out at the gym. Mostly cardio and a bit of light weights. After another week or two I introduced the cardio kickboxing and more weights. I gained 65lbs so found it really tough initially but once I got into it, I was hooked again. I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight at about 9 or 10 months and actually was in even better shape at the 12 month mark. I worked really hard for it though.

Lol, going full tilt right away though...yep, got to be a man lol. Everyone is different though, I suppose. Just listen to your body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->