Please be my WTT buddie

kksy - I've kinda been NTNP for the past 2 months. This will be my 3rd attempt. I didn't even have to try last time; my son was a surprise, so putting any kind of effort into this is weird for me. lol. BD is going back and forth between wanting another, but he didn't even want the first and he's done pretty well so far. And ya, losing weight sucks. I've been varying degrees of overweight since I was a tween. But I'm at my highest non-pg weight right now. It's starting to come off slowly now that I'm back at work.

And I hear you about your SO not taking care of himself, but only cuz he's lazy. He's currently starting to buy 4X clothing cuz the "3X is getting a little tight". IS THAT NOT A FUCKING WAKE UP CALL? He hasn't been to any kind of Dr in years, he won't go for walks with me, something is always hurting (back, feet, ankle, etc), I'm 99.9% sure he has sleep apnea. I've offered to help him many times, but there's only so much I can take. He has a kid who's really on the move now. He needs to get it together.

Kksy - Sorry AF showed up possibly early for you :( And I hope things get better for your hubby, too! Stress can wreak such havoc on the body.

He's still healing but he was able to use his left arm more (fractured elbow) after the first week. They didn't want to put a cast on both arms (he would have been totally helpless) so he had a full arm cast on one arm and the other in a sling. He got put into a cast up to his elbow for 4 weeks and now he's in a brace indefinitely and going to start physical therapy.

I think part of me is so conflicted about not preventing right now... Like you, part of me thinks that it will happen if it's meant to be, but then the other part of me is thinking, "What if this is a bad idea?" Time just isn't on our side though, so I don't want to waste a month either... I could drive myself crazy going back and forth.

I like my Ava bracelet! I didn't trust myself to wake up at the same time every morning to temp, so I like being able to just sync it whenever I do wake up. It's also nice to see the other parameters that it tracks, like resting pulse rate.

pretty- best of luck this month!! do you think you'll stick with NTNP until you're pregnant or do you see yourself full on trying at some point in time? My DH was the same way...didn't really want any to begin with, then felt one and done and now is good with two...so naturally i'm working on number 3 haha. and weight loss is just a b**** sometimes. i've had a really great 2 weeks and then today did really poorly (thank you 2 day long migraine :/). All you can do is just keep pushing forward and not look backwards and be forgiving towards yourself. I'm sorry to hear about your SO health/weight issues. Hopefully something clicks for him soon and he can start taking care of himself.

ladyv- oh goodness! i didn't realize he was still healing! how did he hurt himself? lets hope PT helps get him back to where he needs to be quickly. I've come to the conclusion that no time is the "right" time (though there are certainly moments that are better than others!). especially as a first time parent it is one big black hole of the unknown, which is terrifying to make a choice to jump into. you have to make the decision that makes the most sense for you with what you know right now. how does your DH feel about it? glad to hear you are liking the ava! i did bbt temping with my second (no type of tracking with my first) but it was hard sometimes to get an accurate reading. if/when (positive thinking!) we go for another I will definitely have to look into it!

AFM, I've had a terrible migraine for the past 2 days. was fairly impatient with the kids today which makes me feel pretty guilty (mom guilt gets you every time!) Was able to go out to a craft event with a friend tonight which was really fun and just getting out of the house for a couple hours really put me in a better mode. Will have to find something really fun to do tomorrow (even if its just staying home and playing games) to help make up for it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I probably wont be back on until Monday so talk to you all again soon!

Thanks, I'm hoping it will help him too. He starts tomorrow! He took a bad tumble down the stairs one night when he was walking our dog. She got under his feet and he didn't want to fall on her, so he fell back and tried to catch himself, which didn't bode well for his wrist and elbow.

My husband doesn't want to stop trying but I think that he sees how concerned I am about our finances (again, not in a horrible place but things are tighter than I'd like for them to be) so he's following my lead. I know how I want things to go, which is being 100% thrilled whenever I do get my BFP. Not only partially excited and partially freaking out because that's even more pressure to have things like work and relocation figured out ASAP.

I'm most likely ovulating today or tomorrow but I'm not sure that he knows. He knew that my fertile window started this past week. So far we've only DTD once in my fertile window and I'm okay with that. I will say that not using the OPKs has definitely helped me feel more relaxed! And yes, Ava is great but there seem to be more options out now so do your homework before you buy :)

I hope you're feeling better and have fun with the kids this weekend!

kksy - Sorry for the late reply. Well, I'll definitely be NTNP this month. After that, I assume we'll be trying a little more than before. I "did the math" a while ago and figured out that if I take the 18 month mat leave option, we'd save the most on daycare if I got pg anytime between now and June of next year. Alex starts JK in Sept '21, going back 18 months: March '20, go back another 9 months: June '19. I'm hoping to be able to wear BD down with the "just one more" argument. lol. I'm hoping for at least 3 kids.

So, this is my game plan this month: AF is over. I'm currently at CD8. I'll start taking OPKs at CD13 or 14. Try to DTD a few times and just see what happens. Considering how I was symptom spotting and testing way too early and wasn't pg last time, I feel like I'll probably be able to hold off on testing until I know I might actually get a BFP. Here goes nothing...

How's everyone else doing?

Pretty - It's so nice when AF is finally over. Good luck this cycle!

AFM, my temps are kinda weird but I'm pretty sure I'm in my TWW now. We only DTD twice in my fertile window but it only takes once so we'll see what happens in a couple weeks.

I'm feeling a little more hopeful about my hubby's employment situation after he met with my director's good friend, who is very well connected in our field. She was impressed with his experience and skill set and said she'd hire him today if she had a job. She's going to help connect him to people who may have openings in the works and gave some good suggestions about even trying to create his own position. Send all the good vibes our way!

Status update: Negative opk yesterday at CD15. Been trying to initiate things with BD, but he's always tired and passing out everywhere at any time. Still got a few days to DTD though. I feel like I'm putting in a lot of effort considering I'm saying I'm NTNP. lol

How is everyone else?

I’d say you’re definitely trying,Pretty! Lol

AFM things are okay. I don’t even know off the top of my head how many DPO I am (I know my ticker will say). I’m expecting AF though. I’ve been reading up on resting pulse rate and how it tends to elevate in early pregnancy but mine have been steadily going down. So unless it turns around, I’m not getting my hopes up.

I have the worst acne of my life too, which I never had pre or on birth control, so I’m wondering if maybe my hormones aren’t 100% back on track. It doesn’t seem like there’s anything my doctors can do though. I’m looking into acupuncture and cleanses.

Pretty :haha: it's hard to truly ntnp I think. FX you get some BD in soon and a positive opk.

LadyV I hope the acne is pregnancy related for you. I had loads of pimples in my first tri with V.

I think at 7dpo it's too early to decide if resting heartrate is looking promising or not. They say 9 dpo s most common implant day.

Sorry it's been chaotic at work recently. I've read though.

How's everyone right now?

Flueky - How are you doing? My sister-in-law is a bit ahead of you at 20 weeks and he looks like such a big boy in the scans. So cute. I understand the chaos part, work is crazy for me right now! These forums are one of my escapes lol I wish the acne were pregnancy related but it started a month or so ago and is just always there on my cheeks.

I started reading the Period Repair Manual and acne is not uncommon after coming off of hormonal birth control. I've also been asking around and spoke with a nurse at my gynecologist's office and there's really nothing that can be done that doesn't involve going back on the pill or that isn't recommended for pregnancy/TTC. The good news is that things should clear up by the 6 month mark, so maybe I'll have pretty skin back for Christmas.

As for resting heart rate, I guess I thought I was out because when I looked at the pregnancy charts in the Ava group, the RHR seemed to stay elevated from ovulation. But who knows, maybe I'm not out after all. I'd love a June baby. It would be a great birthday present for my husband and mother-in-law, who have June birthdays. Plus it's father's day :) I also ordered the Premama Birth Control Detox last night, but it's on back order so I don't know when it will actually ship. I'm hoping that it'll help me flush my system of any lingering hormones from the pill.

So that's where I'm at. I feel like I'm writing a novel but I need the outlet. I'm accepting that the timing of my life isn't coinciding with the way I planned for things to go, and I'm trying to learn to be okay with that. It's hard for me, but I know this is an important life lesson.

Well, we DTD last night. I expect to get a positive opk either today or tomorrow. So, now we wait...

I've been getting a bit of acne too, but I know for a fact it hasn't been pg related. FX that this is your cycle, LadyV.

So, my boss just told me today that he's gonna be giving me an extra dollar an hour and that he's thankful to have me back. AND I remembered that were going 8 hours north to my mom's hometown at the end of June next year for few days. So, I've chosen another inopportune time to keep trying. lol

Thanks, Pretty! I thought I might be out but maybe there's hope for me yet :) Fingers crossed for you. I was hesitant about taking on anything new at work (committee involvement, new projects for next year) but now that I see that there's no way of knowing which cycle we'll be successful, I'm not holding back. Extra involvement helps build my case for getting raises and I can use all the extra money I can get. I deserve it. So don't feel bad about trying and work obligations. They will deal with it. And if they value you as much as they say, then they'll be happy for you to take your maternity leave and come back to work after.

Ladyv - True. Guess I'll just have to wait and see if I actually have anything to worry about yet.

I did an opk today and it was still negative. I highly doubt I missed my +. Hopefully it'll be better news tomorrow, or maybe it was a false negative. We'll see. And, I don't remember how it came up, but BD took another opportunity to let me know he doesn't like the girl name I've wanted since I was like 14: Emma. Even I'm worried it's overused these days, but I just like it. I think it's classic, he called it "old". The closest he said he'd probably come to liking a name like what is if it was Emily. This is unacceptable and he already has a first cousin once removed named Emily. I asked if he'd call her Em or short or something (and then argue if he was gonna shorten it anyway, why not just use the name I want?), but he said he'd probably call her Lee. So, I looked up variations and I MIGHT be able to wrap my mind around naming her Emmalee. He'll probably give me some crap about how that spelling is stupid, but that's the best I'm willing to do. If he doesn't like it, he knows where the door is. Now I just need to hope for twin girls, so we each get to name one, or that baby #2 is a boy, so baby #3 can be a girl and at least I'll have 3 kids with the same dad when he gets pissed and leaves. lol. Sorry, some things I can negotiate about and other things, I'll stand firm on.

Exactly, just wait and see :) My husband and I are on the same page when it comes to baby names, thankfully. Even if we weren't, I get final say since I have to carry and birth them! I hope you two can come to an agreement when the time comes!

Ugh I posted last night but the stinking update to the layout lost my replies on 4 threads!!!

Short version. I'm rooting for you Pretty and LadyV.

Lady I'm doing pretty well. Anatomy scan is almost 2 weeks away! Congrats to your SIL.

Pretty hope you two can agree on a name when the time comes.

Thinking of you Miss, kk, and two.

Ugh I posted last night but the stinking update to the layout lost my replies on 4 threads!!!

Short version. I'm rooting for you Pretty and LadyV.

Lady I'm doing pretty well. Anatomy scan is almost 2 weeks away! Congrats to your SIL.

Pretty hope you two can agree on a name when the time comes.

Thinking of you Miss, kk, and two.

Oh no! That seems to be a glitch with the new layout. Overall, I do like it though. I haven't tried to use it on my phone yet. Woo hoo for the anatomy scan! I'm curious, do you have a feeling that it's a boy or a girl? My best friend just knew she was having a boy and was right. My SIL thought girl and was wrong.

Side Note - My Premama Birth Control Cleanse is already out for delivery! I have a feeling that CD1 is on its way (RHR still going down while temps are still up) and I feel weird about being almost excited for it to start (even though I did want a June baby) so I can do the cleanse. I'm just so sick of this acne and excited to see if this will help the acne in addition to helping us conceive.

Last edited:
Good luck with your scan, Flueky. :)

Sounds a little win-win, LadyV. Either you're pg or you get to start your cleanse and clear your acne.

So, I still haven't had a positive opk. And I think the line is getting fainter by the day. Hopefully it's just that my urine wasn't strong enough or maybe I O'd just before I started testing. But it's also possible I just didn't O this month, right? I've been feeling slightly nauseous and headache-y as of late, but I'm trying not to pay it any mind. As I said, just gonna wait and see.

LadyV the new layout is growing on me and a few things I like. I love the alert system for mobile view so I can easily jump to threads.

As far as feelings. My initial thought was boy this time. I had strong girl vibes with V. With her I changed thinking girl to boy because I had a dream of baby boy. I'm sticking with my initial gut instinct this time. I've dreamed a baby girl twice though.

Yay for your cleanse being out for delivery. FX it's just what you needed.

Pretty thank you.

Refer to my response on general chatter thread on opks.

Pretty - Thanks, yes I have a lot to look forward to either way. My temp and resting heart rate are both back up today but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Much easier said than done!

Flueky - Yes, the alerts are great! I'd probably go with my gut too. You have a 50/50 chance either way, right? :)

My cleanse got here yesterday so now I'm just waiting for CD1 or a BFP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->