Please help, been scammed out of £500 3 weeks before my baby due

I do hope he is true to his word but for your own sake i would stop texting and phoning. Recorded delivery letters are better.

Recorded delivery letters? I can't wait that long for the money back unfortunately :(

I really hope you get your money back, tbh I think if he was planning on defrauding you he wouldn't answer your texts and calls at all. I personally think you may have a difficult time technically doing anything to get the money back because I'm not entirely sure where you stand legally when your OH gave the money, however, I think if he doesn't pay it back tomorrow he sounds to me he will scare easily if you start threatening police and legal action, my fingers are crossed for you :flower: (and make sure you give negative feedback!!!)

Recorded delivery letters? I can't wait that long for the money back unfortunately :(

Well i would print out all msgs sent and received just incase. Hopefully you will get it back tomorrow. Try not to worry.

Hope you get your money back hun! :hugs: Something similar happened to me and I contacted the fraud department of my bank and they gave me the money back and sorted it x

I think the police will regard it as a civil matter and won't do anything, you could take him to small claims court but it probably wouldn't be worth it to be honest. Sorry!
Hopefully he will return the money to you off his own back xx

Hope you get the money back. :hugs:
I don't understand why he sold the car then said days later he doesn't want to drive it after saying he'll drop it off
Also he said he needed the money quick al chances are he doesn't have it anymore x

sorry but if he doesn't give the money back then you will have to wait quite a while if you persue it thru small claims court. I highly doubt hes just going to transfer it back unfortunately.

Good luck. I hope you get your money back. I think you've done the right thing by telling him you will go to the police. It might scare him into paying it back.

hope he sent the money this morning x

Hope he sent you your money. Just a little note to say I think the police non emergency number would help as we had someone call our business and he used abusive and threatening language to us so I called the police and they called him and warned him ten mins later he called to apologise.

My OH txt him his morning asking if he putting money in just got a "yes" back. 2 hours later OH messaged again saying we waiting for money as we need it and asked when he was paying it in, just got a reply saying "today"
He rang OH 45 mins ago and said he was on way to the bank to pay it in. Nothing yet and I'm sure Lloyd's close at 4.30 :(

I am so sorry lovely. I would ring the police non-emergency number. To me he has broken this law https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obtaining_a_money_transfer_by_deception

What a shit! Really hope you get you money back. I'd definitely call the police.

My OH txt him his morning asking if he putting money in just got a "yes" back. 2 hours later OH messaged again saying we waiting for money as we need it and asked when he was paying it in, just got a reply saying "today"
He rang OH 45 mins ago and said he was on way to the bank to pay it in. Nothing yet and I'm sure Lloyd's close at 4.30 :(

If he does pay it in after 3 or 3.30 can't remember which, remember it won't show up until tomorrow. If he hasn't done it today I would say if it's not in by 3pm tomorrow you are calling the police (still not sure they'd do anything but I would threaten all the same!!!)

I wouldn't be surprised if you got 'I had an accident on the way to the bank', 'I got mugged on the way to the bank' or 'my Nan's cats sister gave birth to 30 chickens and I had to help with the emergency labour' kind of excuse tomorrow.

Call the police hun, he is derailing your DH with the excuses. I'm sorry you're going through this, some people have no morals xxx

I wouldn't be surprised if you got 'I had an accident on the way to the bank', 'I got mugged on the way to the bank' or 'my Nan's cats sister gave birth to 30 chickens and I had to help with the emergency labour' kind of excuse tomorrow.

Call the police hun, he is derailing your DH with the excuses. I'm sorry you're going through this, some people have no morals xxx

This is EXACTLY the kind of guy he is... Complete conman. I'm distraught :( my OH is still holding out hope but I know our money is gone

I think you should explain to your DH that you have given the guy a few days grace, benefit of the doubt and all that but now it's time to be realistic, it's a hck of a lot of money.

I think that your partner probably knows, deep down, that it is gone but probably feels a bit embarrassed/ashamed that he was conned.

Try and reassure him that it happens to a lot of people, but the quicker it's reported the more likely it is you can get help and also stop it from happening to someone else.

The only thing I think though was that if he was definitely planning on keeping the money, why keep texting? Wouldn't he just shut his phone off or block the number or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->