Please be my WTT buddie

Discussion in 'Waiting To Try' started by MissWaiting, Apr 30, 2018.

1. LadyVictoria

LadyVictoria Well-Known Member

Wow! That's a very long follicular phase. 17 years is a long time to be on the pill. I was on for 7.5 years and I doubt I'll go back to hormonal birth control again. Nothing wrong with being overly cautious! Look at the lengths we're willing to go to for a baby :)

2. Mom15

Mom15 Well-Known Member

I was on it since 13 to regulate my period. I lost so much blood during periods which lasted 3weeks. I ended up getting a D&C at age 13 or 14, because my lining was so thick which was causing heavy bleeds. It was awful as a teenager. I only which I would have known about hormones then what I know now. Maybe there was no other solution than to pump me full of Estrogen, but I wonder if there could have been a more natural way. I have a rather large (roughly 6” x 3.5”) fibroid attached to the top exterior of my uterus and I can’t help but wonder if the pill caused that. It was much smaller before my pregnancies (roughly 1.5” in diameter). It’s a bit scary thinking about baby #3 and how much more the fibroid might grow.

LadyVictoria likes this.
  3. LadyVictoria

Wow! That's a lot to deal with at such a young age :( I thought my regular period was a nightmare back then, I can't imagine dealing with all of that. I don't think you should beat yourself up if that was the only solution you were offered back then! I don't know much about fibroids at all, but are you able to have it removed at some point in the future? That seems so large to me and I'd also be considered about it getting bigger with a subsequent pregnancy.

4. Mom15

Mom15 Well-Known Member

There is surgery that can be done. If I had it done now, my hospital would require a cs with the next pregnancy and I would rather avoid that. And since the fibroid has not caused any issues during pregnancy both my doctor and I think it would be fine having another (last) pregnancy. He did say he has never had a patient going into pregnancy with a fibroid that large, so there is still some worry about when is it getting so big that it does cause a problem. Also I still look pregnant. I know I am only 4 months pp and can’t expect miracles, but I didn’t look this pregnant after DS1, so it would be even worse after another baby. But again I would not care about that if the desire for a third is still there next fall. I don’t feel it on a day to day bases, so I don’t feel the need to have it removed. One thing I will asked my doctor is if he expects it to grow during menopause. If so, I might consider surgery just to avoid health issues down the road. The thought of going under doesn’t scare me nearly as much as the thought of what would happen to my boys if sth were to go wrong during surgery. I swear those thoughts get worse with every child I have. Ok happy thoughts now!
    I’m curious if you will see a change in cm or cycle length with the cleanse?

5. Flueky88

Flueky88 Well-Known Member

Lady glad you are having positive results from the cleanse. Also, not tracking stressed me out more:rofl:

Mom holy moly. I would think you'd be high risk as I'm sure it might cause problems with a baby growing and a fibroid taking up that much space. I'd say you'd be closely monitored. I'd probably feel more comfortable having the surgery and accepting I'd have a c-section. Our manager is having a hysterectomy due to a large fibroid. I can't recall the size and she's either late 40s early 50s so no desire for baby making.

However, it's definitely your choice and I'm no expert in that area. Hope it doesn't cause issues with ttc or pregnancy. I can understand though in a way. ACOG recommends waiting 18 months to 2 yrs after delivery to get pregnant as it increases risk of ptl. Yeah, I'm already at risk and we only waited 12 months. I felt my body was ready and both my drs said it was fine. So there ya go.

6. LadyVictoria

Mom15 - That's definitely a big decision! You have to do what's right for you, though. I wish you the best with your health and whatever you decide!

I'll let you know if I observe any changes. I'm thinking about taking Mucinex again since I have some left over from August but we'll see. That definitely made a huge difference in my CF, which was already abundant before. I'll probably start with OPKs tomorrow.

Flueky - How are you doing? Yes, not knowing what's going on is far more stressful! The control freak part of me won, but at least I tried to go with the flow once in my life LOL

7. Mom15

Mom15 Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies!
    Flueky - I have been high risk my last two pregnancies so lots of visits and scans. I also have a bicornuate uterus which was the original cause for my doctor to put me as high risk. The other concern for surgery would be that it could thin the iterine wall as the fibroid is attached to it. It’s one of those things where we will never know which is the best way forward. Just the fact that I have had two full term (actually carried ds2 longer with a bigger fibroid) pregnancies and no iugr with either boy. So cs aside I would be terrified that my uterus could rupture during pregnancy.
    We’ll see since I am only 4 month pp I don’t really need to make a decision, but I think about it every day. Last time my cycle returned 11mons pp. I find myself checking cm lately and then I think it’ll be a long 5 mins if I am already checking cm. Last time my entire uterus hurt when I O’ed the first time. It may have been the fibroid that actually hurt. This feels like a really loooong tww. Lol.
    Will you find out the gender soon Flueky?

8. Flueky88

LadyV as for cm. I get ewcm, but I have a little trouble with dryness around my opening :blush: I have used preseed both times to assist with that as it's a fertility friendly lube. I only used it externally, but some women use internally. Could be something for you to think about.

:rofl: I think I tried going with the flow twice while ttc dd. First was first cycle and second was just after 12 months of ttc. I had the shortest cycle like 22 days. Drove me batty.

Mom so either way risks. It sounds like it may be better to wait then. Glad it didn't cause any IUGR either :)

I found waiting for first pp AF annoying because I didn't know when to expect O. I did have clear O signs though. Mine came back 15 weeks pp as I quit combi Feeding at 3 months. I'm hoping to BF exclusively on my leave and maybe pump to have some extra when I go to work. Thankfully, I can easily pump with my current job. My previous I would have had to pump in the car which is awkward and worrying about milk spoiling.

Is your LO starting to sttn??

I find out gender Monday :) :) I'm so excited. Hope baby cooperates. It was the first thing we saw with V, she was proud of her girly bits :rofl:

9. Mom15

Mom15 Well-Known Member

Yes he does really well at night. We don’t have a schedule yet and he on and off naps until I go to bed at 10pm. I usually have him down by 11pm the latest. And then he may wake up once or not at all til 6 or 7 am. That was unheard of with my first. My first was a great napper though. This one is more into capnapping which could also be due to the noise his big brother makes. Exciting you will find out the gender Monday and good luck with the scan in general.

10. LadyVictoria

Hang in there, Mom15!

Flueky - I actually don't have a dryness issue at all, but I wanted to try the "Trifecta to getting pregnant" (Mucinex + Preseed + SoftCups). Once I saw the affects of the Mucinex, I knew I wouldn't need the Preseed so I just did 2/3. Didn't result in a BFP so I didn't bother with it again (waste of SoftCups), but I do still have leftover Mucinex which is why I may try it again.

How exciting that you find out on Monday! I hope this baby gives you a good view too lol Are you telling anyone?

11. LadyVictoria

I had a very realistic BFP dream last night! I took two tests (a cheapie and FRER) and both were positive and my husband's reaction was so cute. It was a mixture of shock and pure happiness. I have no idea where we were but his brother's family was there, too. I have a feeling that when it happens, his brother will be one of the first people to know since they're so close. It's not my first BFP dream but maybe it's a good sign for this cycle. Fingers crossed!

I wonder where Pretty and MissWaiting are?

12. PrettyInInk42

PrettyInInk42 Well-Known Member

I'm here. lol. Didn't really have much to contribute your convo with Mom15, LadyV.

Currently 10dpo. AF is technically late, but if I O'd late, I'd expect a slightly longer cycle. Took a cheapie test this morning. I MAYBE see something in the inverted pic, but it could also just be fluff or something.

Also been kinda sick for a few days: coughing, stuffed up, achy, but no fever. I think I'm starting to get better now.

#492 PrettyInInk42, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  13. LadyVictoria

Oh, hello! Is your luteal phase shorter than 10 days? That might be problematic (might mean low progesterone?). I don't see anything on the regular picture. Did you see anything in person?

Hope you feel better soon!

14. PrettyInInk42

I have no idea about my LP. I've never tracked anything until these last couple months. And even in person, the test is a real squinter. Gonna take another one on Sunday if AF doesn't show up first.

15. Mom15

Mom15 Well-Known Member

Pretty - can’t decide if I see sth or not. I see what you mean on the inverted. How do you track your cycle now? Are you doing opks? Hoping AF stays away!

16. PrettyInInk42

Mom15 - My fitbit app has a feature that helps you track the length of your cycle and then gives you an approximate "fertile window". I've also used opks for the last couple months.

And this was my test this morning...

17. Mom15

Mom15 Well-Known Member

Wohoo! That’s a bfp! No squinting required. I knew there was something on your test yesterday. How are you feeling?

18. Flueky88

Pretty definite bfp. With wondfos I'd only test every other day. They didn't show good progression for me this time. It's why I spent so mhch on frer:haha:

Any symptoms?? Other than sickly before??

19. PrettyInInk42

It doesn't feel like a BFP. More like an IBP (itty bitty positive), lol. No symptoms that I notice. Every now and then, my boobs feel a tiny bit fuller. Not at this moment though. I didn't really have a lot of symptoms with my first though. I actually bought one of those at home dopplers and was checking for his heartbeat everyday from 11 weeks until I could feel him moving regularly.

So, my plan going forward is to keep my Oct 23 prenatal appt. They'll give me a requisition for blood work. Once that's confirmed, I guess I'll need to tell SO (I think I'll just call him that from now on). And I think they'll probably tell me to have an ultrasound, just to check for a heartbeat and get a proper EDD based on measurements. So, not sure if I should tell him before so he can come with me, or tell him after once we have it all super confirmed. Sound good?

20. LadyVictoria

Pretty - I definitely see a line there! Fingers crossed for you!

What I meant about the luteal phase is that you usually have a set amount of days between ovulation and when you get your period. Mine is 12 days on average (but it can vary by a day more or less). A luteal phase less than 10 days is problematic because it may not allow implantation to successfully happen. That's why I was asking. But it looks like you may not have anything to worry about!

As for me.. I need to vent! Ovulation is 3 days away and we haven't had sex yet... Life is really dealing us a sh!tty hand right now. SO much stress between issues with family members (both mine and his) and big transitions at work, and I'm throwing a big event for the first time tomorrow and there's a lot of pressure to make it better than previous years.

I feel like I've done SO much differently this cycle to give ourselves the best chance. I've cut back on sugar tremendously, I choke down ACV and this Premama cleanse every morning and the taste of both is starting to make me sick. I try to be more active and on top of that I'm taking care of everyone else in my life, from my family to co-workers. I can't catch a freaking break. I really don't want this month to go to waste.