• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Planning our destination wedding ~ Turkey September 2012 **Pics added!!**

oooooooooooooo thats really exciting!! have u booked it then////

No Nats we've not been to the hotel yet, going on Sunday

ooo dohh... fx you both like it then u can book it!!!0

We went to the higher trapp hotel today and tbh weren't that impressed. But then we also went to the oaks hotel which is part of the same company and also offers the midweek deal with the dress, suits etc included and it was MUCH better, we both really liked it. But I just don't think we can afford it :-( Chris wants some of his friends there during the day so we'll have to increase the numbers (40 are included) and will defo need to increase for the night do (only 80 are included), and then there's all the extras like registrar, dj, rings etc.

Chris said his mum said why don't we just go abroad with her and his sister, and my mum and dad and then have a party when we get back. I wouldn't want to do that, but I am considering getting married abroad (but still inviting family and friends) I just feel bad on my grandparents who I don't think would be able to come.

Argh, I don't know what to do :hissy:

weddings are so hard to negotiate. My family and DH's family basically live a continent apart, so deciding where to hold the wedding was difficult. In the end we chose my DH's province since my parents were keen on visiting the province and his family wouldn't be able to do a destination wedding or a visit to my province. It meant none of the rest of my family could come, but we did hold a party back home afterwards. Ironically very few more family members showed up for my after wedding party anyways, so I didn't feel so bad by then.

The thing that is bugging both me and Chris, is that we will have to invite cousins that we NEVER see, and that will lower the amount of friends we can invite :-(

I'm starting to think f*ck it, let's just go abroad with our parents, 2 bridesmaids and best man then have a party when we get back. Its what Chris would prefer, it'll be cheaper, it's a holiday too and I get to wear my dress twice. I'm fed up of the whole thing already and we've not even booked it. Yeah I would prefer to get married in a nice posh hotel here with loads of guests but we can't afford it and tbh have better things to spend our money on.

I've just spoke to Chris about it and he is happy to do the above, but is worried about my mum's reaction. She has got a bit carried away with it all and is pushing for us to book a date and wants to organise a traditional wedding. At the end of the day though it is up to us, it's our wedding. I'll have a talk with her this week. I can't believe I'm actually considering doing this, but the more I think about it the more I think it's the best thing to do :wacko:

We have decided what we're going to do. We are either going abroad with parents, chris' sister, bridesmaids and best man, and have a party when we return, or get married at a small venue here with the same people plus my nana and 2 grandad's, go for a meal with them and then have an evening reception with all our family and friends.

I'm actually feeling good about it and think it will be a much more romantic affair and be just about me and Chris, which is what it should be! :)

Gonna look into both options this week and see what seems best. We are thinking that abroad might be best though as although it will cost more, it's the honeymoon as well as we'll have grandparents there to take the kids off our hands :haha:

EB - I think in the long run you will appreciate avoiding the debt and chaos of a large wedding. A small intimate gathering with the most important people is so romantic and a fun event afterwards will be lovely.

I agree snuggs. I'm actually glad that finances are pushing us to do this as I'm already feeling better about it.

I emailed both my bridesmaids today saying we're likely to go abroad and I'd love for them to be able to come but understand if they can't, one has replied already saying she'd be up for that :dance:

I'm so excited, why didn't I decide to do this earlier?! (or listen to LadyT when she suggested it, I should know by now that she is always right!) We're gonna have a great time away with our loved ones, and the 2 bridesmaids that are hopefully coming have 2 kids katie's age and they're all best friends, plus my (now) 9 month old nephew will be coming, and Chris' Mum was really chuffed when I told her today, she'd love for us all to go on holiday together.

Right, now we need to decide where!

:yipee: My other bridesmaid (maid of honor) has said she'll try her best to be there :yipee: (I just hope Chris doesn't choose her ex to be the best man :argh:)

By "abroad" you mean on the West Coast of Canada, right??? :haha:

Sounds great. I can feel the peace you are feeling about it all. :friends:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back