Pets!

So, we moved into the new house last Monday and brought Darcy home on Tues. She completely freaked out, miaowed at the top of her voice for hours, then spent the rest of the evening cowering in the hole where the washing machine will go.

She calmed down after a while (with just a small incident of closing herself in a kitchen cupboard overnight) and we started letting her outside at the weekend. She was great and came back no problem each time.

BUT last night she went out and went over the fence on the other side of the house. It's a big, 6 foot fence and there's a drop on the other side. And she got stuck!! I could hear her miaowing like someone was trying to kill her, but I couldn't get at her, and for me to get to the other side of the fence meant going into a different street. I was thinking, do I really have to go and knock on someone's door and say "My cat is stuck in your garden"?? Cats aren't supposed to get stuck!!

Anyway she managed eventually to find her way round to where she could squeeze under the fence, then flew in the door and spent the rest of the evening snuggled on my lap as if she was never venturing outside ever again...

Indigo - good only one fight but for you it would be better if now :hugs: Lola may just feel a bit out of sorts with Honey being here and realising it's not temporary and will settle soon :hugs:

Conina - :hugs: for Darcy bless her :hugs:

In a photo posting mood.........

This is my little Reginald
https://www.primliciousgraphics.com/pictures/babyreginald.jpg

And same Reginald...........just a year later
https://www.primliciousgraphics.com/pictures/bigger-reginald.jpg

Do turtles carry salmonella or is that a myth?

Hubby says its a myth...............but I think you can never be too sure. We have hand sanitizer in the critter room that we use after handling them all.

I don't lick them or anything, so I don't foresee any issues :haha:

In a photo posting mood.........

This is my little Reginald
https://www.primliciousgraphics.com/pictures/babyreginald.jpg

And same Reginald...........just a year later
https://www.primliciousgraphics.com/pictures/bigger-reginald.jpg

OMG baby Reginald is so cute!...and I am so not into reptiles!

OMG Reginald is so cute!...and I am so not into reptiles!

They are so cute when they hatch. But they turn into giants! They're fun critters to have

Lucky you can't really see whats in the cages in the background :thumbup:

Reginald is cute...What do they eat?

Grasses (if we had grass), we get them a bale of bermuda hay that they munch upon, plus kale, collard greens, sometimes watermelon (not vodka soaked..lol) & different lettuces every now & THEN.

When they are babies, we give them a specific tortoise pelleted food that we soak in water to soften a bit........then we start introducing the other foods as mentioned above.

They are excellent lawn mowers. In the last house we were in, we never had to mow our backyard once, the 3 years we were there :thumbup:

Do u think it will be challenging caring for the zoo when the twins arrive?

Do u think it will be challenging caring for the zoo when the twins arrive?

Twins :haha:

I don't think so. Chris pretty much does all the feeding & cleaning of the snakes now (after my little feeding mishap)
I look after the tarantulas & we both look after the tortoises. The outside tortoises look after themselves. I just go out everyday & clean out their water bowls & fill them up & make a nice mud patch for them to walk through (they flick the mud up on themselves to cool off)

H & L.....they finally stopped wrestling just now....I was about to put them in time-out...

Fabio is fabulous...

They r fine....no fights so far today....They were about to get into it, but I got up and gave them my stern schoolteacher look and they backed away....I didn't even make a sound...

Fabio is fabulous...

They r fine....no fights so far today....They were about to get into it, but I got up and gave them my stern schoolteacher look and they backed away....I didn't even make a sound...

Ooooh, there you go! Maybe you should teach Brooke the "look" for Porky :haha:

Oh and I am quite the fan of Fabio :hugs:

Eva I love the tortoises/turtles.

Indigo I feel for you with L & H wrestling :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->