Please be my WTT buddie

I’m sorry LadyV. It’s always the worst timing isn’t it. I know it’s not the most romantic, but hopefully you find time for at least a quicky. You haven’t missed your O yet so still perfect timing. Are you doing opks?

Thanks, Mom15! I actually left him a note this morning that explained how I'm feeling and we talked on the phone during my lunch break. We apologized for letting this funk take over and will be spending some quality time together tonight. I do use OPKs and they've been negative so far. I don't anticipate getting a positive until tomorrow or Wednesday.

Since my plan to BD every other day starting CD12 didn’t happen, I don’t know whether or not I should aim for the next 3 days or still do every other, which would likely mean just hitting O-3 (today) and O-1. I have no idea what my husband’s sperm is like but he’s in his late 40s and my doctor recommended EOD. Decisions, decisions.

For what it’s worth, we have always just done EOD when I have conceived. On the surface it looks like it takes me a while to get pregnant, but I think there have always been reasons. Ttc#1 I came off of the pill I had been on for 17 years. Like mentioned before I had long irregular cycles. So it took 9 month, but in those I had only 6 cycles. Then we missed O 2-3 times due to the fact I was just learning about tracking my cycle. So realistically it only took 3-4 months. Then ttc#2 I was a pro at tracking, but nursing gave me a luteal Phase defect. Worst was a 3 day LP. started ttc#2 July 2016. As soon as I quit nursing Jan. 2017, I had a cp, then conceived but mc. Then first try 7months later DS#2 was made. So I literally conceived every cycle I wasn’t nursing, just one of those times baby stuck. So again it looks like it took 15mons to conceive DS2, but it was due to nursing and non viable pregnancy(s).
Not sure what I am getting at lol, just that eod has worked twice. And with our second we stopped two days before O. Tried to sway girl. Lol. Next time I think we will try 5 days out first cycle, then 4 and so on until I get too impatient if I don’t conceive.
Glad you had a good talk with your DH. Happy bd’ing :)

Good luck ladyV. Feel free to vent when you need to. Maybe do todauy 3 days before O, then 1 day before and O day. That would still give great chances :)

AFM scan went well. Couldn't get all the spine images so we get another scan in 5 weeks. We were able to confirm gender. Team pink again. I'm a little disappointed but it's okay. V will have a sister close in age and I'll imagine they will almost be like twins :haha:

Mom15 - Thank you for sharing and sorry for your losses. That makes me feel better! But I just got this positive OPK so I'm thinking I may not have as much time as I thought. I wonder if the vitex in my Premama cleanse is causing a slightly earlier ovulation? I wonder if I'll have more noticeable, one-sided cramping when it happens too. We shall see!

https://i67.tinypic.com/j0yvlk.jpg

Flueky - Thanks for the advice! I really don't know what to do now that I got a positive OPK a little bit sooner than I expected.

Congratulations on another baby girl! I understand wanting one of each, but I'm sure they will be close :)

LadyV I would just BD today and tomorrow then if you both feel up to it :) I wouldn't be suprised if earlier O was due to your changes. Lots of baby dust!!

That may be our best bet. Definitely wasn't expecting that! Now I'm really kicking myself for missing out on prime time.

What Flueky said! Bd today and tomorrow and I think your chances are just as good. Assuming everything is fine with Dh’s swimmers there are still millions of them trying to make it to your egg. And I wouldn’t be surprised if your O is happening a bit earlier due to the supplements. Btw. besides EOD we have never bd’d once my cm switched to creamy with is also the day I get a temp “rise” on 1dpo. After many cycles I noticed that my temp at 1dpo is very consistently 97.4 and then goes further up at 2-3dpo. I just went back through my charts and it’s almost creepy how it is the same temp at 1dpo except for the cycles I was breastfeeding. I can geek out on data and it’s fascinating to me how much our body temp can tell us.

Flueky - congrats on a healthy baby girl. I didn’t find out gender until birth, but I worked hard to prepare myself for another boy just in case which turned out to be a good thing. That way I went through the disappointment of not having a girl during pregnancy and was happy no matter what at birth. Don’t feel bad about negative feelings. I think what people who don’t understand your disappointment confuse is, I never felt sad about my baby being a boy, it’s a sadness about what I may never have. I still can get sad if I think too much about it. If we go for another of course there is still the chance for a girl, but I think to protect myself I’m already assuming it will be another boy and that way if it’s a girl I will be excited, but not disappointed if it’s another boy.

I guess that's the plan, now! My big work event is tomorrow and I'm sure I'll be able to go home early once it's done. That'll give me some time to relax before hubby gets home.

It is really cool to have data to look at, even though not everyone ovulates on the day of a temp drop. There are times when I think I ovulated when my temp was rising. I think I've accepted that it's all an approximation and I likely can't pinpoint ovulation, rather just have a good guess about the general time frame when it happened. Even when I do have one-sided cramping, I think, "What if it's just gas or something?" lol

That's a great approach to combat gender disappointment! My cousin has one girl and 2 boys. She was so sad when her last was a boy because she wanted another girl. Cried for days!

My event went well today! I got to leave early afterwards and got a peak OPK! It's the darkest one I think I've ever gotten, actually (faintest control line I've had). I'm really curious to see if I'll have any cramping from ovulation and if it will be stronger. Definitely doing the deed tonight:)

https://i63.tinypic.com/flzqfs.jpg

Wow sure looks like the cleanse may be causing a strong LH surge. Fx for a super strong O! Curious when’s your temp will spike.

Thanks! My temp is slightly up from yesterday. Sometimes my temps slowly rise and other times, big spikes after O.

Best of luck this cycle, LadyV! :)

And I don't think I've congratulated you on another girl, Flueky. If you remember correctly, I know all about gender disappointment. There are pros for either gender and I'm sure your girls will be the best of friends. Congrats!

Just found out today that a local midwife clinic has a spot open for me. ^_^

Thanks, Pretty! Have you taken any more tests? Hopefully your lines are darker now.

AFM I think I ovulated last night. I noticed fertile fluid when I wiped before we DTD (can’t really tell what’s what afterwards) and then from 8-10pm I had some right sided cramping. Ava moved my ovulation to today (from tomorrow) and I suppose that’s not entirely wrong since my egg should still be around, hopefully being fertilized! My temp and pulse are both up again today. I think I’ll consider tomorrow 1DPO. I have a feeling that FF will give me cross hairs on CD15 because of the temp dip but we’ll see. Yesterday made 3 years since my husband proposed and I think it would be so sweet to conceive on such a special day for us.

275C6EFA-86FE-494A-BA84-C6BEE7F0B5ED.jpeg

Last edited:
Ya, I took a test yesterday morning and it was pretty positive. I have 2 more of the cheapies, so I'll probably use those up, but I dunno which day.

Screenshot_20181016-075212~2.png

LadyV - glad it all worked out and I think you ended up with great timing! And the waiting begins....

Pretty - very nice looking test and yay that your midwife has a spot for you!

LadyV - glad it all worked out and I think you ended up with great timing! And the waiting begins....

Pretty - very nice looking test and yay that your midwife has a spot for you!

Thank you :) Yes, bring on the torturous TWW lol It doesn't help that my SIL and best friend's showers are coming up. I'm testing on Halloween and then SIL's shower is that following Saturday. I'm in charge of decorations and favors, but I already bought most of them. Then my best friend's shower is the next weekend. I have to get her gift. I'm literally forced to have babies on the brain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->