Please help, been scammed out of £500 3 weeks before my baby due

Because the longer he pushes it, the harder it is for them to get the police and/or bank to listen.

Honestly, I feel like you warned him yesterday that if it wasn't sorted today you would go to the police, so you should do it. Even just some advice off them would perhaps help you. It is what 101 is there for.

I see, well I would ring the police number (but still threaten him first because you never know) but I'm not sure how much they will help, I hope they can.

I would contact ebay-if nothing else so that they can close or monitor his account, maybe prevent him from listing anything to large. Then call police. No way would I wait any longer and would have called days ago at hint of issue so do not feel bad feeling your jumping gun/should give him longer. Call bank to to alert them of issue. may not do much but good to have a solid record of what you did to try and help yourself

Thanks so much everyone. I have a feeling he is dragging it along maybe so we can't do anything? I'm not sure

Definately contact the police and the bank hun! :hugs: Sounds like he's purposely dragging it on, what a horrible person! X

I agree that he may well be dragging it out to make you look less credible with the police. He could claim that he gave you the money back in cash and that you're trying to scam him, and the longer ago the sale was agreed the more likely that will seem.
I'd be dialling 101 asap, at the very least so that you can get some advice about what to say to make him more likely to pay up (hey might not be able to do anything but I bet they'll have more ideas about what works for people in this situation)

I'm sorry to say but this is a fairly common scam. I've heard of quite a few people having this happen to them. He does not plan on returning your money at all and is just trying to buy himself more time. If you plan to contact police or your bank, you need to do it ASAP. Don't let him have anymore time to stall.

I would just ring police now his had time and hasnt put it in. Least if u ring and see where u stand and not just assume nothing can be done. I am not sure what can be done but what do u have to lose

think you've been patient enough - stop letting him call your bluff and report him - tho I had something similar with my wedding dress - paid cash, they did a bunk nothing could be done legally it sucks

If i'm honest I would contact the police. I was scammed out of £300 for a Playstation years ago and the police dealt with it. They can't force them to give the money back BUT having a policeman/woman contacting him might put the scarers on him.

I think it is "luck of the draw" though as I know people who have had similar and not got anywhere. Probably depends where you live and if they have bigger and more important things/criminals to worry about.

You need to contact eBay though. They are usually very good at looking after their customers.

He has actually broke the law as his broke the agreement on ebay for sellers

To the OP isn't there distance selling laws?
https://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft913.pdf
Have a read through them I dunno if they will be of any help.

Really hope you get your money back.
:hugs:

Posts have been removed/edited from this thread to tidy it up a bit and keep it on track :flower:

Ok so my oh just rang him, supposedly he missed the bank by 2 mins, will be in this morning without fail...

Getting sick if hearing it now, I've told my oh if it's not in by 3pm he is to call 101.

I don't know if eBay will do anything with him not sending it via PayPal. I'll update IF the money goes in, if not I'll update what police say

I hope he puts it in this time, I think you should of just rung the police when you told him you was gonna - hes had plenty of chances and it seems he's doing you the run around. I completely understand your OH being hopeful he'll give it back but if its not today then please contact the police.

Such horrible people out there these day :growlmad: :hugs:

I think at this stage you need to stop believing the guy. You have told him you are giving until 3pm today, that is actually rediculous the guy has £500 belonging you and has been stringing you along for days. Now is time to be proactive, I think the longer it is left the less chance you have of being able to get this money back. You need to contact both the police and your bank, they are the people who can offer you advice on what steps you need to take, also ebay, but they can't force a payment so it's not as important to contact them as yet.

Oh so sorry babe :hugs:

For some reason I also think you will get your money back, I really don't think someone who intends on keeping the money would keep on replying back to text messages. Something similar happened to a friend of mine except the guy switched his phone off and got away with her £600 xx

Okay I've just read the recent replies and it seems this guy is taking the mick with all these excuses, ring the police.

Have you tried ringing ebay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->