• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Planning our destination wedding ~ Turkey September 2012 **Pics added!!**

I emailed one of my friends the other day who is a 'travel counsellor' (a self employed travel agent) to see if they organise weddings abroad and they do, she asked me a few things that I want and she's gonna get some prices and ideas and get back to me early next week. I hope it doesn't come back too expensive as she is a lovely lovely lady and I know she would arrange it all perfectly down to every last detail, so I would love to arrange it through her.

Can't wait to see what she comes back with!!

This hotel is a possibility (for staying in & getting married at)

https://www.caravelzante.gr/en/index.html

Greece is probably a very cheap place to stay these days :rofl: It's high up on my list of places to visit one day - looks absolutely beautiful. My BIL is Greek so he & my SIL went there for their honeymoon. Their photos are stunning.

But of course there is a big problem with that location ... it's not close to me at all!! :hissy:

ooooooooooooooooooooooo loooks gooorgeous!!! i so love greece.... and the islands sooo romantic...although i have only ever been as a singleton..lol... remember bagging an adonis on the island of amorgos,....ooo the memories ..ha ha !!

Ha ha nats....did you have sex on the beach? (the cocktail of course :winkwink:)

Chris didn't seem that impressed with the hotel :shrug: But unless we pay silly money we're not gonna get much better.

As long as your room is nice, since that is where you will be staying most of the time ;) I think it will be lovely. The hotel isn't that important anyways (although I think the place look really nice in the pics despite his opinion!!) since it is GREECE and I am sure you will be site seeing and swimming.

Are Katie and Ethan going to be with a babysitter at all so you can "honeymoon"?

After talking with chris' mum tonight we're thinking about turkey. I've actually been to a wedding in turkey and it was lovely. Gonna do some googling in a min.

Snuggs they won't be with a babysitter provided in the hotel (I couldn't leave them with a stranger) but there will be 3 grandparents there plus my 2 best friends who have kids the same age who I know will all happily look after them, I think we may take a couple of days after the wedding to do our own thing/stay somewhere else whilst Katie and Ethan stay with everyone else.

I've been really struggling to find a hotel that is basically within Chris' Mum's budget (she is paying for his sister and normally goes to budget hotels). I can't find one that is nice enough, and when it is for our wedding/honeymoon I refuse to go in a crappy hotel. I'm pleased to say that I mentioned it to Chris and he said bugger it, we are only getting married once and we're not going in a shithole. He is gonna tell his Mum and if she doesnt want to pay the money, then she will have to find a cheaper hotel nearby.

So I have upped our budget & really like the look of this one, and it has good reviews https://www.firstchoice.co.uk/holidays/kos-holidays/kardamena/akti-beach-club/ I have emailed the hotel directly to check availability/prices (we are looking at the last 2 weeks in September).

Hellooo... new stalker here!! I'm doing the exact same as you and having a wedding abroad, we've booked it for 17th October 2012 in Belek - Turkey!! Hopefully we can share the journey together for he next 10months or so and help each other with any planning or ideas! Have you decided between Greece and Turkey yet? We have booked ours through Thomas Cook and they have been fab x x x

Ooh have you, whereabouts are you staying? I'm not sure to be honest, I was swaying away from turkey as I couldn't see any nice hotels, but I might be able to now we've upped the budget. Where are you getting married?

I think we've found our hotel!!!!!!!!!! :yipee: I've been really struggling to find a nice one within everyone's budget, particularly Chris' Mum as she's paying for his sister and nephew too, but I finally found one today that looks lovely, has great reviews & is a brilliant price!!!!!!!! https://www.lowcostholidays.com/turkey/turkey/marmaris/epic-hotel.htm

Now to find somewhere to get married.......

How could it possibly be that cheap????? Good Lord, you would fall on the floor if you saw the prices of hotels in my area!! :shock:

I would prefer to go somewhere a bit 'posher' but for the price I can't grumble, and it has got very good reviews.

I think it looks awesome! In fact I think I will be booking myself a room at the same time you will be there and then I can be the creepy internet friend who lurks around in the shadows at your wedding. :rofl:

I wish rooms & flights were so reasonable here! It would sure make traveling a lot more appealing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->