Phone call from MW - I don't have GD!!!! :D

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Amelia Pond, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Amelia Pond

Amelia Pond Well-Known Member

I know this is a pointless thread.....but I have been so worried and stressed about this, and I am now so happy I could cry!!!!!.....I guess I just have big babies....I can live with that!:D

2. MrsMystery

MrsMystery Hubby, Me, DD and Pup!

AWESOME NEWS!! Congrats!

My SIL had GD and it sucks! It's too early for me (I'm just going into my 2nd tri soon) but it's is something that I keep in mind when I reach for those sugary snacks!

3. kali131

kali131 Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat! No GD, but a big boy :wacko:

Congrats on not having GD though! :thumbup:

4. Amelia Pond

Thanks, with a previous 10lb baby I was told that I was high risk...so was convinced I had it. Feel like a weight has lifted! :)

5. juicee

juicee Active Member

Hiya can I ask, did you eat normally day before you were tested? I got my test tomorrow, thing is Mw found glucose in urine 2 weeks ago, and also measured me 4 weeks further on than I am. She told me to cut sugary stuff out of diet, which I did, but then I was worried that I may have a false negative, so yesterday and today I have just eaten normally. I'm have been so worried I don't know whether this was the right thing to do.. congratulations to you though, I really hope my results are quick and normal.. thanks Jules..x

6. Amelia Pond

I ate normally (well as normal as I could, suffering hyperemesis)....I was worried as I have been drinking alot of full fat cola....seems to be the only drink I can keep down and I thought for sure it would have my blood sugar through the roof.....but I guess that is why they make you fast first?! Not sure.....Good luck, hope you get on okay. I know how stressful it can be.

7. juicee

juicee Active Member

Ok thanks, guess i will just have to wait and see, x

8. FiNZ

FiNZ Lucky mum of 4 darlings!

Yippeeee, that's great news!!!

9. BoBo

BoBo Mummy to 2. 14mths apart

Yay, thats great news!

I'm the same too, got my results from MW yesterday and all is fine. I was measuring 4 weeks bigger so got sent for the GTT, although yesterday I'd actually lost a week! I went from measuring 38 weeks at 34 to measuring 37 weeks at 36! :wacko: Baby is 3/5's engaged now though, so kind of makes sense but I still have no indication of how big baby will actually be :shrug:

10. mum2b2009

mum2b2009 mummy of two boys!