• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Planned Teen Pregnancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where in fl do you live? Just wondering

I'm right in between Orlando and Daytona Beach :) I'm about 45 minutes away from both places. I just noticed that you lived in Florida too! I'm slow today, forgive me :) Where do you live?

:O how come u can get a job soo young! nobody would think of employing me untill i was atleast 16.

I'm quite curious about what the teen parent community thinks of teens who plan their pregnancy.

What do you think about it? Was your first (or second) planned?

Sorry I'm just really curious :blush:

We started trying after we got engaged, which was quite soon into the relationship, but it was what we both wanted.
Unfortunately, we lost that baby, and went back to TTC another.
We also lost our 2nd, and then went back on the pill...
Nevertheless, I concieved this one regardless!

So technically, planned, but also, not planned, iykwim?

:O how come u can get a job soo young! nobody would think of employing me untill i was atleast 16.

Publix starts hiring at 14 and Sonic's start hiring at 15 :D It makes me happy :haha:

i was 16 when i found out, & ive just turned 17 .. my baby wasnt planned, but she is not and never will be a mistake.. im still with the father, and i have been for 3 years this year. i wont be living off benefits, and as soon as ive had her i will be going to college & getting a job to do the best for my baby. i dont think its a good idea to be planning it when ur under 16 (legal age here), as it will be hard enough for me even at 17. however, its not down to anyone to judge! x

we were planing on planing to ttc as i had a BFN a few months before and relised how ready we was to start planing for example we had a place, both had jobs but all that changed....... we lost are house due to the landlord going bust and needed us out asap..... and i lost my job a month in to my pregnancy......i dont think anyone under 16 shoudnt ttc as were finding it hard and me on my OH are 19 and wouldnt wish this on anyone....... not a mistake, not planned but my LO has my unconditional love

My baby was semi-planned. I was in a committed relationship, his parents own a grocery store that he was very capable of running....it seemed like a wonderful idea. But I would not recommend it unless you are over the legal age in your area, living on your own, and married. Otherwise things go horribly wrong.

Why does someone have to be married to raise a child right? IMO it makes no difference. Both mine and OH's parents are divorced and theyre still raising children just fine. Just because people are not married or living with somone other than FOB things wont go horribly wrong.

OH and I do live on our own and plan on getting married, but a few of the girlies on here live with parents and are not married and have raised their children with no problems at all.

Yes my first was planned and i was 16.Me and my OH just fell in love straight away and wanted a child together. I always wanted a another child but Makaila came alot sooner than we thought lol but i love my kids and there dad more than anything.:cry:

Marriage isnt everything but a happy stable relationship is! :) xx

Ok so I haven't read the whole thread so this could of already been said numerous times but... whats the difference between a 16 year old irresponsible person ttc and an irresponsible 26 year old?

Why is it 'ok' for an older teen and not classed as normal.

And also why should teens only ttc if they live alone, have a job etc.

My mum was 35 when she had my older brother and she was in no better or worse position as i was when i fell pregnant at 19 (and that isn't a position of being priveliged and having everything nor poverty stricken and having nothing at all.)

I can understand about very young teens ttc, there is school and stuff to think about and they are not even old enough to work, so are funded by the state, and if one of the parents are old enough then you get the statutory rape scenario. So i don't agree in trying to concieve under 16.

But hey if for the most part teenagers are going to take responsibility then why is it frowned upon so bad. tbh i'd rather hear of more teens ttc in the newspapers rather than the horror stories you hear of the stereotypical teenage mum you commonly hear of and teens using the morning after pill and abortion as forms of contraception. 30 years ago, at 16-17 women were expected to find a 'husband' and have children. If im not mistaken 'teenage' pregnancy was just as common years ago except it was seen in a different context.

Its such an annoying subject. People always stare at me because I look young, when in actual fact im 20, studying at a great university and live in a nice area in a nice house and am engaged to the love of my life and the father of my child. But thats totally irrelevant. If i was none of the above, why the hell should that indicate how good of a parent I might or might not be!

As long as you have love and care to give, and a home for them to live and be safe - wether it is yours or your parents or a council house, and you want your child and put it first, it doesn't matter what your age is.

:flower:

Oh and for the record we were NTNP.

well said rockys mumma :flower:

and yes we were trying for 2 1/2 years
before we conceived our daughter

i was 16 when we started and 18 when
i finally got pregnant

xx​

I completely agree too Rocky's Mama :thumbup:

In my case Evie wasn't planned, but I do know a girl at college who's daughter was. She's 18, in a stable relationship, and was thrilled to pieces when she found out she was pregnant because, as she told everyone, the only job that had ever appealed to her was being a mum.

It's odd when you think about it, if a girl of 16/17 said she wanted to be a doctor or a teacher everyone would give her all the support she needed to succeed, but if a girl of the same age said she wanted to be a mother she's instantly frowned upon, since when did motherhood not count as a valid life choice?!

As some have said, a couple of generations ago, women getting married and having babies in their late teens was the norm. Realistically it's the time nature intended us to get pregnant, hence why it's easier for us to conceive and the rates of gestational complications in young mothers are significantly less that those in older mothers, it's modern society that's decided an 18 year old will instantly be a worse mother than a 30 year old, something that just isn't true.

I completely agree too Rocky's Mama :thumbup:

In my case Evie wasn't planned, but I do know a girl at college who's daughter was. She's 18, in a stable relationship, and was thrilled to pieces when she found out she was pregnant because, as she told everyone, the only job that had ever appealed to her was being a mum.

It's odd when you think about it, if a girl of 16/17 said she wanted to be a doctor or a teacher everyone would give her all the support she needed to succeed, but if a girl of the same age said she wanted to be a mother she's instantly frowned upon, since when did motherhood not count as a valid life choice?!

As some have said, a couple of generations ago, women getting married and having babies in their late teens was the norm. Realistically it's the time nature intended us to get pregnant, hence why it's easier for us to conceive and the rates of gestational complications in young mothers are significantly less that those in older mothers, it's modern society that's decided an 18 year old will instantly be a worse mother than a 30 year old, something that just isn't true.

Thats so true :thumbup:

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho